Achievers

www.achievers.com

Achievers Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Patrick D. Quirk

Pros
  • Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly(in 11 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any growing company, the only constant is change(in 6 reviews)

• Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity(in 4 reviews)

Awesome company to work for!

(Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsI have worked for this company for approximately one year and having just come off our annual company retreat this past weekend, I am even more convinced at how amazing this organization is. The vision, mission, and focus are unlike anything I have seen at any other company I have worked for.

Achievers is a real thought leader and innovator in the HCM space. Getting a sneak peek at what Product is planning for the next year is incredible. Working with such brilliant minds on a daily basis is pretty fun, and working here has been equally rewarding and challenging (in a good way).

Achievers has found a way to hold onto its corporate culture and the little things that matter, while going through crazy growth year after year. There is a very long list of things that make me love coming to work every day and these are just a few of them.

ConsI can't think of any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support your employees, we are seeing many employee-focused programs delivered to help us benefit and grow.

An AMAZING company to work for, with a unique culture and the very best people.

User Experience/UI Designer (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- Great company culture
    - Amazing employees
    - Great benefits
    - Great employee perks
    - Good location
    - Overall a fun place to work where every day feels like you are making a difference

Cons- no cons to list

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Great Culture, Great Company

Software Developer (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThis company is dedicated employee success, and that starts from within. The culture and morale within the company is always sky high and makes you want to work hard for each other. They have given me everything I need to help me succeed and continue down my personal career path.

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the culture and excitement don't get left behind as the company grows!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An Ideal Coop Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAchievers offers everything a coop student could ask for. Amazing onboarding that teaches you about all aspects of the company, your department and its platform. Friendly, helpful and supportive fellow employees are everywhere you look. You receive consistent feedback from your mentor and leader, along with communication about what is going on in the company and how your work contributes to your departments success. Most importantly, you are given real work! there is no doing coffee runs or completing mindless tasks day-in and day-out. You are given real projects that will give you great experience to put on your resume (and that is what a coop is all about!). It you love a challenge and are adaptable to any situation, Achievers is a awesome place to work!

ConsI have not encountered any cons

An absolutely amazing journey

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsI have worked at Achievers for a little over a year and have loved every moment here. Co-workers slowly became friends and have now become more like family. Achievers clearly states that 9 to 5ers need not apply - the important thing to note here is that this isn't because they're slave drivers making you stay late but that the work is so rewarding and the environment so fun and comfortable that you'll seldom want to leave.
    I am proud to tell people I work for such an innovative, inspiring and truly unique company. You're either a culture fit here or you're not. The people here are all from different backgrounds, different cultures, different walks of life but one thing unites them: they want to change the way the world works. They're all passionate about what they do, they love sharing thoughts and ideas, they inspire each other and learn from their peers. My colleges here demonstrate the term "work hard, play hard" every single day.
    At Achievers I have come across some of the most brilliant people who have taught me the true meaning of loving your work and sharing your success. Everyone here is eager to help each other accomplish their goals and reach the epitome of their potential. Your peers will guide you, lead you, inspire you and motivate you. You won't have a dull moment here. Everyone has a whacky sense of humor and is not afraid of bringing their personalities to the forefront.
    Every single person is friendly and outgoing in their own way, everyone here genuinely cares for your success and well being - like I mentioned before, this place becomes like a second family. I could not be happier.

ConsThe salary isn't on par with industry standards (but the daily free breakfasts, tri-weekly free lunches and Friday drinks help ease that pain a little)
    There's been lots of additions to senior management and that's leading to a little uncertainty in terms of goals and the future of the company - having said that, this is a welcome change because that's one thing this company was previously criticized on (lack of senior management)

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have much to offer in terms of advice, I am currently very happy with the management team and wouldn't change a thing.

A solid opportunity with a connected company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsIt is professionally stimulating. You're given responsibilities here that you can grow into and develop with. In a normal company, I would have had to work for 2 more years to get the opportunities of growth that I'm getting right now. The whole working philosophy is to own what you do, and make it better. The way we work is challenging and stimulating - the only way I can work actually. There is an energy and connection to how the business is evolving and growing that keeps everyone motivated to do what they do.

Culturally, we are genuinely valued. Truly. We are taken care of with all of the perks and benefits the company literally foots the bill on. We feel comfortable in our work space, and constantly are asked for feedback on how we are feeling, what isn't working and how we can improve things based on how WE as an employee base feel. You just don't see that kind of practice in other companies.

ConsNo sugar-coating here: it can get overwhelming. The company works at a fast pace and we love our goals and metrics. This type of work is not for everybody (the job descriptions say "9 to 5ers need not apply").

Awesome Culture, Innovative & Fast-paced

ProsThis company truly fosters innovation by having a culture of diverse individuals working together to grow the company and themselves. The environment is full of A-Players full of dedication and passion towards their work. People live by the work hard play hard philosophy, so its as much fun as is it hard work. There is definitely good transparency throughout the company, building a more positive environment for staff than I've seen in other bureaucratic companies I've worked with in the past.

ConsWorking here often requires long[er] hours, although I do find that when staff work late they do so with pleasure.

Achievers Employee Success Representative responded to this review

Oct 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback. You are bang on! Our employees are passionate about their work and are committed to putting in their best efforts to Change the Way the World Works! Whether we ... More

good nd co-operative staff

Sales (Former Employee) Vadodara (India)

Prossuperiors nd co-workers are very kind in nature nd supportive

Consn a to this company to work in very good culture

Advice to Senior Managementlead followup is not strong

Amazing Company - Achievers

Member Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros- Amazing perks
    - Incredible people
    - Positive environment
    - Constant feedback

ConsNothing negative to say about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

The best company I have ever worked for!

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Culture
    Fantastic People
    Incredible Products
    Wonderful Benefits
    Exciting future

ConsNone that I can find yet!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture intact

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!