Achievers Reviews

Reset
3.8
Achievers President and CEO Eric Lochner
Eric Lochner

Pros
  • Great people and strong culture (in 12 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They are a growing company and a startup, so things will continue to be rapidly changing (in 6 reviews)

• Because things are constantly changing, much of the work is last-minute tasks with close deadlines (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Very exciting and lots of potential

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of the employees are very nice and willing to help. The company is growing fast so there is lots to do, and as a result I get to work with lots of different teams and get a glimpse into their worlds. At my last company, I was stuck in one job which got to be pretty boring pretty quickly. I like how much fun everyone seems to have. The new CEO seems to be a great cultural fit and has a great background. Love the team events.

Cons

I guess all companies have their pluses and minuses, but nothing really sticks out as a "con."

Advice to Management

This seems like a great market segment in which we can have a huge impact as a company. Let's grab as much market share as we can!

2. Achieve this...

Pros

Nice people, great offices in great locations.

Cons

Not the most organized place on the planet by any remote definition.

3. Fast-paced company with lots of excitement

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing and the leadership seems to care about the employees. The daily meetings are a great way to keep the company up to date, and most importantly sales are increasing steadily. Promotions and internal movement seem to be a regular thing. The medical and dental benefits are REALLY good. Everyone just seems to have a really good positive attitude which makes it easy to come into work everyday.

Cons

No matching 401K. Because it is an open area, it can get a bit noisy, but nothing that headsets won't take care of.

Advice to Management

Keep the growth coming and the emphasis on sales. Continue to foster internal growth and provide opportunities to advance within the company.

Great concept and awesome team

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaboration and employee success are at the heart of the company and high on management's priority. Employee and customer happiness is very important to Achievers

Cons

High management turnover is causing uncertainty and loss of valuable team members. This brings anxiety but also opportunity to the organization

Advice to Management

Stability and focus are necessary to bring the MOJO back to the team!

6. A company you want to be a part of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture. Fantastic, smart people. Growing company and exciting growth in industry. Very generous benefits. Amazing start at 4 week vacation. Promotes from within and focused on company values. A serious contender and leader in the recognition technology space.

Cons

Moves fast - not for everyone. A lot of change (if you consider it a con). Leadership has changed a few times recently - but decisions made to move things forward positively.

Advice to Management

Scale culture because of rapid growth

Fast-paced, fun start-up culture

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Achievers is a great place to work for a young person. Here are some listed pros: - Most people are very nice, positive and inclusive - Company CULTure is fantastic; there is always something to get involved in whether it be community service opportunities, yoga, or drinks to celebrate a teammate's birthday - Fully stocked bar - Free lunch every day ordered via Seamless - The work itself is fun and positive because the company sells a great product - Leaders are approachable and kind

Cons

While Achievers is a lot of fun, it's a lot of work too... - Work tends to pile up - it ain't a walk in the park to work here. - Not enough people for number of tasks and amount of work - Because things are constantly changing, much of the work is last-minute tasks with close deadlines - Pay isn't great - Work can be disorganized at times The biggest point here is, like previous comments mentioned, Achievers has a start-up culture... for better or for worse. It's a lot of fun, but you can't have too much fun because at the end of the day, you've got deadlines.

I love this company

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

coming from larger corporations, it's awesome to work for a company that is small enough to evolve quickly but large enough to offer you internal support (~250 ee's). Also, people really do "get it" here. Everyone understands that if our clients don't succeed, then we don't succeed. And everyone has a vested interest in our success...so you see people go the extra mile all the time.

Cons

if you are looking for the same thing every day....probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

keep your foot on the gas

Start Up Culture with New Exec Team

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

Fast paced workplace, that is leading the space for employee engagement. Achievers is full of smart people who are willing to do what needs to be done to make an impact.

Cons

New executive team seems disconnected to the vision of the company. A lot time is spent talking in circles instead of using existing employees as a knowledge center.

Advice to Management

Don't loose touch with where the company was going before you got here, empower us don't micro manage us.

Achievers Response

Jun 10, 2014 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. You’re right! As a high growth software company, things move quickly around here and we need awesome employees like you to ... More

Great product, company culture and opportunity

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great team culture at Achievers, which starts with every employee having an understanding of what each department is responsible for. It is also fostered by senior leadership being very transparent about the company's goals and our progress towards achieving them.

Cons

As with any growing company, the only constant is change. So be prepared to roll with the changes - good or bad.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with everyone and asking for feedback. It will be important to try to keep the same team culture as the company grows.

Pretty exciting place to work

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Super helpful environment. The product and senior leadership are both solid.

Cons

No set career path, or it is always in flux. They are a growing company and a startup, so things will continue to be rapidly changing. The pay is near the top of the range for my position, but it isn't the very best.

RSS Feed </> Embed