Acorda Therapeutics Reviews

Reset
2.9
Acorda Therapeutics President CEO, and Director Ron Cohen
Ron Cohen

Great benefits but management needs a change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardsley, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ardsley, NY

I have been working at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful benefits. Fun activities but that's not what makes a company.

Cons

Work environment can sometimes be intimidating and/or hostile. Communication is not their strong suit.

Advice to Management

Management really needs to see how ppl are leaving and why. Understand that the current sr managers are not necessarily the greatest managers.

2. Excellent Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, MA

I have been working at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough. This company is really amazing. I was nervous when I heard Acorda was buying us out. The management in this company is great. The staff is excellent. It's a very happy place to work, The benefits are excellent and I love having a job that is so meaningful and I am proud of what I do here.

Cons

Sorry but I honestly can't think of a single con expect the dental because in MA they don't have a lot of dentist that accept that plan.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The CEO is an excellent guy. I can't wait to see what is ahead to come.

IT Technician II

I worked at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company in General. Family Oriented.

Cons

IT Management are horrible and are way over their heads. Tech Services manager sits in his office all day watching Netflix and Assistant Director is always traveling. They will have you do all the work and take all the credit. No type of structure or training. You work your butt off and still get a bad review which affects your bonus. It kind of makes you not want to work hard anymore. Many people left within a year because IT Management are just horrible. Oh, God forbid you tell manager something is wrong they will get real upset and make your life miserable. Also no growth in IT.

Advice to Management

My advice to the executives is to really look into the IT department because there is a high turn over rate and it's high for a reason. In 1 year about 6 IT individuals left the company. Some were terminated because one of the 3 managers didn't like the individual. Some of us loved the company but working under the IT management who's been there for a long time need serious training.

5. Great company

I have been working at Acorda Therapeutics

Pros

Great experience in working in a biotech company

Cons

too little guidance to employees

A very confusing and unproductive environment

I worked at Acorda Therapeutics

Pros

The benefits and salary are fair

Cons

The company is poorly managed and the resources to accomplish goals are not available. Employees that make the decisions are not experienced or capable.

Advice to Management

Hire an external firm to evaluate employee competency and do not allow upper management to influence the review.

Company that's growing too fast for number of employees and limited resources

Current Employee - Mid-level Non-manager in Ardsley, NY
    Current Employee - Mid-level Non-manager in Ardsley, NY

I have been working at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to interact with other departments
    Excellent benefits, including free dental, free vision, free long-term care insurance, and free life insurance, reasonable employee contribution to medical, office closes at 1 pm on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day, 15 vacation days in first full year with company

Cons

Incredibly unhealthy lack of work-life balance
    Extremely unrealistic goals for a company this size
    Insufficient resources
    Understaffed
    CEO and senior management play favorites among employees and only reward and promote these employees
    Lack of consequences for unprofessional or unethical behavior at the senior/VP level

Advice to Management

Stop trying to hold onto "small company" mentality and embrace mid-size mentality, which will provide employees with what they need to do their work
    CEO needs to be more vigilant about the behavior of the direct reports of his direct reports
    Too many company events - stop wasting so much money and spend it on more staff

Horrible work environment

I worked at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salaries seem to be good

Cons

Leadership is weak and not supportive, HR is a waste and doesn't protect the employees from rogue management, commercial leader has destroyed the company culture

Advice to Management

Leadership, you need to clean house of the senior management in the company.

Paralegal

Former Employee - Paralegal in Ardsley, NY
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Ardsley, NY

I worked at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Goals of company are admirable

Cons

Legal Department is populated by a bunch of screamers and hysterics who are very unprofessional and ignorant of common decency in the way they treat their employees. Huge and frequent turnover in non-executive employees.

Advice to Management

Find new VP's for Legal Department and get rid of most of its current management.

Fun but makes you doubt that you'll ever grow within your field.

Current Employee - G&A in Ardsley, NY
    Current Employee - G&A in Ardsley, NY

I have been working at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great cause. Fun environment when they have family events. Walks, picnics, etc.

Physical building is really adequate for a company it's size.

Cons

Senior Management really needs to be revised as most of them within certain departments are not there because they belong or deserve it but non other than the reason they defaulted in those positions because they came in at a time where no one else was there to compete.

Pay is not really market value (mostly G&A Departments) management in departments such as IT fears to promote their employees pass a certain level because they do not want you to be their competition.

Advice to Management

Needs to understand and have an idea of what their department should and would look anywhere from 3-5 years ahead. Have a trajectory plan for current and future employees because otherwise very good talent is going to walk away as they won't see room to grow within their career. (This goes specially to the G&A depts).

Ron really needs to be involved at a more micro level since a lot of talent is leaving the company he worked so hard to build up!

Great company with a good vision

I have been working at Acorda Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Involvement with the patients we help through walks, bike-rides, etc; passion for the field trickles down from the top; many employees have been here since the company was very small and can speak to the changes in culture; great people to work with (at least in my department); open doors with many of the high-level managers; great exposure.

Cons

Navigating the growth of the company is difficult for the management; very reactionary in prioritizing work; information is not shared effectively; if you don't fir the culture, you know immediately.

Advice to Management

Please find effective ways to disseminate information better.

RSS Feed </> Embed