Acnielsen Bases Reviews

Updated April 24, 2014

3.3

David L. Calhoun
1 Rating

Very rewarding! First job, gave me lots to learn

Former Employee - Research Analyst  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

Management is amazing. If you perform your best, you are sure to be promoted fast. I have seen friends starting of as a reserach analyst and within 4 years become a director...which is great considering the career paths and the recognition at work.

Cons

Its easy to feel overworked. Lots of projects, tasks, responsibilties given to an individual. Initially, the pay may be a little low but definitely better than the other jobs, but salary hikes are given once you complete a year.

Application Development review

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

BASES had interesting technology projects to work on although the range of technologies available to use as solutions were limited.

Cons

BASES began to do some downsizing and outsourcing of technology projects so Indian firms became the main IT solution used there.

Develop the business learning of internal application development staff to ensure that they have more knowledge than the off shore associates.

Long hours always expected with little appreciation for the time and effort

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst  in  Covington, KY
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Covington, KY

I worked at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

Lots of young college graduates. Friendly employees. If you are fresh out of college and hoping to meet some new friends at work, you can definitely accomplish those goals here.

Cons

The morale is typically low because employees feel overworked and under-appreciated. Although you do spend some time working with your team and clients, generally all of your work is spent on your computer alone. I did not find that there was enough interaction with other people. While the idea of working on new product testing sounds very exciting, most of your efforts go into analyzing data in 200+ page tables, creating very in-depth sales forecasts, and writing PowerPoint presentations. You are not that involved in the creative aspect of new product testing.

Give managers more thorough training so they are able to better manage and train new employees. Provide incoming and prospective employees with a truer picture of the hours required of the typical marketing research analyst.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience, awesome team!

I have been working at Acnielsen Bases full-time for more than a year

Pros

great project experience, team is fantastic

Cons

Pay is low compared to level of work

No work/life Balance

I have been working at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

very globe, and lot of things to learn

Cons

low salary, no integration between departments, too much workload

True industry leader. Great training program.

I have been working at Acnielsen Bases full-time

Pros

Great training program means steep learning curve for new analysts. You will pick up a broad set of skills (client service, project management, analytical skills and industry knowledge) in a short time.

Cons

It's gradually losing its "small company" feel and becoming a bottom-line driven, somewhat bureaucratic corporation. Revenue is growing, but culture less personable.

Company should not only reward those revenue generators, but also great managers that help retain good talents.

Good place for smart people

I have been working at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

Friendly environment, smart people, lots of opportunities to grow and take on more responsibilities. You're encouraged to take ownership of projects very early on in your career.

Cons

Hours can sometimes be long and the merit increases are not as strong as they have been in the past. Depending on your team and clients, it can be a very stressful environment with high expectations and tight deadlines.

Continue to recognize and award strong performers.

Degradation

I worked at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

Used to have very smart and nice people.
    Learning and opportunities to learn more.
    Casual dress code.

Cons

Low salary and they expect long hours.
    Not promoting because they do not want to pay you more.
    Senior management has limited mind and cares only about their salaries.
    (A lot of) extraordinary people left or were layed off to be replaced by mediocre individuals in the overall context of dirty politics games.

no advice can be given to consciously mean people.

If the shoe fits, wear it

I have been working at Acnielsen Bases

Pros

BASES offers a lot of growth opportunities and responsibility from the beginning and it is constantly challenging. There is also a great team atmosphere and casual work environment. If you are interested in working in this industry, it has a sterling reputation.

Cons

I feel that work/life balance is a little off. I often feel that there is too much on my plate. Although people are very nice, there is a silent, underlying pressure to work a lot, though this is probably true of any corporate place.

I think that they should continue to ask our opinions as they already do, but we need more support in the wake of the current economic environment.

Worked for Acnielsen Bases? Contribute to the Community!