Acision
www.acision.com Reading, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Acision Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Acision – Gurgaon – “Acision Innovation Assured”

Acision Chief Executive Adolfo Hernandez

Adolfo Hernandez

Pros:
  • "Many good benefits (such as pays illness, sick days)"
    in 9 reviews
  • "You will be accompanied by great people ,many of whom are ready to help"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "No career path, not transparent, no salaries review"
    in 3 reviews
  • "No salary review (since established they are in red numbers and they lied about it"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Be fast and flexible or get archived

Vice President Pre-sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Acision full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMarket share leader in the text messaging infrastructure business (SMSCs). Installed in over 200 carrier customer networks.

ConsThe traditional messaging space is evolving fast with many OTT competitors stealing revenue from carriers. The traditional SMSC vendors need to evolve to IMS/VOLTE Next Gen messaging. Acision is way behind it's competitors, does not build new solutions nearly fast enough, technical thinking is outdated and arrogant.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssess the current situation and future of the messaging space and plan accordingly.

Company could be so much more ...

I have been working at Acision full-time

ProsGood benefits and fair salary, great people (technical staff tend to be very experienced & quite talented) and very supportive environment overall. Generally good relationships with clients/customers and interesting projects. Exciting industry (telecomms) with a lot going on. Wdie variety of telecomms operators as clients across all regions of world. Acision still major player in messaging. Potentially good developer opportunities in US for next couple of years.

ConsCompany has stagnated and growth unlikely in new future. Small bonuses, rare pay increases, few new products and late to new messaging technologies. Many long term or very senior staff have left, and few chances for promotion/advancement (people brought in from other companies in preference to internal candidates). Little or no training except internal product specific training. Very limited view of potential opportunities in telecomm operators.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive regions more autonomy & decentralize - what works in UK & EU does not always work in Asia or US. Particularly: decentralize product management & develop per identified regional needs, not generic requirements from HQ.

Fast-paced learning environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Acision full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA lot to learn, if you're willing to do the research yourself. Really good benefits. A lot of good coworkers that look out for each other. A lot of social events to help bring people together from various teams. Flexible environment that allows for occasional work-from-home when the need arises, as long as the benefit isn't abused.

ConsDeadlines can be almost impossible to meet. Change in focus is not always made clear. Not a lot of room for movement, except into management roles. Travel to customer sites was occasionally decided at the last minute, leading to difficult travel arrangements.

May be rewarding if you work really hard and able to prove yoruself

Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acision full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of reviewers were nagging here about lack of growth, but I'd say it's not entirely correct.

ConsThe company is in turmoil currently, so the future is a bit unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose any more talent!! People is a key in this business.

Good company to learn, but dont expect prof growing

Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acision full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company to learn, to get involved in the projects environment and also to travel. I've learned a lot with great engineers, very good teamworking and knowledge sharing..

Consdont expect to grown because the company dont want it for you. Also the company are not financially good right now, so bonus and raises are out of mind..

Advice to Senior ManagementGREAT managers. !!!

Interesting job with many challenges.

Senior Solution Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Acision full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAmazing people and interesting tech tasks makes you learn something and grow everyday.

ConsCompany still fights for it's place on the market and sometimes make unexpected movements affecting employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to people which is so far the most valuable asset of the company.

Overall a good place to work

Operations Engineer (Former Employee)
Bellevue, WA

I worked at Acision

ProsFriendly atmosphere, professional but not too formal. Very interesting technical challenges that can be very rewarding. Great people and great sense of teamwork.

ConsWay too much travel, rarely to anyway one might want to go. A lot of night work, so overall the work/life balance is skewed.

Program Manager - Professional Services

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acision

ProsGood product and market presence in messaging products and services for NA Tier 1 Carrier customers

ConsThere seems to be some areas where staffing is limited and work hours are extended to cover shortages

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management team needs to address future market direction beyond NGN messaging. Future growth may be limited without expanding into new markets domestically and worldwide.

Good company

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Acision

ProsGood benefits; Very relax work enviornment

ConsNo personal growth; uncertainity leads less efficiency

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make a clear plan and remove uncertainity

Pay on the Low Side

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Acision

ProsGood people to work with, made close friends. Worked together as a team during crunch time.

ConsPoor pay
Very limited advancement
Not very good benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the pay, get better benefits and 401k, create opportunities for advancement

Worked for Acision? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acision reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acision CEO Adolfo Hernandez. All 74 reviews posted anonymously by Acision employees.