Achievers
www.achievers.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Achievers Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Patrick D. Quirk

Pros:
  • "Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Great location, lots of potential for interesting work, free lunch daily"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Its fast paced, constantly changing and constantly requires you to build while working vs just working"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work

Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsThe office culture is relaxing and considered to be one of the best places i have ever worked.
Good benefits, friendly people and young colleagues.

ConsWork is boring, pays below average. If i have to choose again, I would rather go for other positions.....

Good

I have been working at Achievers

Prosgreat benefits, free lunch, good environment

Consnot much room for browth

Great culture, great people, great company.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExecs and managers care about employees and the employees care about doing good work.

ConsWork life balance can get out of control if you are not careful.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing.

Interesting how positive reviews come in Bulk?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Achievers

ProsFood and drink options are good. There can be an element of fun there as long as Senior Management likes you.

ConsCompany has a High School feel to it, either your "in", or you are uncomfortable. Employees are asked (especially when they first start) to write positive reviews on Glass Door, thus the bulk reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people the freedom to take time out without guilt. Family is important to some people.

New leadership, great people undeniable future.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsI've been fortunate to have been apart of some great growth companies in the past. This company and opportunity has me the most excited than I have been in the past 10 years. The people are great. Everyone is here to help. No politics. The new leadership team is fantastic and the moves have been brilliant. They are technology pros, no question. It's the only company I know of addressing an existing 46 billion dollar market that has not yet been addressed properly by a SaaS platform. It's also backed by Sequoia, which brings the heat. The leadership team and the board are just flat out winners.

Cons1) Old glassdoor reviews from people that were stuck in the awkward teenage phase of the company... all companies go through it in rapid growth, some employees handle it better than others to see it through to the other side. 2) I think everyone has seen enough success in the last 3 to 6 months with the new leadership team that any doubters have stopped doubting, but there still might be some people in the culture with a bit of a memory hangover from those awkward teenage days. They need to get right quick.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Believe in and invest in the folks that really want to see this company be something amazing, which you already are.

My first 3 months have been amazing!

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Product - Software that is just a bit ahead of the market allows us to drive vision and value.
Great Leaders - Experience leadership demonstrates how to manage and grow a business
Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly.
Great Visionary - Razor, is the inspiration both internally with employees as well as externally with clients.
Amazing Culture - Everyone has everyone else's back. All pulling on the same side of the rope.
Income opportunity is there too..

Cons-Achievers is still a relatively young company so there are operational issues that are still being addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the culture & continue to take care of the customers.

Amazing team-oriented company that knows their biggest asset is their employees.

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

ProsYoung and vibrant company where people come to work excited, positive and ready to work. We celebrate our company's success as a team and everyone is encouraged to push the boundaries and grow into the career that they want. Transparency is a necessity and everyone in the company always knows what's going on and where we're going.

ConsAny rapidly growing software company will say the same thing but we've recently had a large number of executives join recently who don't necessarily embrace the culture in the same way we have in the past. Not to say that they don't embrace it because they do but Achievers traditions are very special and important and sometimes higher executives don't necessarily see it as a priority.

Fast paced, customer and employee focused!

Client Success Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAt Achievers, we understand that it is our employees that make us so successful. We are constantly growing, and adapting to that growth, but through that what has remained constant is the value that is placed on making employees feel like their hard work is valued and will be acknowledged. When our employees meet targets and deliver on customer expectations there is a significant amount of public praise that is placed on those employees. On top of performance based recognition incentives, we have a generous benefit package, which includes fitness subsidies, in office lunch, 4 paid volunteer days per year. On top of that, our leaders are not elitist, everyone is given an opportunity to reach out to leaders to give feedback, ask questions, and ask for help.

ConsThere is never a slow moment here, so if you are someone who prefers to coast along, this gig is not for you. as we strive to become more scalable, our processes our constantly changing, so you can never fully adapt before it is going to change again.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give opportunities to existing employees to grow, rather than always going outside to hire.

Great technology and team, lots of opportunity for growth

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat culture, experienced leadership, the HR technology space is hot and being the #1 provider in the industry means Achievers is poised to take off.

ConsThis may or may not be a con, but things move fast around here and are changing everyday. You must be agile and adapt to meet the large opportunity Achievers is chasing.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work towards growing and training the talent you have so employees stay excited about advancement opportunities within the company.

A fast-paced, high-growth company that provides great opportunities for employees.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAchievers promotes from within. As such, the company helps true A-Players grow in their role and offer great career support and mentoring. The leadership team is approachable and allow employees' voices to be heard. The culture is upbeat, fast-paced, and high-energy.

ConsWorking at Achievers can sometimes be exhausting - long hours, tight deadlines, and mountains of work - but the reward and outcome is worth it. Achievers has a sink-or-swim culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to help employees grow!

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!

Achievers Videos

Achievers – Why Work for Us?

Mission and Vision Achievers’ mission is to Change the Way the World Works. Your employees are your company’s greatest asset; when you empower them to succeed, your business reaps the benefits. Achievers Software and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Achievers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Achievers CEO Patrick D. Quirk. All 62 reviews posted anonymously by Achievers employees.