Achievers
www.achievers.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Achievers Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Patrick D. Quirk

Pros:
  • "Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly"
    in 9 reviews
  • "There is a very long list of things that make me love coming to work every day and these are just a few of them"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Its fast paced, constantly changing and constantly requires you to build while working vs just working"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsBeen here about a month and a half and already love it. Everyone here wants to be here and there is no clock watchers.

ConsLots of new upper management hires

Oct 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying being part of the Achievers family! Our employee base is full of dynamic, driven, and passionate people such as yourself who ... More

6 weeks in and confirming the org is as advertised.

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Proshigh energy vibe in a proven business with great opportunity for growth ahead

Constypical start-up growing pains, lack of maturity in some processes but this is all expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter 6 weeks, keep doing what you are doing.

Oct 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are definitely in an exciting stage of high growth! We have seen 80% growth over the past few years and plan to continue to build onto this. You are absolutely right ... More

Poor excuse for a company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsFree food like every other startup in SF.
Colleagues are nice and friendly, but you definitely have to make an effort to fit in with the team which means drinking the "kool-aid."

ConsThis company is a complete oxymoron. All they do is pitch employee engagement and recognition, yet I have never worked at a company with worse morale or turnover. The management team is all about telling you how great the company is, yet their actions do not support that. In my career, I have learned that a strong company consists of a strong leadership team who has the experience and vision to lead a company in the right direction, a product that works, and employees who are smarter than you. This company has none of that. Also, it is run more like a fraternity than a company, where culture is forced down your throat. Their "culture" is defined by spending 24 hours a day together, partying on the weekends, and not the shared values of the employees. Those who hang out with Razor are given preferential treatment and growth is not based on talent. Unfortunately, you don't realize how unhealthy the environment is until you leave. Given how much hiring is going on in tech these days, I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs.

Oct 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. Rest assured that when hiring our employees, we ensure that we see a fit within our culture. As we hold a strong cultural compass, you will find that many of ... More

Wish I'd trusted the bad feeling I had during the interview process.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsFree lunch, all-you-can-eat snacks and drinks, opportunities to choose your own rewards with points, a few great people, flexible schedule, amazing location.

ConsFor a company that specializes in engagement, I've rarely seen such a disengaged staff. Senior management hasn't the faintest clue what's going on, communication is dreadful, and the extreme emphasis on recognition leaves the unrecognized feeling awful. Few staff members are qualified for their jobs, although there are a few truly amazing standouts. You have to really drink the Kool-Aid to fit in here. When the in-crowd decides they don't like you, it's like Lord of the Flies.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Razor and find an actual CEO.

Oct 9, 2013

Incredible feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review. You will be happy to hear that employee retention has increased. Employee engagement survey results indicate an ... More

Don't be fooled

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFree food, Some great people, cool workspace.

ConsEGO city! You literally need to penetrate into one of the various cliques to have a chance at this company. The CEO thinks he running a fraternity and will literally say "YES" to anything potential customers ask. IPO will never happen here, best case they get bought, but senior management who claims to be well versed in IPO actually is not. Also, caution on any positive reviews as new hires are asked to fill out a glowing review in their first 30 days.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to employees, they are adults. Stop lying to customers and sell what you can deliver.

Oct 9, 2013

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback. To address your concerns in regards to the leadership team, you will be happy to hear that we have appointed Patrick D. Quirk as our President and ... More

Feel like I pledged the wrong frat and the pledge master is now hitting on my girlfriend

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is a feel-good product. Who doesn't like being recognized? Clients (initially) like us and the idea of what we do for them.
Free Food - lots of it.
If you are "in" that week, management may be generous with points (our currency) so you can buy yourself something nice (if overpriced) from our limited catalogue.
There are some very talented people here (caveat: they are not being utilized or recognized)
Events and PR are outstanding. I bought into the hype, and some of our clients/prospects do too. Seriously, we should be overpaying these teams b/c they do the best things at the company.

ConsSeriously wanted to love working here, but it just is NOT going to happen. This company touts itself as a serious software company, but it is just a social cult. If you don't like waking up on Monday wondering if management or the "cool" kids like you, then run.
Everyone talks about going public all the time (speaks to the lack of real business experience and maturity). Really? an IPO? There are very few people here that understand what that means.
We are not HQ'd in San Francisco. There is a presence in SF, but the leadership and direction come out of Toronto and those ideas are back in 1998 as far as how to compete and win in this space.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. Don't play favorites. Get a strategy to execute on what we commit to clients.
Take the time to appreciate the talents of your employees and quit listening to the advice/gossip of the inside few - too many good people who are incredibly talented have left or been asked to leave without anyone really investing them - the revolving door is incredibly expensive.

Oct 9, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. To help address your concern regarding our presence in San Francisco, we are headquartered there, however, we work hard to ensure a strong ... More

A professionally managed company

Human Resource (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI love working for Achievers because it is a professionally managed company that uses a professional approach to handle its blue chip customers HR and Financial consulting requests.

ConsLimited availability of high end training. Low to mid end training is provided

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you do best. Consulting in HR

one of the best achievers and well planned one

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Achievers as an intern for less than a year

Prosever increasing market revenue,
very good job prospect

Consu have to work very hard

Advice to Senior Managementalways ready for for work

Good place to work

Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office culture is relaxing and considered to be one of the best places i have ever worked.
Good benefits, friendly people and young colleagues.

ConsWork is boring, pays below average. If i have to choose again, I would rather go for other positions.....

Good

I have been working at Achievers

Prosgreat benefits, free lunch, good environment

Consnot much room for browth

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!

Achievers Videos

Achievers – Why Work for Us?

Mission and Vision Achievers’ mission is to Change the Way the World Works. Your employees are your company’s greatest asset; when you empower them to succeed, your business reaps the benefits. Achievers Software and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Achievers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Achievers CEO Patrick D. Quirk. All 62 reviews posted anonymously by Achievers employees.