Achieve3000

Add Photos

Saki Dodelson

A great learning Experience

Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) Lakewood, NJ

ProsThe pay was fair, and the work was varied. I was able to develop different skillsets and meet many customers, virtually, who made me feel that our interactions were very valuable to them.

ConsThe company uses up their employees and spits them out as soon as they have that particular area of need resolved so that they can then hire "maintenance workers" for less money.

Excellent Opportunities, but Many Badly-Planned Processes

Prosgrowing company, exudes energy, lots to do and accomplish

ConsParts of the upper management wish to be involved in everything and therefore constrains workflows and processes that work better without their involvement. Not a strong sense of trust for employees' abilities to work independently.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in training for current employees, and guide them yourself as well, so that they can develop into capable, independent players. Don't stand over them the whole way through. You discourage growth that way.

The only career move I have ever regretted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product, niche in the market, company is heavily invested in product development, generous time off as company recognizes all Jewish holidays

ConsToxic environment. Seriously the most frustrating, unhealthy, stressful experience of my career. If you are thinking about working here, RUN!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company--growing in the digital market

ProsWonderful people; Customer focused--best customer service in my 15+ career in K-12 publishing

ConsGrowing company with a need for top-notch talent to support all projects

A discouraging and unhealthy place to work. Look elsewhere: there's a reason why they have so many open positions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lakewood, NJ

ProsGood niche product, but the company may have missed its opportunity to break out into the mainstream. Several other players now have similar products at much lower cost to customers.

ConsVirtually impossible to bring new ideas, methods, or creativity to the company. Unless it's pretty close to exactly what was done before, it will likely be squashed. Also, the company seems to have little interest in developing its talent, which may explain why there are so many open positions for such a relatively small organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry coming up with a single strategic plan and then stick to it. You also might have better luck retaining employees if you tried developing talent instead of disposing of it.

Entrenched employees/Takes effort to push for any change

ProsPassionate employees who are there to make a difference. Some departments are well run and collaborative. Product team is great and a well oiled machine. Speak to the Director of sales and you will feel empowered to change the world one kid at a time. Great training for new hire ensures all employees know the product and can work effectively from day one.

ConsSenior management prefers things done certain ways and change is slow and discouraged. Management team has a quick finger to fire if not meeting goals. (Easier if you're not senior level to survive). A bit of clickiness by employees and HR policies can come across as preferential treatment for those of Jewish faith. Many employees feel underpaid and overworked

Stop favoring employees

ProsCasual work attire, friendly colleagues, generous vacation time, flexible hours, can work from home (but only if you beg).

ConsCertain members of a religious community get highly preferential treatment, very rarely promote talent from within, upper management is full of micromanagers, resistant to change, raises are poor, and it's rare to get any type of coaching or feedback from supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote your talent. Appreciate your staff.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lakewood, NJ

ProsVery family oriented. Flexible hours, ability to work from home

ConsCompany culture can be a little hard to break into

Would be great if more opportunities for promotion were available

ProsFlexible work hours, great product, extremely talented staff, friendly colleagues

ConsLimited opportunities for upward mobility as they rarely promote from within, dysfunctional upper management, not enough recognition or opportunities for high achievers

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for high achievers within the company; stop pigeonholing employees into one role. Trust employees more and stop micromanaging.

Worked for Achieve3000? Contribute to the Community!