Acellent Technologies

Add Photos

Irene Li

great start-up, collegial environment

I have been working at Acellent Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgood office environment, very entrepreneurial spirit. no excessive supervision. while i can understand why some individuals might say that the office plays favorites, it's more like a specific underperforming employee might be "less of a favorite" than everyone. else.

Good compensation and solid benefits, management cares. there are no firings or workers being laid off. management will let individuals know they are underperforming, which gives them time to switch jobs if they want.

compensation, particularly bonuses are extremely merit based.

Consbonuses are extremely merit based. long staff meetings every week. management and employees are often traveling.

It is no less than a hell.

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Acellent Technologies full-time for more than a year

Prosnot a single thing to mention

ConsDumb Management, Rude management, Management people insult employees infront of everyone, management spends vacation considerable amount of the time outside USA, run staff meeting which is completely waste of time, spends project money for their own use, waste project money on internal work, hence the project is never done,cuts salary without any reason, makes new law on vacation time so that they get the money back from the employee benefit,hires family members, impose irrelevant work on employees when they do not understand any basic engineering, shouts on employees in the staff meeting, do not know how to pay respect to people, they think they are god, not at all, they are the worst,unprofessional and dumb people that can be found in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some manners...dont think no one can see you

Emerging start-up, great experience

I have been working at Acellent Technologies full-time

ProsNo red-tape
no office politics
ping pong table
travel
employees
start-up environment means great experience in many facets

Conshours can be long
staff meetings are often about topics that are sometimes irrelevant to many who are present
management/employees are often traveling and that leads to longer staff meetings to catch everyone up
can be severe pay cuts

Advice to Senior Managementneed more respect to the employees

One of the best working environments. Great staff-intelligent, friendly and incredibly driven group of people.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Acellent Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of teamwork and collaborating with its surrounding companies, such as, Boeing, Bell, and NASA. Very fair salary pay. A diverse place where innovative ideas are greatly appreciated. Acellent has a great Management Team where the company meets success.

ConsGreat place to meet new and friendly employers where they have similar degrees as you. Acellent is in a location that is voted number 1 best places to work. Great facilities as well. Great group of people.

Valuable short term experience, but unsustainable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Acellent Technologies full-time

Pros- Working with very talented multidisciplinary individuals
- Working in a growing industry with many opportunities to learn and to innovate
- Freedom from the overwhelming regulation tape imposed by larger companies in aerospace
- Get-it-done mentality

Cons- Haphazard regulations that are followed and enforced at a whim
- Upper management is hardly ever in the office, resulting in long mandatory company meetings in which upper management wastes the time of 90% of employees while picking apart the details of projects involving 10% of employees. While they think they are promoting a sharing atmosphere where everyone can contribute, the valuable contributions were already made outside of that meeting.
- Upper management cares more about finding a cheaper vendor than providing a customer with quality components -- this could be disastrous if the company goes from the R&D world to a real product
- Just-get-it-done mentality
- Upper management plays favorites
- Employees are constantly being threatened with salary cuts, whether as a joke or not, this is totally unacceptable and unprofessional
- Employee culture and life balance leaves much to be desired -- many employees work a full day and go home to work a full night because they are given so many tasks with arbitrary and unreasonable deadlines

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to tone down the over-ambition and work on fostering respect for their talented employees such that they can retain their skills and experiences for more than a few years.

Worst place you could be working at.

I have been working at Acellent Technologies full-time

ProsSometimes you work with good people, but they dont last long

ConsPretty much everything. I would recommend you speak to some of the former employees before even considering a job with this one

Worked for Acellent Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acellent Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acellent Technologies CEO Irene Li. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Acellent Technologies employees.