Ace Cash Express

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ace Cash Express Chairman, President, and CEO Jay B. Shipowitz

Jay B. Shipowitz

Pros:
  • "Incentives are good pay is okay"
    in 4 reviews
  • "You may get a good amount of free time during certain parts of the day, where you can study or catch up on other things"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Absolutely no work/life balance"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Almost impossible to get approvals on check cashings from an RA manager due to understaffing because of their ridiculously high turnover rate"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Center associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo supervisor on you at all times, if you sell enough cards or do enough loans you will get a bonus

ConsCan't leave the store at all until shift is over, very vulnerable to being held up coming into the store or leaving, only person all day at very busy stores, management doesn't care about employees or safety

Was threatened by my DM that I would lose my job because I was sick (with a note) and missed one day of work in a year!

Center Manager (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsThe customers were nice and you built up a relationship

Cons10 to 13 hour days and you are locked in. No breaks, not allowed to leave

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't threaten your employees, they will find work elsewhere

Worst Company to work for

Pantego, TX

Prosits good experience and the management level training looks good on a resume and there are alot of skills you can learn from working here and the company also offers pretty good benefits.

Consthey expect so much out of you and pay you like a burger flipper but still expect management level results for chicken feed. long long shifts 12 hours per day and its impossible for them to stay staffed because of their high turnover rate

Advice to Senior Managementcare about jr level management

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Probably one of the worst companies I have worked for.

ProsI really do not have anything nice to say about this company at all.

ConsThe management is horrible. They do not pay enough to keep anyone that is worth working for this company so you are forced to work long hours with no brakes. They make false promises all of the time. And when it comes time they just ignore you like a teenager. The drama is horrible because everyone is unhappy. And most of the customers are horrible to the employees. I could go on and on but I do not think there is enough space here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to train the district managers so they know how to do their job. Also take a good look at some of the district managers. They have no business doing this job. Especially when they ignore all of their employees. I have heard over and over and also seen it first hand that they do not get back to you.

High turnover and management cares about nothing but themselves

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot one thing, No sense of loyalty

ConsNo Loyalty, Inconsiderate people, out to con the consumer

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on the community inside and outside of the workplace. Learn a bit of loyalty. Create a better work atmosphere rather than one that resembles a chop shop.

Worst company I've every worked for....by far!

Collections Representative (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsGreat Coworkers. Great Location (Las Colinas)

Consshady management
    terrible work strategies
    huge turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementI have never heard of a company that changes their bonus structure monthly just to save money. you get 3 paid vacations and then they call themselves "employer of choice". Something is wrong when you have supervisors that walk. at least 12 in a year's time. something is wrong with the company not the man! Jay Shipowich seems to be an ok guy but considering the only interaction is maybe an elevator ride, that is even an assumption.

Not a good place to work.

Center Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNone this company is horrible to work for.

ConsThey do not promote from within, the upper management is clueless, no sense of how to treat employees or customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace more value on your employees and reward hard work and dedication.

horrible work environment no breaks no advancement no respect

Savannah, GA

Prosbenefits are good with this company

Consone person working a 11 to 12 hr shift alone with no break ther should be 2 people working at all times we should have lunch breaks. no room for advancement no mtivation from your dm no help from your dm you are just a number pay is bad for managers

Advice to Senior Managementgive the centers back to the managers let them do their own ordering and make out their own schedule and make available room for advancement and keep your dms in check there treating people wrong using profanity when they talk to them.

Marketing Manager

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsEntrepreneur environment and informal dress code

ConsThey go through hiring phases and hire way too many people and then do yearly layoffs. It makes for a very competitive and unstable work environment.

Absolutely NO work/life balance! If that doesn't bother you at all, great job for you.

CSM (Current Employee)

ProsYou work alone, able to do homework or read books etc

ConsFor everything that you have to do, compensation is minimal. Prepare to be belittled and threatened for not doing everything they want you to do, when they say and how they say. If a child or yourself falls ill and you need the day off...don't hold your breath on it, get up and get ready for work! And if you do get it off, prepare for snide remarks and audible sighs from the DM because they actually have to get up and do something!

Advice to Senior ManagementI have never been so unhappy at a job in my life! They want, want, want and we get nothing but ridicule in return! This is not a job for someone with children or a family...any one that enjoys maintaining a life outside of work, forget about it with ACE. You work 3-5 days a week, 11.5 hour (starting at 8:30) shifts locked behind bulletproof glass unable to leave once you're back there. In my short, but morale draining time here I can't even begin to count the number of emplyees that have walked out. Its a miserable environment to be stuck in day after day. They give sick time, but its like pulling teeth to be ablt to actually utilize it. I'm trying really hard to think of something nice to say...Analyzing it and reading through it again, this is very cordial in comparison to what I actually want to say :) There's still the insurance licensing process, the rude clientele they attract, the UNhelpful desk and IT department, lack of security (held up leaving center only couple months into job!), absolutely no stability cause you're always being called in. Don't make plans if you're not prepared to have to back out last minute! This company is all about the money, money that you won't see of course. I know people that make more working at grocery stores. This is the least I've ever been compensated, but the place I had to do more than my fair share of work. Lifes not fair right? A couple more days and I'm off to a new start and I'll never look back or recommend ACE to anyone for employment.

Worked for Ace Cash Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ace Cash Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ace Cash Express CEO Jay B. Shipowitz. All 86 reviews posted anonymously by Ace Cash Express employees.