Achievers

Updated October 6, 2014
4.2

Achievers President and Chief Executive Officer Patrick D. Quirk
Patrick D. Quirk

Pros
  • Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly (in 11 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any growing company, the only constant is change (in 6 reviews)

• Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work with lots of opportunity to try new things

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

Having been here for a while I can honestly say this is the best place that I have ever worked. The growth has allowed me to constantly learn new things and try out roles that I would have never had the chance to try out. The culture of this place is second to none. It is a 'work hard, play hard' culture. While every company says they only hire A' players this place has some of the smartest people I have had the pleasure to work with. Overall the future is very bright for Achievers.

Cons

While Achievers does a great job at recognition, constructive feedback is few and far between. While the Employee Success team (our version of HR) tries to improve things, management seems to ignore all efforts to improve. The executive team does a poor job of setting goals and holding people accountable for their commitments. This causes a bit of friction between departments that are achieving their objectives and those that aren't.

Great place to work hard and play hard!

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of perks and huge culture here. The opportunity to work with smart people and learn a ton. Great environment if you like to get things done - do it! You'll be rewarded.

Best decision I made accepting a job here!

Cons

If being proactive and moving quickly isn't your jam, Achievers is not for you. You need to be able to accept change and embrace it! No 9-5ers means exactly that!

Continue being transparent with your team - we love it. Keep having fun!

Amazing Culture / High-growth Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been here for about a year, and this company has the best corporate culture and positive energy that I've experienced in my 12-year career, by far. Everyone has been very welcoming and eager to share information as opposed to "hoarding" data for their own self-benefit. Out of work activities are fun, as are the activities that actually occur during work hours, lunch breaks, and at the end of the work day at the office. Love the yoga.

The people are great, the product is very easy to "get behind" and the company's growth potential in the industry segment is huge.

Cons

As with most high-growth companies with whom I've been employed, there are some minor growing pains ... like the parking benefits in SF could be better.

Amazing internship experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I truly enjoy coming to work everyday! Achievers has a positive, upbeat and super friendly environment that made me feel at home almost immediately. As an intern, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I am learning extremely useful skills and building my resume daily. (No coffee runs for this internship!) I have been challenged with projects, and even get to interact with higher level management (VP level). On Friday afternoons there is social drinking in the office which has allowed me to get to know co-workers from different departments. As if that wasn't enough- you also get free lunch everyday, which was a huge bonus in my book. I am gaining amazing experience at a growing company. Can't stop bragging about how great my internship is!

Cons

If you don't like being social or meeting new people you would probably not do well in this environment. Also, things are always changing so adaptability is a must!

None

I love this company

I have been working at Achievers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

coming from larger corporations, it's awesome to work for a company that is small enough to evolve quickly but large enough to offer you internal support (~250 ee's). Also, people really do "get it" here. Everyone understands that if our clients don't succeed, then we don't succeed. And everyone has a vested interest in our success...so you see people go the extra mile all the time.

Cons

if you are looking for the same thing every day....probably not the place for you.

keep your foot on the gas

Great product, company culture and opportunity

I have been working at Achievers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a great team culture at Achievers, which starts with every employee having an understanding of what each department is responsible for. It is also fostered by senior leadership being very transparent about the company's goals and our progress towards achieving them.

Cons

As with any growing company, the only constant is change. So be prepared to roll with the changes - good or bad.

Keep communicating with everyone and asking for feedback. It will be important to try to keep the same team culture as the company grows.

You are actually valued.

Current Employee - Member Experience Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Member Experience Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The staff is amazing, the work is challenging and the culture is to die for. The work is constant and the time goes by extremely fast.

Cons

It's easy to fall behind quick if you get nailed with a few hard cases in a day, bringing your overall score for the quarter down drastically, just because of bad luck, not bad performance. Also work-life balance is tough because hours range differently every day.

They pay for a part of your cell phone bill, offer a decent benefits plan, buy you a new phone every two years, pay for a portion of your gym membership, discounted metro-passes, you can dress professionally or casual, free breakfast everyday, free lunch 3 days a week, free dinner 1 day a week. Many retreats and work parties, great place to make friends, their recruiting staff is amazing.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Incredibly friendly team
    Every work day is different
    Huge emphasis on results
    Constantly changing and growing company

Cons

Inter-department communication sometimes suffers due to speed of work
    Work loads can grow extremely quickly
    Interview process can drag at times

Keep up the good work. There seems to be a push in recent months to increase transparency and top-down communication - this is a good thing, and should continue to grow.

Best Place to work

I have been working at Achievers

Pros

Super friendly environment. One of the best place that you can work so closely with your Manager and your vote count.

Cons

The location is far, wish it was in hearth of downtown in Toronto

Engaging Environment!

I have been working at Achievers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Achievers is a fast-paced and high energy environment. It’s not for everyone, but for those who thrive in this type of atmosphere, its top notch. Working alongside of other intelligent, ambitious and passionate people is the highlight of this job. The people here work hard and love what they do.

Cons

If you can’t keep up, you’ll sink quickly. Fortunately, most people who get hired here are good swimmers.