Achievers

Updated August 19, 2014

4.2

Achievers President and Chief Executive Officer Patrick D. Quirk
Patrick D. Quirk

Pros
  • Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly (in 11 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any growing company, the only constant is change (in 6 reviews)

• Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Dream Job at a Dream Company

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People are amazing, approachable and hardworking!
    - Work hard and party hard!
    - Amazing opportunities!
    - Creating industry leading software

Cons

- Long hours and demanding clients

Keep listening to your lower level employees and ensure that everyone's opinions are herd and respected.

One of the healthiest work environments I've witnessed, or been a part of.

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

A company with great people and positive attitudes. It's easy to work in a place where everyone believes in the company's purpose. They work hard to really ensure they know how employees are feeling.

Cons

I worry about the scalability of the company culture as the company is growign so quickly.

Here for the long haul

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Where do I start? I have been with this company for many years now. I have seen it through all its success and growth and am excited about its future growth.

The reasons I work here are the following:
    - the people! We hire smart, driven, passionate, innovative, self aware individuals. People who not only are passionate about their careers but passionate about how their careers impact our growth. Its so energizing to work along side of these people daily.
    - I add an accomplishment bullet to my resume every quarter. Career growth is here, and its here in spades. If you know how to take your career into your own hands and deliver great work then its only a matter of time before a business need presents itself for further growth.
    - Impact: the work I do daily impacts the organization. Big organizations have their own perks too like process and best practices but at Achievers we are building those as we go and everyone has the ability to leave their mark here.
    - culture: we find great ways to have fun at work. Between First Round Fridays and awards ceremonies quarterly, company retreats two times a year and so much more, we genuinely have a great time here and often!

Cons

High growth companies are not for the faint of heart. Its fast paced, constantly changing and constantly requires you to build while working vs just working. Although I think this is the best part about joining a high growth business, I can appreciate that it isn't the environment for everyone to be successful in.

The company is growing up daily. As someone who saw it at its infancy stage, its incredible to see how much it has changed and shaped into this incredible business. This really should be in the pros section but I think for some older employees they miss the "good'ol days". Its an incredible opportunity to watch anything grow and transform, I think anyone who has the opportunity to get involved in this type of business is lucky.

Do everything you can to keep the culture scaling as the business grows. You're doing a great job and there is something great here to hold onto.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive Buzz

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Achievers is one of the best orgs I have ever worked for. Everyone at the company works together collaboratively, leadership entrusts their teams and provides them opportunity to innovate and make a real contribution to the company. Recent additions to leadership team seem to have done great things for employee morale (not that it was ever low - every company has peaks and lower points), however, seen and heard a lot of very positive buzz around the future outlook for the company. Growth is happening at a rapid pace, many new faces and clients joining the family. Have seen this company expand and evolve over the past year and half. Looking forward to what is still to come.

Cons

Cannot think of a con.

Keep growth going - continue providing support to employees to sustain growth.

Awesome company to work for!

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for this company for approximately one year and having just come off our annual company retreat this past weekend, I am even more convinced at how amazing this organization is. The vision, mission, and focus are unlike anything I have seen at any other company I have worked for.

Achievers is a real thought leader and innovator in the HCM space. Getting a sneak peek at what Product is planning for the next year is incredible. Working with such brilliant minds on a daily basis is pretty fun, and working here has been equally rewarding and challenging (in a good way).

Achievers has found a way to hold onto its corporate culture and the little things that matter, while going through crazy growth year after year. There is a very long list of things that make me love coming to work every day and these are just a few of them.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Continue to support your employees, we are seeing many employee-focused programs delivered to help us benefit and grow.

Great Culture, Great Company

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is dedicated employee success, and that starts from within. The culture and morale within the company is always sky high and makes you want to work hard for each other. They have given me everything I need to help me succeed and continue down my personal career path.

Cons

None that I can think of

Make sure the culture and excitement don't get left behind as the company grows!

An Ideal Coop Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Achievers offers everything a coop student could ask for. Amazing onboarding that teaches you about all aspects of the company, your department and its platform. Friendly, helpful and supportive fellow employees are everywhere you look. You receive consistent feedback from your mentor and leader, along with communication about what is going on in the company and how your work contributes to your departments success. Most importantly, you are given real work! there is no doing coffee runs or completing mindless tasks day-in and day-out. You are given real projects that will give you great experience to put on your resume (and that is what a coop is all about!). It you love a challenge and are adaptable to any situation, Achievers is a awesome place to work!

Cons

I have not encountered any cons

An absolutely amazing journey

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Achievers for a little over a year and have loved every moment here. Co-workers slowly became friends and have now become more like family. Achievers clearly states that 9 to 5ers need not apply - the important thing to note here is that this isn't because they're slave drivers making you stay late but that the work is so rewarding and the environment so fun and comfortable that you'll seldom want to leave.
    I am proud to tell people I work for such an innovative, inspiring and truly unique company. You're either a culture fit here or you're not. The people here are all from different backgrounds, different cultures, different walks of life but one thing unites them: they want to change the way the world works. They're all passionate about what they do, they love sharing thoughts and ideas, they inspire each other and learn from their peers. My colleges here demonstrate the term "work hard, play hard" every single day.
    At Achievers I have come across some of the most brilliant people who have taught me the true meaning of loving your work and sharing your success. Everyone here is eager to help each other accomplish their goals and reach the epitome of their potential. Your peers will guide you, lead you, inspire you and motivate you. You won't have a dull moment here. Everyone has a whacky sense of humor and is not afraid of bringing their personalities to the forefront.
    Every single person is friendly and outgoing in their own way, everyone here genuinely cares for your success and well being - like I mentioned before, this place becomes like a second family. I could not be happier.

Cons

The salary isn't on par with industry standards (but the daily free breakfasts, tri-weekly free lunches and Friday drinks help ease that pain a little)
    There's been lots of additions to senior management and that's leading to a little uncertainty in terms of goals and the future of the company - having said that, this is a welcome change because that's one thing this company was previously criticized on (lack of senior management)

I don't have much to offer in terms of advice, I am currently very happy with the management team and wouldn't change a thing.

A solid opportunity with a connected company.

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is professionally stimulating. You're given responsibilities here that you can grow into and develop with. In a normal company, I would have had to work for 2 more years to get the opportunities of growth that I'm getting right now. The whole working philosophy is to own what you do, and make it better. The way we work is challenging and stimulating - the only way I can work actually. There is an energy and connection to how the business is evolving and growing that keeps everyone motivated to do what they do.

Culturally, we are genuinely valued. Truly. We are taken care of with all of the perks and benefits the company literally foots the bill on. We feel comfortable in our work space, and constantly are asked for feedback on how we are feeling, what isn't working and how we can improve things based on how WE as an employee base feel. You just don't see that kind of practice in other companies.

Cons

No sugar-coating here: it can get overwhelming. The company works at a fast pace and we love our goals and metrics. This type of work is not for everybody (the job descriptions say "9 to 5ers need not apply").

An AMAZING company to work for, with a unique culture and the very best people.

Current Employee - User Experience/UI Designer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - User Experience/UI Designer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great company culture
    - Amazing employees
    - Great benefits
    - Great employee perks
    - Good location
    - Overall a fun place to work where every day feels like you are making a difference

Cons

- no cons to list

Keep doing what you are doing

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!