Acor Orthopaedic

Add Photos

Greg Alaimo

Hard working company

Cleveland, OH

ProsFamily owned. You get to know owerns

ConsThey ask a lot of employees, a bit more than will to compensate for.

worst experience of my life. They treat people as if they slave labor.

Cleveland, OH

ProsNone there are no pros to working there.

ConsThey never give raises but expect more work out of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to think like you would want to be treated and then treat your employees that way.

No wonder why the company hasn't grown in the past 10 years.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were all nice to work with and all worked hard (despite their low pay).

ConsOwnership is more concerned with earning quick cash, as opposed to committing to long-term strategic goals.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIFIC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

Prosproducts help people with diabetes

Consbuilding stinks from glue - health hazard
    employees are not professional
    executives totally out of touch
    lack of direction from president and ceo

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is totally out for themselves and are out of touch

Unless you're desparate, please do not apply at Acor Orthopaedic.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsThe "little people" at Acor made the job enjoyable. We had a bond and mutual respect for each other that would be hard to match. The picnics and the Christmas parties were fun.

ConsThere were many downsides. In a particular department, it helps if you are a snitch (per a supervisor) to advance. Also, a particular manager, unless the owners were in town, sat and read magazines most of the day, surfed the web, or stared at his girlfriend who worked 5 feet away. Every year I was employed there, a 2% raise was given to everyone in the company. That barely made a difference on the paycheck, since every year health benefits increased. The communication was horrible. We didn't have weekly meetings to talk about new products, so when customers called to ask us about something, we had no idea what they meant. Whenever there was an employee "pow wow," compliments from the supervisor were read from a piece of paper instead of being told to our faces. More and more work was forced upon us from other departments in the company because the supervisor didn't have the nerve to stand up for us "little people" in the office, which made the days so busy we couldn't get all of our work finished. Sexual harrassment by the supervisor. I'm not sure how much I can say legally on this site, but I have audio and video of very inappropriate comments made to the office women. There are many more downsides, but I'd have finished a novel after they were explained!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease train your new employees instead of making current employees do it! If you don't appreciate the way it was done, then do it yourselves, instead of criticizing the trainers. Lastly, make a rule about fraternizing with supervisors. There's no need for dating drama in the workplace.

Can you give zero stars? You can't make this stuff up.

ProsProducts manufactured in Asia at some crummy factory. So much for Made in the USA. Some shoes smelled like dead rats. Some of my customer accounts called to say they got shoes that smelled like a dead animal.

ConsWhen the President can't agree on company direction with the CEO, and they are brothers, you have a problem. They try to sell direct to accounts that are customers of a distributor. Rampant acts of unprofessionalism every day (many of them sexual). I need to get out soon - I know.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. You are out of touch. The industry has a bad reputation of you.

Worked for Acor Orthopaedic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acor Orthopaedic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acor Orthopaedic CEO Greg Alaimo. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Acor Orthopaedic employees.