Acero Precision

Updated March 26, 2014
Updated March 26, 2014

2.6

Michael Fitzgerald

Good company if it's a fit for you

Current Employee - Class I Machinist
    Current Employee - Class I Machinist

Pros

Very clean and organized. Seems like they are heading in the right direction long-term with the expansion, even if it is kind of disorienting to be working through it now. Cell leaders are generally talented machinists/programmers and good managers. Good place to learn if you are just getting started, or to get time on more advanced programming with Mastercam, Solidworks, Fanuc or Mazatrol.

Cons

Like some have mentioned, can feel disorganized with the transition to the new building and expansion going on around you, but it really isn't a frequent problem. It's an up and coming company so the culture is different than some people are used to. Not a bad thing but some people have a hard time adjusting.

Finish the new building

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Manufacturing Assistant in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

Lots of OT. Possibly a good start for someone with little experience. Very clean.

Cons

Management is disorganized, unresponsive, and fickle. Morale is permanently low. Rules and priorities change with the wind. Promises made in interviews vanish when you show up. Performance reviews are mostly theatrical ways explain why you wont get a raise. The pay is weak when compared to the industry but employees are gratified by the bountiful OT. Be flexible because the turnover/staffing issues will cause your work to be stretched. If you were hired with no previous experience you can expect that your bosses and coworkers to also have little experience. Even though this place looks nice, everything in the shop is not suited to task and/or the cheapest thing in the MSC catalog. Have you ever cut a titanium bar with a Home Depot circular saw? I have.

If you work there try not to stay too long because the culture and values you learn there will be a detriment at a more reputable employer.

The shop is not run for the employees benefit. I have a strong feeling that the morale / turnover issues are simply a part of the business model.

Don't Do it , Worst decision I ever made !

Pros

I didn't stay long enough to see any Pros . The few people I meet seem like good Hard working people , but they also seem to be very unhappy .

Cons

I realized two weeks into my employment that I made a Hugh mistake . I have worked in the manufacturing industry for over 20 years and I have never seen such unprofessionalism at the management level . The General Manager ( COO ) , works maybe 5 hours a day and has no leadership ability . The HR dept. Is ran by the president ( owner ) , that alone tells you all you need to know . During my short and forgettable time employed at Acero I did have chance to meet a few nice people , all with less than 2 years of employment , most of the employees are actively looking for new jobs . A very high rate of turnover , hundreds of people have gone thru that place .

Change your career before taking a job at Acero .

Learn how to treat your employees , they are people with families also . Stop the turnover and you might have a chance to be successful . Bring in a General Manager who knows how to run a company .

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happy to be working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

I was happy to find solid employment and the company has continued to grow during my time here. Treated well and most people are working pretty hard every day. Plans for new facility include many benefits most manufacturers don't have.

Cons

Not much, we are spread across 5 buildings so interaction is not that good there are people that I never see. We are trying to build up but things are taking longer than I would like.

Do whatever it takes to get everyone together.

Exciting Place To Work

Pros

Huge amounts of opportunity. If you have the right attitude you can learn how to do almost anything, and management will reward you for your hard work. Shop floor is very clean and organized, feels much healthier to work here than your average machine shop or factory. New expansion project is exciting, and It seems like the company will continue to do well in the future.

Cons

Not many, as long as you see work as an opportunity and not a problem. Things are a little hectic with the expansion but it is temporary.

Find a different job... but if you must... GET EVERYTHING ON PAPER!!!

Pros

Willing to hire people with little to no experience

Cons

They don't really know what they are doing. Company is good at rubbing elbows and getting the "sales" in but the upper management doesn't know how to run a company. Running a company begins with taking care of the employees, not building a multi-million dollar "state or the art" facility. Acero would be a lot more profitable if they took care of their employees instead of overworking them into the ground. They need to stop building unnecessary upgrades to their new facility like a helipad and use that money to give back to the workers who put their blood sweat and tears into the company. Upper Management tries to swindle you out of the raises that are due to you so that they can put on a horse and pony show with all the new fancy upgrades... most of which don't make any sense. ie: why does a machine shop have a slippery $1million dollar floor made of terrazzo (basically like marble)? Who is that for?! Not for the employees because it is extremely unsafe for when oil drips out on the floor or when employees have to stand on that hard floor ALL day for 10+ hours at a time. Upper Management worries about the image that Acero is putting out there, but they aren't focusing on the bad reputation that already exists amongst the industry that it is a horrible place to work for machinists... I'm sure for everyone else as well.

Focus on building a reputation that it's a GREAT place to work, not building a facade of a reputation through a fancy building. The infastructure will crumble if you do not have the employees dedicated to helping the company succeed and grow. Focus on cultivating a good culture, and a happy work environment. For the record, CLEAN does not equal happy. Focus beyond the superficial level.

Unprofessional and bad company culture. Don't walk , run from this place

Current Employee - Machinist  in  West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Machinist in West Chester, PA

Pros

The only pros are the lies you hear when accepting your position. They tell you their will be room for advancement but the only advancements/ promotions are having you cover another shift / job while people continue to walk out! In my 20 yrs in the industry I've never seen such turn over. They say it's "the industry" and blame the high turn over on the culture of machining .

It's not this way anywhere else!

Cons

Everything at Acero is a con. The management/ownership is very unprofessional and disorganized. They are always scrambling because people quit w/o notice due to unfair treatment. The environment is very I unhealthy because everyone is so unhappy there. They are currently building a new facility, which is said to be beautiful on blueprint. If the company put half the time into their employees as they did talking up the new building they may have a shot at turning around company culture. This is doubtful. This company is concerned with one thing, the bottom line. They are not concerned about their valuable employees. Seeing this ahead of time is impossible, maybe the only way to prevent others from my mistake is hopefully having this review out in the public eye.

Beware of your offer letter. They are notorious for telling you one thing and changing their mind about your hours and pay! The Hr department is confused and dishonest and the management follows suit. These people are not honest and all employees former and future should consider other alternatives to working at Acero Precision!

A small company with no room for advancement.

Pros

They let you setup machines and often adjust programs which helps you learn more about machining.

Cons

Bad management. They suddenly cancel annual reviews without explanation. They can't find anybody to work for them so they often force employees to do over time. Very high turnover.

Medium sized job shop.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Assistant in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

Lots of OT. Every other Saturday. Good place for someone with little experience, but be prepared to be thrown in the deep end and swim your way out. Also for a machine shop its EXTREMELY clean.

Cons

Always Hiring. High turnover of employees.

It was a very well put together atmosphere of production and employees.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Assistant in Newtown Square, PA

Pros

Excellent pay and an overall prosperous accumulation of growth.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about such a financially successful company.

Worked for Acero Precision? Contribute to the Community!