Achievers
www.achievers.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Achievers Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Patrick D. Quirk

Pros:
  • "Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly"
    in 11 reviews
  • "There is a very long list of things that make me love coming to work every day and these are just a few of them"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "As with any growing company, the only constant is change"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Amazing internship experience!

San Francisco, CA

ProsI truly enjoy coming to work everyday! Achievers has a positive, upbeat and super friendly environment that made me feel at home almost immediately. As an intern, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I am learning extremely useful skills and building my resume daily. (No coffee runs for this internship!) I have been challenged with projects, and even get to interact with higher level management (VP level). On Friday afternoons there is social drinking in the office which has allowed me to get to know co-workers from different departments. As if that wasn't enough- you also get free lunch everyday, which was a huge bonus in my book. I am gaining amazing experience at a growing company. Can't stop bragging about how great my internship is!

ConsIf you don't like being social or meeting new people you would probably not do well in this environment. Also, things are always changing so adaptability is a must!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

I love this company

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Proscoming from larger corporations, it's awesome to work for a company that is small enough to evolve quickly but large enough to offer you internal support (~250 ee's). Also, people really do "get it" here. Everyone understands that if our clients don't succeed, then we don't succeed. And everyone has a vested interest in our success...so you see people go the extra mile all the time.

Consif you are looking for the same thing every day....probably not the place for you.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your foot on the gas

Great product, company culture and opportunity

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a great team culture at Achievers, which starts with every employee having an understanding of what each department is responsible for. It is also fostered by senior leadership being very transparent about the company's goals and our progress towards achieving them.

ConsAs with any growing company, the only constant is change. So be prepared to roll with the changes - good or bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating with everyone and asking for feedback. It will be important to try to keep the same team culture as the company grows.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You are actually valued.

Member Experience Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe staff is amazing, the work is challenging and the culture is to die for. The work is constant and the time goes by extremely fast.

ConsIt's easy to fall behind quick if you get nailed with a few hard cases in a day, bringing your overall score for the quarter down drastically, just because of bad luck, not bad performance. Also work-life balance is tough because hours range differently every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey pay for a part of your cell phone bill, offer a decent benefits plan, buy you a new phone every two years, pay for a portion of your gym membership, discounted metro-passes, you can dress professionally or casual, free breakfast everyday, free lunch 3 days a week, free dinner 1 day a week. Many retreats and work parties, great place to make friends, their recruiting staff is amazing.

Great place to work!

ProsIncredibly friendly team
    Every work day is different
    Huge emphasis on results
    Constantly changing and growing company

ConsInter-department communication sometimes suffers due to speed of work
    Work loads can grow extremely quickly
    Interview process can drag at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. There seems to be a push in recent months to increase transparency and top-down communication - this is a good thing, and should continue to grow.

Best Place to work

ProsSuper friendly environment. One of the best place that you can work so closely with your Manager and your vote count.

ConsThe location is far, wish it was in hearth of downtown in Toronto

Engaging Environment!

ProsAchievers is a fast-paced and high energy environment. It’s not for everyone, but for those who thrive in this type of atmosphere, its top notch. Working alongside of other intelligent, ambitious and passionate people is the highlight of this job. The people here work hard and love what they do.

ConsIf you can’t keep up, you’ll sink quickly. Fortunately, most people who get hired here are good swimmers.

Achievers - CULTure of L.O.V.E

MD EMEA (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsAchievers is about Employees and they live there values in every way. Providing Employee Success Platforms to help ompanies create a culture of Engagment and Aligning Employees with the company values using Social and recognition to drive that alignment. I have never experienced a company with such a strong culture and a buzz that many others can only crave

ConsNone to my mind, it's a small and rapidly growing company and with that remaining agile is one of its key differentiators in the market

A-Players come here to thrive

ProsChallenging work
    Perks like free lunch, flexible work hours, smartphone allowance
    Self-directed career growth
    Great people and strong culture
    Opportunity to work on what you are passionate about and contribute to success of a revolutionary product
    Team atmosphere

ConsCommunication between departments could be better at times, but this is understandable given the pace at which we operate and is no different from any other company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on employees and their development.

Great culture, great people, great company.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsExecs and managers care about employees and the employees care about doing good work.

ConsWork life balance can get out of control if you are not careful.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!

Achievers Videos

Achievers – Why Work for Us?

Mission and Vision Achievers’ mission is to Change the Way the World Works. Your employees are your company’s greatest asset; when you empower them to succeed, your business reaps the benefits. Achievers Software and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Achievers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Achievers CEO Patrick D. Quirk. All 75 reviews posted anonymously by Achievers employees.