Acero Precision Reviews

1. work hard, gat paid hard

Current Employee - Leader
    Current Employee - Leader

I have been working at Acero Precision

Pros

Mgmt that is looking toward the future, ability to grow, new facilities under construction

Cons

Sometimes shifts can be demanding, but OT pay makes up for it

Advice to Management

Listen to what the masses say, not the 1-2 squeaky wheels

Not worth it

Former Employee - Machinist in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Machinist in West Chester, PA

I worked at Acero Precision

Pros

Get to learn manufacturing practices.

Cons

Management prevents you from moving up in the company, morale is down all around, overall stressful employment. Takes a lot for management to hear your voice, and by that time you are already fed up.

This company is a prime example of how not to treat employees

Former Employee - Assistant in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at Acero Precision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean environment. Many employees were very nice. Decent parking. Employees paid on time and checks didn't bounce. It's really hard to think of any Pros.

Cons

The owner is a bully who thinks the employees are the enemy. This company wins the prize for worst people I ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Employees are a valuable resource treat them as such.

Empty promises and insecure staff

Former Employee - Manufacturing Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Acero Precision

Pros

Unlimited overtime, very clean.

Cons

All about image on how things look from the outside. Morale is low, they will sell employees with false job descriptions and advancements. Treat employees as objects. Fake behaviors. Easily threatened management, and a revolving door of employees that will make your head spin. The owner acts as a dictator, and won't look at you face to face.

Advice to Management

Hire new COO, relax on the "image." You have hard times giving employees raises, but you're building a helicopter pad? Owner should sell company to someone who is motivated and cats about employees.

Terrible place to work!!

I worked at Acero Precision

Pros

The work force had some very nice people.

Cons

Outside of some nice fellow employees this whole place is a CON.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, hasn't worked for 25 years why change now. You will continue to be a revolving door for good knowledgeable workers, who will all be able to say that place blows.

7. Good company if it's a fit for you

Current Employee - Class I Machinist
    Current Employee - Class I Machinist

I have been working at Acero Precision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very clean and organized. Seems like they are heading in the right direction long-term with the expansion, even if it is kind of disorienting to be working through it now. Cell leaders are generally talented machinists/programmers and good managers. Good place to learn if you are just getting started, or to get time on more advanced programming with Mastercam, Solidworks, Fanuc or Mazatrol.

Cons

Like some have mentioned, can feel disorganized with the transition to the new building and expansion going on around you, but it really isn't a frequent problem. It's an up and coming company so the culture is different than some people are used to. Not a bad thing but some people have a hard time adjusting.

Advice to Management

Finish the new building

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Manufacturing Assistant in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Assistant in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at Acero Precision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of OT. Possibly a good start for someone with little experience. Very clean.

Cons

Management is disorganized, unresponsive, and fickle. Morale is permanently low. Rules and priorities change with the wind. Promises made in interviews vanish when you show up. Performance reviews are mostly theatrical ways explain why you wont get a raise. The pay is weak when compared to the industry but employees are gratified by the bountiful OT. Be flexible because the turnover/staffing issues will cause your work to be stretched. If you were hired with no previous experience you can expect that your bosses and coworkers to also have little experience. Even though this place looks nice, everything in the shop is not suited to task and/or the cheapest thing in the MSC catalog. Have you ever cut a titanium bar with a Home Depot circular saw? I have.

If you work there try not to stay too long because the culture and values you learn there will be a detriment at a more reputable employer.

Advice to Management

The shop is not run for the employees benefit. I have a strong feeling that the morale / turnover issues are simply a part of the business model.

Don't Do it , Worst decision I ever made !

I worked at Acero Precision

Pros

I didn't stay long enough to see any Pros . The few people I meet seem like good Hard working people , but they also seem to be very unhappy .

Cons

I realized two weeks into my employment that I made a Hugh mistake . I have worked in the manufacturing industry for over 20 years and I have never seen such unprofessionalism at the management level . The General Manager ( COO ) , works maybe 5 hours a day and has no leadership ability . The HR dept. Is ran by the president ( owner ) , that alone tells you all you need to know . During my short and forgettable time employed at Acero I did have chance to meet a few nice people , all with less than 2 years of employment , most of the employees are actively looking for new jobs . A very high rate of turnover , hundreds of people have gone thru that place .

Change your career before taking a job at Acero .

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees , they are people with families also . Stop the turnover and you might have a chance to be successful . Bring in a General Manager who knows how to run a company .

10. Exciting Place To Work

I have been working at Acero Precision part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge amounts of opportunity. If you have the right attitude you can learn how to do almost anything, and management will reward you for your hard work. Shop floor is very clean and organized, feels much healthier to work here than your average machine shop or factory. New expansion project is exciting, and It seems like the company will continue to do well in the future.

Cons

Not many, as long as you see work as an opportunity and not a problem. Things are a little hectic with the expansion but it is temporary.

Happy to be working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Acero Precision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was happy to find solid employment and the company has continued to grow during my time here. Treated well and most people are working pretty hard every day. Plans for new facility include many benefits most manufacturers don't have.

Cons

Not much, we are spread across 5 buildings so interaction is not that good there are people that I never see. We are trying to build up but things are taking longer than I would like.

Advice to Management

Do whatever it takes to get everyone together.