Aconex

Leigh Jasper

Great product, great culture

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Aconex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company has a great product and is focused on results. The culture is fast paced and aggressive but still has an eye on work/life balance. People here really walk their talk.

Cons

Not too many cons at this company - the only downside is that the headquarters is in Australia and sometimes it is hard to coordinate things with the time difference from the US.

Great place to work which would be better if they payed you more

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I have been working at Aconex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great senior management, culture and people. They believe in a good work life balance and provide great vacation benefits.

Cons

They do not pay their employee's well enough for the bay area therefore have a high turnover.

Pay people more

Don't do it! It's not worth it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Aconex

Pros

Decent salary, free drinks, weekly Friday beer and wine and some very good people.

Cons

Australian centric. In the San Bruno office, if you weren't Australian then you obviously didn't know anything. Untrained middle management allowed to do whatever they want. Was told I was hired for my experience and knowledge but was never allowed to use it. I had to do everything exactly as my manager had always done it. NO changes allowed.

Also, medical benefits were astronomical!

Try bottom up reviews. Listen to what the lower levels are saying about the management.

Aconex employs a great group of people working with a great product focused on customer success.

I have been working at Aconex full-time

Pros

Aconex is an employee focused client driven organizations whose management staff provides an open door policy. Aconex provides a safe and healthy work environment while making sure it’s employees is free to excel at their required duties.

Cons

With any global company fostering team is tough. I would like to more instances where the teams can all get together to share ideas and strategize.

Rapidly growing global company with a great culture

I have been working at Aconex full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A great company attitude borne out of the Australian "get on with it" culture. Employees are empowered and encouraged to innovate across all areas of the business.
    Through the company, I have personally been given substantial professional (and life) experience across Australia, Europe, Middle East and the US.

Cons

You need to be highly independent and self-motivated, which does not suit everyone

With countless opportunities for career growth all over the world, there could be more internal communication of these opportunities across the organization

Great company culture with opportunity for career growth and travel

I have been working at Aconex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Aconex has a flat management structure encouraging all employees to innovate and put forward suggestions. As a rapidly growing, international company there are lots opportunities for development.

For me, the best part about this company are the people I work with - A great mix of personalities & cultures. All are driven to succeed and work together to help grow the business

The company pays fairly with bonus structures allowing all teams to earn more based on performance and the work-life balance/flexibility is great.

Cons

Aconex sells a unique niche product set. As with any large deal the sales cycles can be long and complex (though the payoff is usually well worth it!)

Open-minded company that allows its employees to flourish, celebrate their successes, and be rewarded for hard work.

I have been working at Aconex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome product that is very competitive to other offerings. Startup-type atmosphere where ideas are welcome no matter what your title. Employees are urged to try new things and use career expertise to make decisions.

Cons

As with any company, it is difficult to put regional experience aside when breaking in to new markets. Not necessarily a "con" but difficult nonetheless.

Great Place to work if you like passive aggressive management and a wild west sales mentality

Former Employee - Business Development Manager (Sales Representative ) in New York, NY

I worked at Aconex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good technology, stable, customers like it (when they buy)

Cons

US market isn't mature enough for the solution Aconex is selling. Management doesn't want to invest in building what the market needs. Very passive aggressive management team.

Clean house starting with D**. Not sure what that guy does other than cause people to quit.

Rewarding and fun place to work

Current Employee - Product Owner in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Aconex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Aconex is a fun place to work. The people are a great bunch and work does provide challenges. There are always opportunities for growth. I have been at this company for over ten years and have had opportunities to change and advance my career with some varied roles. I have seen it from small beginnings to the global stage. They care about their employees with flexible options such as working from home or taking leave at short notice (for personal reasons). They definitely care for work life balance with opportunities to work earlier or later depending on circumstances. Facilities in the Melbourne office include bike storage area and showers, beer tap in the kitchen for Friday night drinks and foozeball.

Cons

As the company has grown bigger we have lost some of the nuances that a small organisation has. It has been a learning curve but I think that this is improving.

Countless opportunities for those who want to take them!

I have been working at Aconex

Pros

With a tenure of nearly ten years at Aconex, there's no doubt that this is the best place I've ever worked. When I speak to people in other companies it becomes apparent that we've been really successful at hiring and keeping the right type of people. The culture is supportive, there's no politics - not that I've ever seen - and the opportunities, if you want to take them, are there. I am testament to this, having worked in 3 different teams in Melbourne, but also having had the opportunity to work for a period of time in our UAE and India regions too. Whilst we all work hard, committed to the vision of making Aconex the best in the market, there is also a work-life balance. Occasionally working from home is an option, and Aconex has a scheme to purchase additional leave if you want to - great for parents of young children, but also for those who need to take extended overseas trips (I often need to travel to the UK). Further to this, we have a great mix of fun, smart, interesting people and numerous social occasions (including Friday night drinks) where you can get to know your work mates better.

Cons

Being a high growth company, our focus is to keep ahead of the game in providing the product features that the market demands. For somebody who has worked also in Client Support, I believe we could do well to put more focus on improving existing features and keeping our user base happy.