Acosta Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

2.8

Acosta President, CEO, and Director Robert Hill
Robert Hill

Pros
  • The projects are compelling, they have work life balance as well (in 19 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, good communication with account managers (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no raises--just more work (in 27 reviews)

• Below industry wages for mid and upper management positions (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Unit manager

Former Employee - Unit Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Acosta full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits freedoms to do you work at home

Cons

Reactive company does not plan in advance.

Become more proactive provide employees more information

Love this job

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Hackensack, NJ
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Hackensack, NJ

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work around some jobs are fun to do

Cons

The hours aren't that great for a career path

Retail Coverage Merchandiser

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser  in  Americus, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Americus, GA

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy Job, get to work inside different stores, You get a lot of coupons, and sometimes free trial merchandise, You also get to meet a lot of different people.

Cons

its the same thing every day, every store, the stores do not want you in their, they give you a difficult time, and treat you really bad. the company make you travel a lot and does not pay much of a mileage rate only 34 cents a mile. the pay is low and they will not give any raises,

Treat people with respect, some of us are actually workiing, their is no need to track us every 15 min.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't plan on making it a career and you'll do fine.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, independent work, interesting assignments with lots of variety, peers are hard workers, better chance of getting regular hours than other places (like Acosta), good mileage reimbursement, good management. Gives you a unique view of retail and supply chain logistics. Once you know how to read a plan-o-gram, you've got a good qualification for other work. You'll work without ever meeting senior management and your own manager rarely.

Cons

No raises, ever; no chance for full-time, you'll work with a few oddballs, if you've never done this, it is up to your teammates to volunteer to train you and you have to just jump in and go as fast as you can.

Please give raises or bonuses for achievements!

Very easy stuff.

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser  in  Thorndale, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Thorndale, PA

I have been working at Acosta full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seems like you a free to conduct your eight hours off work without any interruptions.

Cons

The pay is not great and you are not reimbursed for gas miles.

Pay a little bit more.

Company does not reward good employees-no pay raises in years

Current Employee - Teritory Representative  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Teritory Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Acosta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexibility in schedule, decent full time benefits

Cons

no cost of living raises, no rewards for accomplishments, many spiffs and contest money not paid

KEEP your good employees by giving fair raises, incentives paid, would avoid huge turnover!

OK for a part time job

Current Employee - Reset Specialist
    Current Employee - Reset Specialist

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-5 weeks unpaid time off each year. You are off for a week during Easter, Memorial day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
    -Flexible scheduling.
    -Very easy work.

Cons

-NO RAISES!!!! Yet Acosta keeps buying up small marketing companies.
    -My Day to day supervisor doesn't even work for Acosta. She works for SAS. My Acosta supervisor {whom I have never met or even spoken with) writes my annual review with no input from my day to day supervisor. What a joke.
    -No room for growth or advancement.

How about sharing the love and giving the people in the trenches a raise. We do all the hard work and get nothing in return.

Insightful...Enjoyable...Entry Level Experience, but I had a fantastic Boss!

Former Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser  in  Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Asheville, NC

I worked at Acosta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have to admit that the best Pro comment I can make is in regards to my Unit Manager. She (TH), without any doubt, was the most pleasant, enjoyable and professional "boss" I have ever worked for...ever, and that speaks a great deal (I have been in the workforce for 45 years). Though new to her position, she approached every day and every thing with a positive outlook and friendly, relaxed style, able to stress importance and urgency of tasks without being dictatorial and threatening (the current day mis-management style so many companies are using). She allowed me the space (freedom) I needed to perform my duties and responsibilities, understood and respected my experience, and did not "over manage" me. What a refreshing experience in today's retail environment! Thank you (TH) for a very enjoyable working experience.
    I was also blessed with being able to meet, and work alongside, some very dedicated, hard-working associates that Walmart is lucky to have. Sadly, no matter what store in what market location, they go extremely unappreciated by store management as well as by Walmart. It even appears, to outsiders like me, that Walmart must be teaching this horrible style of management to their management personnel because it runs, in varying degree's, at every single location. Everyone, in today's workforce, is being asked to do more with/for less every day. Everyone is living with more and more pressures every day, which is why it is important today, more than ever before, to treat fellow workers, at every level, with respect, consistency and a touch of humanity.
    As a Retail Coverage Merchandiser (RCM) you are at a very entry level position. I likened it to being the ground supporting the corporate ladder. The position is designed to assist your accounts, mine being area Walmart's and Sam's Club's, in fulfilling merchandising and promotional activity of specific wholesaler's, mine being Kraft Foods and Proctor & Gamble. You are there to help the customers...your accounts...your clients...your company. Everybody wins! If the accounts would only embrace your presence, which they do not.
    Acosta's overall benefits package is respectable.
    Work-life balance in pretty good alignment.
    I can not speak toward opportunities for advancement because that was not my particular goal or motivation.
    I appreciated the opportunity to work for Acosta, it simply did not pay well enough to continue.

Cons

The pay is minimal...mileage reimbursement is extremely inferior (it should be illegal)...but you do know that going in.
    Clients appear to, occasionally, fall into today's "micro-mis-management" style when technology provides too much information and companies don't really know what it all means, let alone, what to do with it. Decision making needs to be made out in the field, not from behind a desk. Lessons, good and bad, are better taught and learned hands-on, not in the sterile and protected environment of the office with you head stuck behind the latest electronic contraption. Hopefully, some day, someone will again realize that simplification, real education and experience can be a very successful, beneficial and profitable business model.
    But, by far, the greatest CON is to witness, up close and personal on an every day basis, the deteriorating, debilitating management style running rampant by large corporations to "bully" and "threaten" their employees to do what they "think" is best for their own selfish job security and future. Shame on Walmart and to all the other "followers" that have bought in to their horrible example of Human Relations. Grow a pair, stop being a follower, and learn how to lead!

Acosta does know how to put their best foot forward in it's perception to their associates, and they are actively trying to grow their business every single day. A reasonable goal indeed, but Acosta takes it to the point where field personnel are actually working in competition with products they represent. For example, if you are representing two competitive brands of coffee, who is the real winner? Acosta of course, they get paid by both!
    Just a word to the wise...don't eat too much of the pie...you might be enjoying it's taste and flavor right now, but you might end up with a tummy ache in the end!

ok place to work. hard to grow in

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser

I have been working at Acosta full-time for more than a year

Pros

easy work. management doesn't bother you as long as you do what you need to do.

Cons

It's extremely hard to get a raise !

hard! you have to know the right people

Good company to grow from as a Job seeker.

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Acosta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, and Nice managers

Cons

No bonuses and it takes a long time to get promoted but if your on time with task. Your yearly will show your a great candidate for promotions.

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!