Achaogen

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Kenneth J. Hillan

Exciting work in a close knit company

ProsSmart employees, good teamwork, supportive of career development, pretty good work-life balance for most employees, good vacation/holiday time

ConsOccasionally work is under resourced

Had lots of promise

Research Associate (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsCompany is developing some great products that target a long under-innovated sector of the pharma industry. Small start-up culture with happy hours, day trips, and special company events

ConsCompany made a lot of cuts after I left so it's a former shell of what it used to be. I felt the company lacked a casual atmosphere that allows you to approach anyone and talk about non work-related chatter anytime.

Promising company but squandered by bad management

Scientist (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsGood work environment, cooperative group of employees, lots of enthusiasm to become successful.

ConsCompany started out with good people and science but inexperience lead to poor management decisions, often underestimation of work required to become successful, poor prospects for future now unless more financing can be obtained

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more realistic about what you can achieve with given resources.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contractors beware--don't accept a flat rate or be sure to define the scope of work

[Consultant] (Former Employee) South San Francisco, CA

ProsAchaogen is currently developing an aminoglycoside antibiotic that has a lot of potential, from a nonclinical perspective, to overcome multidrug resistance. For the sake of patients, I hope it pans out clinically.

ConsAchaogen will have you bid at a flat rate on a certain scope of work and then double to triple the work it takes to complete the project. And when you politely tell them that they are in danger of running over budget, they will cancel your contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect to get a mansion when you pay for a small house.

Worked for Achaogen? Contribute to the Community!