Acosta

Acosta Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Acosta President, CEO, and Director Robert Hill

Robert Hill

Pros
  • The projects are compelling, they have work life balance as well(in 19 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, good communication with account managers(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no raises--just more work(in 26 reviews)

• Difficult to get or receive any answers from upper management or HR(in 16 reviews)

Alright company

ProsFlexible, time off, people skills

ConsNo salary increase, no raises

OK place

Prosthe people you work with are amazing

Conslack of hours make it awful

Retail Continuity Manager/Territory manager

Retail Continuity Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFlexible scheduling if you are part time. When business was good they did give part time and full time people a nominal holiday bonus.

ConsNever received a pay raise in the 4 years that I worked for them. This is common among all RCM's. Even though I received great performance evaluations they do not give pay raises. They really do not seem to care about the people at retail. They negotiate a contract with a vendor for 3 years and then hire people for a team and that is your rate of pay until the contract ends or the account renews. Mileage for your travel barely covers your gas, not to mention wear and tear on your auto or blown tires, or oil changes. The focus is on the business managers and paying them bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your retail people more and reward them when they succeed with pay increases. It is demoralizing to not get even a quarter annually. Give them better mileage and compensate them for wear and tear on their car fairly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to get experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bentonville, AR

ProsWork life balance, personal growth, relaxed environment

ConsYou have to own your development.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people

Not a long term Position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsControl your only schedule and work pace.

ConsLimited hours to work, no extra hours

A good part time job

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWorking on your own is a good thing

ConsA lot of driving, no raises

Insightful...Enjoyable...Entry Level Experience, but I had a fantastic Boss!

Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee) Asheville, NC

ProsI have to admit that the best Pro comment I can make is in regards to my Unit Manager. She (TH), without any doubt, was the most pleasant, enjoyable and professional "boss" I have ever worked for...ever, and that speaks a great deal (I have been in the workforce for 45 years). Though new to her position, she approached every day and every thing with a positive outlook and friendly, relaxed style, able to stress importance and urgency of tasks without being dictatorial and threatening (the current day mis-management style so many companies are using). She allowed me the space (freedom) I needed to perform my duties and responsibilities, understood and respected my experience, and did not "over manage" me. What a refreshing experience in today's retail environment! Thank you (TH) for a very enjoyable working experience.
    I was also blessed with being able to meet, and work alongside, some very dedicated, hard-working associates that Walmart is lucky to have. Sadly, no matter what store in what market location, they go extremely unappreciated by store management as well as by Walmart. It even appears, to outsiders like me, that Walmart must be teaching this horrible style of management to their management personnel because it runs, in varying degree's, at every single location. Everyone, in today's workforce, is being asked to do more with/for less every day. Everyone is living with more and more pressures every day, which is why it is important today, more than ever before, to treat fellow workers, at every level, with respect, consistency and a touch of humanity.
    As a Retail Coverage Merchandiser (RCM) you are at a very entry level position. I likened it to being the ground supporting the corporate ladder. The position is designed to assist your accounts, mine being area Walmart's and Sam's Club's, in fulfilling merchandising and promotional activity of specific wholesaler's, mine being Kraft Foods and Proctor & Gamble. You are there to help the customers...your accounts...your clients...your company. Everybody wins! If the accounts would only embrace your presence, which they do not.
    Acosta's overall benefits package is respectable.
    Work-life balance in pretty good alignment.
    I can not speak toward opportunities for advancement because that was not my particular goal or motivation.
    I appreciated the opportunity to work for Acosta, it simply did not pay well enough to continue.

ConsThe pay is minimal...mileage reimbursement is extremely inferior (it should be illegal)...but you do know that going in.
    Clients appear to, occasionally, fall into today's "micro-mis-management" style when technology provides too much information and companies don't really know what it all means, let alone, what to do with it. Decision making needs to be made out in the field, not from behind a desk. Lessons, good and bad, are better taught and learned hands-on, not in the sterile and protected environment of the office with you head stuck behind the latest electronic contraption. Hopefully, some day, someone will again realize that simplification, real education and experience can be a very successful, beneficial and profitable business model.
    But, by far, the greatest CON is to witness, up close and personal on an every day basis, the deteriorating, debilitating management style running rampant by large corporations to "bully" and "threaten" their employees to do what they "think" is best for their own selfish job security and future. Shame on Walmart and to all the other "followers" that have bought in to their horrible example of Human Relations. Grow a pair, stop being a follower, and learn how to lead!

Advice to Senior ManagementAcosta does know how to put their best foot forward in it's perception to their associates, and they are actively trying to grow their business every single day. A reasonable goal indeed, but Acosta takes it to the point where field personnel are actually working in competition with products they represent. For example, if you are representing two competitive brands of coffee, who is the real winner? Acosta of course, they get paid by both!
    Just a word to the wise...don't eat too much of the pie...you might be enjoying it's taste and flavor right now, but you might end up with a tummy ache in the end!

Great team environment & benefits, salary mediocre.

Business Manager (Current Employee)

Prosoffices in every major city, great executive team that cares, great health coverage.

Conslow salaries, not enough team building activities for sales operations personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer pathing and higher salaries will retain younger employees.

Relaxed work enviorment

ProsThis company cares about its employees

ConsLots of gossip amongst coworkers

Great part time employment.

Mandate Merchandiser (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a very good job for someone wanting part time hours. Mandate teams work a set schedule every week. We work a four day work week. The usual work day is six hours.

ConsNot everyone on a team is at the same experience/ability level.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeems to not always be in touch with what is going on in the field. It is sometimes difficult to get problems resolved. Sometimes difficult to get a response to issues in a timely manner.

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!