Achievers Reviews

Reset
4.2
Achievers President and CEO Eric Lochner
Eric Lochner

Pros
  • Great people and strong culture (in 12 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They are a growing company and a startup, so things will continue to be rapidly changing (in 6 reviews)

• Because things are constantly changing, much of the work is last-minute tasks with close deadlines (in 3 reviews)

1. Fast-paced company with lots of excitement

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing and the leadership seems to care about the employees. The daily meetings are a great way to keep the company up to date, and most importantly sales are increasing steadily. Promotions and internal movement seem to be a regular thing. The medical and dental benefits are REALLY good. Everyone just seems to have a really good positive attitude which makes it easy to come into work everyday.

Cons

No matching 401K. Because it is an open area, it can get a bit noisy, but nothing that headsets won't take care of.

Advice to Management

Keep the growth coming and the emphasis on sales. Continue to foster internal growth and provide opportunities to advance within the company.

Great concept and awesome team

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaboration and employee success are at the heart of the company and high on management's priority. Employee and customer happiness is very important to Achievers

Cons

High management turnover is causing uncertainty and loss of valuable team members. This brings anxiety but also opportunity to the organization

Advice to Management

Stability and focus are necessary to bring the MOJO back to the team!

3. A company you want to be a part of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture. Fantastic, smart people. Growing company and exciting growth in industry. Very generous benefits. Amazing start at 4 week vacation. Promotes from within and focused on company values. A serious contender and leader in the recognition technology space.

Cons

Moves fast - not for everyone. A lot of change (if you consider it a con). Leadership has changed a few times recently - but decisions made to move things forward positively.

Advice to Management

Scale culture because of rapid growth

Fast-paced, fun start-up culture

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Achievers is a great place to work for a young person. Here are some listed pros: - Most people are very nice, positive and inclusive - Company CULTure is fantastic; there is always something to get involved in whether it be community service opportunities, yoga, or drinks to celebrate a teammate's birthday - Fully stocked bar - Free lunch every day ordered via Seamless - The work itself is fun and positive because the company sells a great product - Leaders are approachable and kind

Cons

While Achievers is a lot of fun, it's a lot of work too... - Work tends to pile up - it ain't a walk in the park to work here. - Not enough people for number of tasks and amount of work - Because things are constantly changing, much of the work is last-minute tasks with close deadlines - Pay isn't great - Work can be disorganized at times The biggest point here is, like previous comments mentioned, Achievers has a start-up culture... for better or for worse. It's a lot of fun, but you can't have too much fun because at the end of the day, you've got deadlines.

Amazing internship experience!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy coming to work everyday! Achievers has a positive, upbeat and super friendly environment that made me feel at home almost immediately. As an intern, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I am learning extremely useful skills and building my resume daily. (No coffee runs for this internship!) I have been challenged with projects, and even get to interact with higher level management (VP level). On Friday afternoons there is social drinking in the office which has allowed me to get to know co-workers from different departments. As if that wasn't enough- you also get free lunch everyday, which was a huge bonus in my book. I am gaining amazing experience at a growing company. Can't stop bragging about how great my internship is!

Cons

If you don't like being social or meeting new people you would probably not do well in this environment. Also, things are always changing so adaptability is a must!

Advice to Management

None

Pretty exciting place to work

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Super helpful environment. The product and senior leadership are both solid.

Cons

No set career path, or it is always in flux. They are a growing company and a startup, so things will continue to be rapidly changing. The pay is near the top of the range for my position, but it isn't the very best.

Terrible service, marketing machine that spams customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Based in San Francisco. Fun people.

Cons

No personal growth enabled, the company is all vapor-ware. They create all these white-papers that are filled with non-valid proofs of employee engagement. Their webinar machine is the best, even when people call in to request to unsubscribe we don't remove them from our lists. This is another typical startup that won't be able to grow and is royally become a marketing house.

Advice to Management

Get real.

Achievers Response

Jun 4, 2014 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your time in sharing your valuable feedback. Achievers aspires to follow “best practice” in every aspect of marketing. Our Brand and Demand ... More

A Place to Enjoy Going to Work Everyday

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the Company for 9 months now. When I started it seemed like it was too good to be true, I assumed that once I was settled then reality would set in and the energy and work environment would become just like any other work place. Nine months later this is not the case. I still enjoy going to work everyday, Sunday's are no longer miserable because Monday is just around the corner. The Leadership truly cares about their employees. They not only care about their employees today but also where their employees want to go and their career growth. Another pro is the balance of work/personal life. We work hard and things move extremely fast but we are always encouraged to maintain what is important to us in our personal lives.

Cons

Like the other reviews have said, there is the occasional craziness related to any start up. This has significantly improved within the past month or so due to some key leaders joining the company.

Fast paced, customer and employee focused!

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Achievers, we understand that it is our employees that make us so successful. We are constantly growing, and adapting to that growth, but through that what has remained constant is the value that is placed on making employees feel like their hard work is valued and will be acknowledged. When our employees meet targets and deliver on customer expectations there is a significant amount of public praise that is placed on those employees. On top of performance based recognition incentives, we have a generous benefit package, which includes fitness subsidies, in office lunch, 4 paid volunteer days per year. On top of that, our leaders are not elitist, everyone is given an opportunity to reach out to leaders to give feedback, ask questions, and ask for help.

Cons

There is never a slow moment here, so if you are someone who prefers to coast along, this gig is not for you. as we strive to become more scalable, our processes our constantly changing, so you can never fully adapt before it is going to change again.

Advice to Management

Continue to give opportunities to existing employees to grow, rather than always going outside to hire.

Great technology and team, lots of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, experienced leadership, the HR technology space is hot and being the #1 provider in the industry means Achievers is poised to take off.

Cons

This may or may not be a con, but things move fast around here and are changing everyday. You must be agile and adapt to meet the large opportunity Achievers is chasing.

Advice to Management

Continue to work towards growing and training the talent you have so employees stay excited about advancement opportunities within the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed