Achievers Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

A Place to Enjoy Going to Work Everyday

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the Company for 9 months now. When I started it seemed like it was too good to be true, I assumed that once I was settled then reality would set in and the energy and work environment would become just like any other work place. Nine months later this is not the case. I still enjoy going to work everyday, Sunday's are no longer miserable because Monday is just around the corner.

The Leadership truly cares about their employees. They not only care about their employees today but also where their employees want to go and their career growth. Another pro is the balance of work/personal life. We work hard and things move extremely fast but we are always encouraged to maintain what is important to us in our personal lives.

Cons

Like the other reviews have said, there is the occasional craziness related to any start up. This has significantly improved within the past month or so due to some key leaders joining the company.

Fast paced, customer and employee focused!

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Achievers, we understand that it is our employees that make us so successful. We are constantly growing, and adapting to that growth, but through that what has remained constant is the value that is placed on making employees feel like their hard work is valued and will be acknowledged. When our employees meet targets and deliver on customer expectations there is a significant amount of public praise that is placed on those employees. On top of performance based recognition incentives, we have a generous benefit package, which includes fitness subsidies, in office lunch, 4 paid volunteer days per year. On top of that, our leaders are not elitist, everyone is given an opportunity to reach out to leaders to give feedback, ask questions, and ask for help.

Cons

There is never a slow moment here, so if you are someone who prefers to coast along, this gig is not for you. as we strive to become more scalable, our processes our constantly changing, so you can never fully adapt before it is going to change again.

Advice to Management

Continue to give opportunities to existing employees to grow, rather than always going outside to hire.

Great technology and team, lots of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, experienced leadership, the HR technology space is hot and being the #1 provider in the industry means Achievers is poised to take off.

Cons

This may or may not be a con, but things move fast around here and are changing everyday. You must be agile and adapt to meet the large opportunity Achievers is chasing.

Advice to Management

Continue to work towards growing and training the talent you have so employees stay excited about advancement opportunities within the company.

Amazing team-oriented company that knows their biggest asset is their employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young and vibrant company where people come to work excited, positive and ready to work. We celebrate our company's success as a team and everyone is encouraged to push the boundaries and grow into the career that they want. Transparency is a necessity and everyone in the company always knows what's going on and where we're going.

Cons

Any rapidly growing software company will say the same thing but we've recently had a large number of executives join recently who don't necessarily embrace the culture in the same way we have in the past. Not to say that they don't embrace it because they do but Achievers traditions are very special and important and sometimes higher executives don't necessarily see it as a priority.

My first 3 months have been amazing!

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Product - Software that is just a bit ahead of the market allows us to drive vision and value.
    Great Leaders - Experience leadership demonstrates how to manage and grow a business
    Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly.
    Great Visionary - Razor, is the inspiration both internally with employees as well as externally with clients.
    Amazing Culture - Everyone has everyone else's back. All pulling on the same side of the rope.
    Income opportunity is there too..

Cons

-Achievers is still a relatively young company so there are operational issues that are still being addressed.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture & continue to take care of the customers.

New leadership, great people undeniable future.

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been fortunate to have been apart of some great growth companies in the past. This company and opportunity has me the most excited than I have been in the past 10 years. The people are great. Everyone is here to help. No politics. The new leadership team is fantastic and the moves have been brilliant. They are technology pros, no question. It's the only company I know of addressing an existing 46 billion dollar market that has not yet been addressed properly by a SaaS platform. It's also backed by Sequoia, which brings the heat. The leadership team and the board are just flat out winners.

Cons

1) Old glassdoor reviews from people that were stuck in the awkward teenage phase of the company... all companies go through it in rapid growth, some employees handle it better than others to see it through to the other side. 2) I think everyone has seen enough success in the last 3 to 6 months with the new leadership team that any doubters have stopped doubting, but there still might be some people in the culture with a bit of a memory hangover from those awkward teenage days. They need to get right quick.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Believe in and invest in the folks that really want to see this company be something amazing, which you already are.

Great company, great market, great leadership team

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, the product and value proposition is awesome - our job is literally to create programs that make people happier about their job on a day to day basis. I've worked for plenty of software companies and never had such a great mission to work towards.

Also, the overall energy and culture is great. People care about each other, work hard, have fun and communicate well. I haven't noticed any of the "cliques" that other reviews seem to talk about, maybe that's just based on my group and location but everything I see is pretty awesome.

Our new leadership (CEO, CMO, SVP of Product, Chairman of Board, CRO) is world class, and is pushing us in a great overall direction. We've had good success to date in the market and we're just scratching the surface of the opportunity, so the upside right now feels pretty tremendous.

Also, as a married person with a kid, it's refreshing to find a company with all the intensity of a start-up which doesn't somehow assume I'm going to be at work 12 hours a day. I put in a solid day, work really hard, answer a few emails when needed from home - and work life balance is very easy to attain without feeling I'm not "making the grade."

Sure, there's typical "fast growing company" pains - sometimes things are a little hectic, communication is always evolving, etc. - but that's to be expected and everyone is earnestly trying to do the right thing so it's easy to do the same.

Cons

It being a fast growing company, there's always a new person or new initiative to accommodate. It's a fast paced environment, and if you don't like that or want something less exciting and less challenging, I would see that as a drawback.

Sometimes communication between groups can be less than perfect as we navigation a two office structure (SF & Toronto), but that's improving every day.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to grow the company while keeping the culture, emphasize inclusiveness and merit-based rewards, and grow, grow, grow!

Overall a pretty disappointing experience

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location, lots of potential for interesting work, free lunch daily.

The corporate messaging around employee engagement that gets you in the door is also reflected in their marketing, which makes you feel good about coming onboard.

Cons

Remember that great messaging around employee engagement? It's all show, at least in some key departments. Like the one churning out all that messaging which has to be one of the least engaged and least empowered teams I've ever worked with.

Senior leaders with poor people management skills somehow still advance up the corporate ladder, and are allowed to micromanage their often more experienced/competent staff. Isn't the point of hiring more experienced professionals that they can take ownership and drive results?

Although San Francisco is the headquarters, and where they've added on a large number of leadership hires in a few short months (CEO, CMO, CRO, a departed CHRO), most of the employees are in Toronto. Expect frequent travel to/from Toronto if you want to stay in the loop.

I came here thinking I'd have the opportunity to do some of the best work of my career. Instead, it has been incredibly disappointing.

Advice to Management

Either get training for your inexperienced managers who've been promoted beyond their abilities, or find them an independent contributor role before they drive out more capable employees.

You've hired some amazing A-players -- don't squander their talents!

Interesting how positive reviews come in Bulk?

I worked at Achievers

Pros

Food and drink options are good. There can be an element of fun there as long as Senior Management likes you.

Cons

Company has a High School feel to it, either your "in", or you are uncomfortable. Employees are asked (especially when they first start) to write positive reviews on Glass Door, thus the bulk reviews.

Advice to Management

Allow people the freedom to take time out without guilt. Family is important to some people.

Be wary, unless your title starts with a "C"

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros

You will get to work with a lot of smart people. There are some nice benefits, including using their own product. Lots of branded swag, if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

Favoritism and nepotism abound! Senior hires have brought along coworkers from previous organizations who don't go through the interview process, and end up as overpaid waste. More tenured leaders are too scared to stand up to the new hires & get walked all over. Culture is seriously failing, at a company about building culture!

All those smart people I mentioned in my Pros -- they are smart, but unless they are someone's favorite, their ideas and suggestions will be ignored. So much amazing talent is going to waste at Achievers because not everyone is in the 'inner circle'.

The employees are motivated by fear, and not by passion. (Hence all the good reviews on here are only from current employees who are scared to say otherwise. Same goes for me -- I was too scared to write my review until after I left.)

Advice to Management

To the tenured senior management -- stand up for yourselves, and your employees! The recent senior hires are bringing moral and productivity down.

To the newer senior management -- check your ego at the door. If you need an executive assistant or first class flights, go work for a Fortune500 organization. Your ego is only making this company worse.

RSS Feed </> Embed