Achilles Group Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
Ms. Sheryl Lyons

1. Small but professional and innovative team that consistently delivers outsourced HR services to mid-range businesses.

Current Employee - Hrd in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Hrd in Houston, TX

I have been working at Achilles Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is one of the best perks. Contributions are recognized and rewarded. Team is relaxed but professional.

Cons

Challenging to adapt to multiple corporate cultures during the workday. Resources sometimes stretched thin and out of balance with work load, but that is something all small companies experience.

Advice to Management

Continue providing innovative HR services for a profit, and not be tempted to revert to providing the old-school sort of HR bureaucracy we all know, hate and eventually escaped from.

2. It was an alright gig.

Pros

At least I got paid.

Cons

Had to show up and work.

Advice to Management

Free Coffee.

3. Best alternative to Corporate HR! Excellent environment, professional yet fun and engaging.

I have been working at Achilles Group full-time

Pros

Good environment, great value to clients, building a great team from the ground up. IS practicing what it preaches to its clients and has come a long way in the last two years.

Cons

Small company, small budget. But great opportunities for those who help it grow.

Advice to Management

Share information with employees to strengthen their committment. Celebrate the many successes on the path to greatness.

5. Best Job I've Ever Had!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Achilles Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Achilles Group (the 10 year old HR Consulting based in Houston, TX - not the unassociated Achilles company from the UK mentioned here by a couple of x-employees www.achilles.com) is a GREAT place to work. We provide high quality HR, Training and Recruiting services to our clients at reasonable rates. We're a results driven company so nobody is hawking over you all the live long day telling you what to do so if you're not a self starter who can manage your own desk, this isn't the place for you. Achilles Group has an awesome benefits package and a ridiculously generous time off policy. For career minded HR professionals, you can't beat this job with a stick; interesting HR work with the spirit of entrepreneurs but the support of an established company!

Cons

Nothing really worth mentioning here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. Very Interesting Company with great Prospects.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Achilles Group as an intern

Pros

As an intern within the company, Achilles has provided me with a great insight into the world of procurement and supplier information management. I have learnt the complexities of an organisations procurement process and how well Achilles is able to cleanse data leading to a more fluid process and more accurate information. Great place to work if you would like a challenge and also flexible hours with the "Flexi time" system. I see great prospects for Achilles and will be keeping a close eye on its growth after my intern-ship finishes.

Cons

Communication with global offices can be challenging but as Achilles continuous to grow it will soon be able to cope with such issues and improve its communication effeciencies as a global company.

7. ok

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

Pros

flexible working, career development prospect

Cons

too far from home, poor benefits

Advice to Management

review benefits for all employees, review incentive schemes

Achilles Group Doesn't Practice What They Preach

Pros

They have a great time off policy - you're an adult act like it! Base salary was competitive with local market.

Cons

Achilles doesn't know what they want to be when they grow up. Too much internal conflict As a HR Consulting form you would like that they would have policies similar to that of what is recommended to their clients - they don't! Everyone tries to back-stab each other behind backs and then to your face tells you how wonderful you are. The company used to assist with outside sales is terrible - better off with a monkey.

RSS Feed </> Embed