Acosta Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
2.8

Acosta President, CEO, and Director Robert Hill
Robert Hill

Pros
  • The projects are compelling, they have work life balance as well (in 19 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, good communication with account managers (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no raises--just more work (in 27 reviews)

• Below industry wages for mid and upper management positions (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

OK place

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

the people you work with are amazing

Cons

lack of hours make it awful

Alright company

I have been working at Acosta

Pros

Flexible, time off, people skills

Cons

No salary increase, no raises

if I could give 0 stars I would

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser  in  Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the only positive thing I can say all other team mates i have met are all great and my direct manager which I have known for a while is fantastic.

Cons

I didnt ask to work for Acosta. I was aquired with another company that Acosta bought and things havent been the same.... hourly pay cut and far less hours.

how do you expect people to make a living and pay their bills? pay industry competitive wages not below then maybe there wouldnt be such a big turn over.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK for a part time job

Current Employee - Reset Specialist
    Current Employee - Reset Specialist

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-5 weeks unpaid time off each year. You are off for a week during Easter, Memorial day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
    -Flexible scheduling.
    -Very easy work.

Cons

-NO RAISES!!!! Yet Acosta keeps buying up small marketing companies.
    -My Day to day supervisor doesn't even work for Acosta. She works for SAS. My Acosta supervisor {whom I have never met or even spoken with) writes my annual review with no input from my day to day supervisor. What a joke.
    -No room for growth or advancement.

How about sharing the love and giving the people in the trenches a raise. We do all the hard work and get nothing in return.

Ehhh, could be better!

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours, just not enough for me. Good co-workers generally.

Cons

Very few benefits. Vacation time is accrued according to the hours you work and cannot be carried over to the next year. If you leave mid year, you have to give it all back for that year. Not cool. Pay is low and no raises! Little chance of advancement.

Pay more. Offer more benefits to part-timers that work unGodly hours (5am-1pm) like I have. Management at lower levels don't care how inconvenient it is for you to get a job done. Just get it done! Very little to no work around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Insightful...Enjoyable...Entry Level Experience, but I had a fantastic Boss!

Former Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser  in  Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser in Asheville, NC

I worked at Acosta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have to admit that the best Pro comment I can make is in regards to my Unit Manager. She (TH), without any doubt, was the most pleasant, enjoyable and professional "boss" I have ever worked for...ever, and that speaks a great deal (I have been in the workforce for 45 years). Though new to her position, she approached every day and every thing with a positive outlook and friendly, relaxed style, able to stress importance and urgency of tasks without being dictatorial and threatening (the current day mis-management style so many companies are using). She allowed me the space (freedom) I needed to perform my duties and responsibilities, understood and respected my experience, and did not "over manage" me. What a refreshing experience in today's retail environment! Thank you (TH) for a very enjoyable working experience.
    I was also blessed with being able to meet, and work alongside, some very dedicated, hard-working associates that Walmart is lucky to have. Sadly, no matter what store in what market location, they go extremely unappreciated by store management as well as by Walmart. It even appears, to outsiders like me, that Walmart must be teaching this horrible style of management to their management personnel because it runs, in varying degree's, at every single location. Everyone, in today's workforce, is being asked to do more with/for less every day. Everyone is living with more and more pressures every day, which is why it is important today, more than ever before, to treat fellow workers, at every level, with respect, consistency and a touch of humanity.
    As a Retail Coverage Merchandiser (RCM) you are at a very entry level position. I likened it to being the ground supporting the corporate ladder. The position is designed to assist your accounts, mine being area Walmart's and Sam's Club's, in fulfilling merchandising and promotional activity of specific wholesaler's, mine being Kraft Foods and Proctor & Gamble. You are there to help the customers...your accounts...your clients...your company. Everybody wins! If the accounts would only embrace your presence, which they do not.
    Acosta's overall benefits package is respectable.
    Work-life balance in pretty good alignment.
    I can not speak toward opportunities for advancement because that was not my particular goal or motivation.
    I appreciated the opportunity to work for Acosta, it simply did not pay well enough to continue.

Cons

The pay is minimal...mileage reimbursement is extremely inferior (it should be illegal)...but you do know that going in.
    Clients appear to, occasionally, fall into today's "micro-mis-management" style when technology provides too much information and companies don't really know what it all means, let alone, what to do with it. Decision making needs to be made out in the field, not from behind a desk. Lessons, good and bad, are better taught and learned hands-on, not in the sterile and protected environment of the office with you head stuck behind the latest electronic contraption. Hopefully, some day, someone will again realize that simplification, real education and experience can be a very successful, beneficial and profitable business model.
    But, by far, the greatest CON is to witness, up close and personal on an every day basis, the deteriorating, debilitating management style running rampant by large corporations to "bully" and "threaten" their employees to do what they "think" is best for their own selfish job security and future. Shame on Walmart and to all the other "followers" that have bought in to their horrible example of Human Relations. Grow a pair, stop being a follower, and learn how to lead!

Acosta does know how to put their best foot forward in it's perception to their associates, and they are actively trying to grow their business every single day. A reasonable goal indeed, but Acosta takes it to the point where field personnel are actually working in competition with products they represent. For example, if you are representing two competitive brands of coffee, who is the real winner? Acosta of course, they get paid by both!
    Just a word to the wise...don't eat too much of the pie...you might be enjoying it's taste and flavor right now, but you might end up with a tummy ache in the end!

Retail Continuity Manager/Territory manager

Former Employee - Retail Continuity Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Continuity Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Acosta part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling if you are part time. When business was good they did give part time and full time people a nominal holiday bonus.

Cons

Never received a pay raise in the 4 years that I worked for them. This is common among all RCM's. Even though I received great performance evaluations they do not give pay raises. They really do not seem to care about the people at retail. They negotiate a contract with a vendor for 3 years and then hire people for a team and that is your rate of pay until the contract ends or the account renews. Mileage for your travel barely covers your gas, not to mention wear and tear on your auto or blown tires, or oil changes. The focus is on the business managers and paying them bonuses.

Pay your retail people more and reward them when they succeed with pay increases. It is demoralizing to not get even a quarter annually. Give them better mileage and compensate them for wear and tear on their car fairly.

Not a long term Position

I worked at Acosta part-time

Pros

Control your only schedule and work pace.

Cons

Limited hours to work, no extra hours

A good part time job

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Acosta part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working on your own is a good thing

Cons

A lot of driving, no raises

Great place to get experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Acosta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance, personal growth, relaxed environment

Cons

You have to own your development.

Invest in your people

Worked for Acosta? Contribute to the Community!