Acist Medical Systems

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
2.9

Thomas Morizio

Down-to-earth, high performing, fun and flexible organization! Outstanding culture!

I have been working at Acist Medical Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very down to earth and transparent with sharing information to employees. The executive leaders are real, inviting, and empowering. Culture is very much so focused on, and all leaders are rated bi-annually on how they instill a positive culture with their teams. The company strives on hiring the best talent, nothing less, and elevating employees to grow within their roles. The days are filled with hard work, collaboration, and lots of laughter. Truly a fun and welcoming organization. Excellent work life balance too whether it be the ability to work remotely or having flexible and encouraged days off. The company promotes from within more than any other organization I've worked for.

Cons

Only con would be the benefits. The benefits are great for those located in MN, but not as appealing to those in the field or other states.

Keep it up. The EC team is strong and dependable and employees enjoy having an EC team that is so available, open, and engaged.

Company trying to make it big.....

I worked at Acist Medical Systems

Pros

Paid time of between Christmas and New Years is a major plus. The majority of the employees are great to work with. If you ever need a day brightener, walk to Production, someone down there will know how to cheer you up and put a smile on your face.

Cons

There are very few managers that actually have their employees' best interest in mind. Hidden agendas run through the building. From personal experience, I spoke with my direct manager, in confidence, and after I left, I had an employee approach me and informed me details of my conversation with my manager, and even more hurtful, discussions I had in a confidential setting with various Human Resources Personnel. The only way this employee would have found out, was getting the information directly those I spoke with in Confidence.

No one likes untrustworthy management. Please spend more time developing the people at the bottom. Those are the people that make the Company. While Management makes the decisions, if you don't support the bottom more, you will lose them.

Weirdest company I ever worked at hands down.

I worked at Acist Medical Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice coworkers and nice workout area. The area the company was located in was nice too. It was next to a large shopping mall and restaurants.

Cons

Any kind of confidentiality or even the pretense of it does not exist. It wasn't unusual for several others at the company to know who was getting let go AND why long before the actual person was called in and walked out. Any kind of training at this company does not exist either. My training consisted of me getting signed up to read and get quizzed on several SOPs. That was it. My boss never sat down with me for training at all.

This is the year 2014 and not 1964. The company is ran like you'd expect to find one being ran in 1964.

Good career starter, but reached dead end

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Acist Medical Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay
    Ton of vacation
    Ok benefits
    Summer hours
    Nice building

Cons

Mgmt has no clear direction
    Big Brother, BRACCO
    Super conservative, Tea Party like mgmt club

Very political "Old Boys Network"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager

I have been working at Acist Medical Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent products, potential in pipeline, rewarding market space.

Cons

Seemingly clueless exec management. HR thrives on politics and gossip and cannot be trusted. Toxic environment. Unwilling to put necessary dollars behind execution of plan. Ability to advance your career there is nearly impossible unless you're part of the club and willing to play the politics game.

Remember why you hired your employees - because of their expertise - NOT to cover your butts.

Its been great so far but its slowly becoming difficult to work here.

I have been working at Acist Medical Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Atmosphere, Small Company, Nice Gym, Great People, Great pay and benefits, free week of during Christmas. Flexibility.

Cons

Poor management, Micro managers, They don't want to hear it. Every manager is so busy that they do not have time to lead, Upper management is not really aware of the work load that most employees have to put up with.

You are on the right path by adding additional head count. However, SAP is going to kill everyone's productivity and you may loose people.

Good work atmosphere, good coworkers, poor management.

I have been working at Acist Medical Systems

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits
    Great facilities with gym
    Small company environment
    Interesting products and interesting technology
    Job security
    Stable product lines

Cons

Poor management team.
    Highly political management team.
    No respect for employees.
    No company vision or company drive to accomplish projects.

Show leadership and a vision to the company employees. Work with employees to understand and communicate the needs of the company, products, and customers in stead of assuming these are already known to management.

Great company with focus on teamwork

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Acist Medical Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Transparant communication on the company's strategy, a focus on teamwork, emphasis on people skills for teamleaders and a down to earth and approachable executive team.

Cons

Work culture is great and so are salary and benefits; any cons are too moderate in comparison to be mentioned.

Remain focus on the people

poor communication

I worked at Acist Medical Systems

Pros

Week off during christmas break

Cons

Managers communication was not to par as in other companies I've been with.