Acquia

Acquia Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2014

Acquia CEO Thomas Erickson

Thomas Erickson

Great experience but growing pains still exist

I have been working at Acquia

ProsThe community and culture created by the employees is fantastic. The opportunity to get in to a rapidly growing company, pre-IPO, should inspire many. You get a very tangible sense of customer satisfaction.

ConsAs Acquia is still growing and finding its feet, there are a lot of internal decision making processes that are not yet ironed out. Employee advocacy and feedback could be improved.

Awesome Experience

I have been working at Acquia full-time for more than a year

ProsMoving really fast. There's a lot happening which makes it a very interesting employer. Technically very challenging when you are an engineer. Also as a client advisor there is not a single day you are not challenged. Not your average software job!

ConsDue to the speed of growth, there are some pains and structures that are not always very clear.

Drinking from the Fire Hose

Technical Account Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Acquia full-time for less than a year

ProsHigh profile clients, The absolute best technical knowledge in the industry, bar none, very FUN oriented corporate culture. Great pay and benefits. Client Advocacy is a primary focus.

Tom Erickson is a very motivated and inspiring CEO. In fact, all of the upper Management has been nothing, if not interested in cultivating excellence in their employees.

I LOVE this job.

ConsProcess is constantly evolving... it is hard to keep up with the changes. The company is rapidly growing... so it feels like it is always a little understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. Remain responsive to your team, as well as your clients.

How to be successful in sales - Acquia will teach you how!

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acquia full-time for less than a year

ProsFantastic sales training program for driving the sales cycle, understanding the vast suite of products and what it takes to be a top rep in the technology sales business. Best training I've ever been through and would highly recommend to my peers.

ConsIf your goal is to be successful and grow as a salesperson then this is the place for you.

Sep 29, 2013

Thanks for this note. Great to see your perspective on the investment we make in our people, given that it's also a high pressure environment focused on success for the individuals, their teams and ... More

4 years and going strong

I have been working at Acquia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI've been with the company for 4 years now. As a Sr. manager within the organization, I tell people all the time - this is absolutely the best group of people I have ever worked with. People are honest, ethical, work their tails off and collaborate very well. I truly enjoy my co-workers, the space, and the culture at Acquia.

ConsSometimes tough to turn off, but it is part of being a part of a fast growing, exciting company. It "comes with the territory."

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on hiring based upon cultural fit - single biggest contributor to the great company we have built.

Sep 17, 2013

Thanks for the post. Building a market changing offering takes extreme amounts of effort and Acquia appreciates the work that you and the others have done. As one of the longest serving Acquians ... More

Great place to work

Technical Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acquia full-time for more than a year

ProsFocus on communication, no person left out, diversity, awesome learning opportunities

ConsFast pace, always changing, senior management separation, lack of follow through

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on accountability, use more personality training across the board, implement peer review based incentives that are not a popularity contest

Aug 9, 2013

On behalf of Michael Krause ..

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you feel Acquia is a great place to work. Part of what makes it a great place for learning is the pace, which as you point out ... More

Good for your career, bad for your family

Engineer (Former Employee)
Burlington, MA

I worked at Acquia full-time for more than a year

ProsLot's to learn, lot's to do. Snack and drinks are a very nice thing to have. They try really hard to have a positive culture. Will look fantastic on your resume.

ConsNo project ownership. Many tasks are refactoring code, fixing bugs, or worse, adding features without any chance to fix the underlying code. Way to much process, easy to get held up for a week. Management gives no feedback until it's to late. Reviews are mandatory but don't matter when it comes to pay considerations. Some team members work constantly, at all hours and every day. This makes a 50-60 hour week light in comparison, and management encourages you to complete more projects to 'get on par'.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut some process, be prompt with feedback and expectations, encourage project ownership and discourage project pirates.

Aug 9, 2013

On behalf of Chris Brookins ......

We're sorry you had a negative experience, but glad you agree as many do that Acquia is a great place to build your career.

re: your points, I'd like to ... More

Fantastic company to work for

I have been working at Acquia full-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture and people that encompasses Acquia are unparalleled. Every day is enjoyable and people truly do look forward to collaborating.

ConsFeedback and performance reviews are not systematic or regular. You have to seek it out yourself and expectations are often unclear.

Aug 9, 2013

Thanks for your review. As the CEO, all comments are sought as we endeavor to create a great company with a long term future. We're very happy that you are having such a great experience.

It's ... More

Conducting user experience research

I have been working at Acquia

ProsSmart and talented people, passion, work on interesting problems

ConsStart up, compensation, located in the burbs

Aug 9, 2013

Glad you're enjoying Acquia. Yup on the smart, talented people. I love it to. And yup on the startup, compensation and burbs thing. All facts of life. Hopefully, we will continue to see great ... More

No work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Acquia full-time for less than a year

ProsFun atmosphere, being a part of company that is growing rapidly. there are plenty of activities that work to bring the teams together, and plenty of free beer to fill those activities. For the most part there are a lot of great people there but that is changing quickly.

ConsNo work life balance at all and there is no room for error. They like to think that they are all having fun and it's great to be there but I think they do that to disguise the hours that you have to be there. Even if you are done with your work and have nothing to do, don't even think about leaving before 6:30. Even if it's a family emergency

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach! and take sometime to work with your employees to reach a goal

Aug 9, 2013

I'm confused by your comments. In Pros, you admit its a fun atmosphere. In Cons, you state that folks are disguising their fun. I agree that it's hard work. That's the nature of a start-up, and ... More

Worked for Acquia? Contribute to the Community!

Acquia Videos

Acquia – Why Work for Us?

Acquia is where great digital experiences begin. Our digital innovation platform empowers market-leading enterprise organizations to move at the speed of the web, providing agility, integration and resiliency… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acquia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acquia CEO Thomas Erickson. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Acquia employees.