Achievers Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great culture, fast paced environment.

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

Culture Work life balance People Office space Tons of autonomy

Cons

Compensation Feedback Defined career growth/path Lack of cohesion at exec level Benefits do not seem to adapt to changing workforce

2. Great culture and fast-paced environment

I have been working at Achievers

Pros

Achievers' is a fast paced organization, there's no shortage of things to do and things are constantly moving. Amazing culture, great workplace environment and great people.

Cons

Definitely not for 9-5ers, professional development opportunities are a work in progress.

3. Great Place to Work Overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Freedom to do my job without being micro managed - Nice to be part of a growing company - Good perks and great office locations

Cons

- Compensation could be better (RRSP matching, Bonuses, ESOP) - There is a lot of "me too" attitude - Inter-departmental communication can be improved

Advice to Management

- Adjust the compensation plan to match the needs of an older employee base (RRSP Matching please!) - Get the Executive Team aligned and stop putting department needs above company needs.

Low salary with no budget movement for employee compensation.

Current Employee - Member Experience in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Member Experience in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture with amazing people.

Cons

Horrible salary, no improvement potential for hires coming out of university, hierarchical organization with a lot of income inequality.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a structure in place for pay raises, and more transparency in regards to income for the departments. They are paid horribly, are rarely given opportunities for advancement and these departments barely stay engaged with the company. This causes quick turnover rate for their positions and low scores/ratings for this department. For being an HR software company that promotes employee engagement, it should be noted that salary and compensation is also very important when it comes to employee engagement and work ethic.

Achievers Response

Sep 24, 2014 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the culture at Achievers and we couldn’t agree more, our people are simply awesome ... More

Start Up Culture figuring out how to be a tech company

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are friendly, office locations are amazing, the market is in the middle of being disrupted. The board is also packed with experience.

Cons

Below avg salaries, mediocre perks, everybody thinks they are the best and brightest which is a bi-product of the recognition space we are in.

Advice to Management

Raise the talent bar and decide on being a software company or not.

7. Great place to work hard and play hard!

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of perks and huge culture here. The opportunity to work with smart people and learn a ton. Great environment if you like to get things done - do it! You'll be rewarded. Best decision I made accepting a job here!

Cons

If being proactive and moving quickly isn't your jam, Achievers is not for you. You need to be able to accept change and embrace it! No 9-5ers means exactly that!

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent with your team - we love it. Keep having fun!

Pure hypocrisy

I worked at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

salary is paid on time

Cons

their culture is pure hypocrisy. They make you work 10+ hours a day without overtime pay, and they give you recognition of what, $5 worth? and they kept saying how amazing their recognition program is. Yes they have celebration events but they are cheap and rarely happen. my manager, however, come at 9, leave at 5, sometimes 3 pm. and would chat with us from instant messengers just to see if you are still in the office working overtime. the leaders all seem to care about you, but they only want to make sure you are working like a slave. no promotion whatsoever after years of my extremely hard work. no appreciation of talents. They honestly think they are the best and you owe them a lot. If you ever leave the company, they will feel you abandoned them and will not like you anymore. They will ignore how hard you have been working for them and will even make up stories to insult you. I heard enough of them trash talking those who left. Now since I'm gone, I heard from my co-workers that my manager still often said awful things about me and said to give bad reference if I applied for any future jobs. If you complain, they will tag you as "not a good cultural fit" and they will let you go. The leaders hold 1-on-1 meetings with employees regularly for you to give suggestions with an open heart but it's all fake, in fact if you complain anything, they will remember you by heart and will almost guarantee your miserable future. oh there is one VP who loves stalking on people's facebook and constantly make fun of everyone, telling awkward jokes and we have to laugh and pretend to be happy. I feel sorry for him being so unprofessional without knowing his team actually hates him. almost all of my previous teammates have left, and the rest are thinking about leaving soon. They are smart and I'm sure they will have a better life than those who stay.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

very limited growth opportunities

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of vacation days Free breakfast and lunch in office Good place for a junior level employee

Cons

-Very low pay and nobody cares to discuss it as the managers will just tell you how great their benefits are (the benefits are just average in fact) -Nepotism: tends to hire Board of Directors' relatives -Boring work and very limited growth opportunities, doing the same repetitive things for 2+ years even if they kept telling me how much they encourage employee growth -Lots of long and meaningless meetings which nobody seems to care -Recognition is mostly on peer basis and it is rarely given to those who don't work very interactively with others -Very long hours and no overtime pay -Celebration events are boring and are mostly shows for clients -Corporate culture feels more like a cult. They force people to engage in things they are not interested in -Also, they very intentionally encourage their employees to write positive reviews here

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employee's talents or they will just leave. It is just a moderate company and nobody has to stay here.

Achievers Response

Jun 4, 2014 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re happy to hear your thoughts on vacation and our breakfast and lunch perks. It’s important that we help provide the fuel for our employees to ... More

You are actually valued.

Current Employee - Member Experience Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Member Experience Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is amazing, the work is challenging and the culture is to die for. The work is constant and the time goes by extremely fast.

Cons

It's easy to fall behind quick if you get nailed with a few hard cases in a day, bringing your overall score for the quarter down drastically, just because of bad luck, not bad performance. Also work-life balance is tough because hours range differently every day.

Advice to Management

They pay for a part of your cell phone bill, offer a decent benefits plan, buy you a new phone every two years, pay for a portion of your gym membership, discounted metro-passes, you can dress professionally or casual, free breakfast everyday, free lunch 3 days a week, free dinner 1 day a week. Many retreats and work parties, great place to make friends, their recruiting staff is amazing.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly friendly team Every work day is different Huge emphasis on results Constantly changing and growing company

Cons

Inter-department communication sometimes suffers due to speed of work Work loads can grow extremely quickly Interview process can drag at times

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. There seems to be a push in recent months to increase transparency and top-down communication - this is a good thing, and should continue to grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed