Acquia

Acquia Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Acquia CEO Thomas Erickson

Thomas Erickson

Incredible opportunity - seize the moment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsAcquia is an incredible place to work and an amazing opportunity for employees. It has very mature sales operations and marketing processes as well as a great professional services and support team. Prospects are plentiful and the demand for the products and services is very high. Customer satisfaction appears high.

Employees are passionate, intelligent and a pleasure to spend time with and they have a great can-do attitude across the globe. The leadership team is very experienced and approachable and the open door policy is refreshing. They are willing to listen to ideas and suggestions and you feel empowered to make decisions and own things.

With the momentum of open source and Drupal and the rise of the importance of digital within Enterprise organisations, Acquia is definitely on track to grow and grow and if you seize the moment and are along for the ride, you'll be handsomely rewarded!

ConsAs with any growing company, there are some issues and problems that crop up but they are becoming less and less and the ones that do are more day to day operational ones that any business experiences.
    The pace is hectic and you can feel pushed and pulled in all directions. You need to be organised to cope with the demands but that's how any work hard, play hard company operates.

Opportunities like this are rare....

Sales (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsI have been here since the start of 2014 - with 25 years of experience in the IT industry I have seen both good and bad across large and small and I have to say that organisations like this are rare. It has a compelling combination of capable people, high ambition, significant opportunity and great leadership. Acquia's value proposition is unique in the industry and it is fuelled by a group of people who want to make a difference. It is said that you only do something in life for one of three reasons 1/ To make money 2/ To have fun and 3/ To learn new things - here you have the chance to do all three. For those who are just starting out in your careers enjoy it and make the most of the experiences it will give you - this is the benchmark by which you should measure future roles - I suspect many will be found wanting.

ConsIt is a performance culture. It will challenge you, require hard work and will need your commitment. If you are averse to any of those then this is not for you. To be clear - all progress takes place outside the comfort zone but that is where the adventure begins! Yes Acquia is still finding its way and some things don't work but we are a young company and in exciting times. Acquia does not get everything right but it recognises that and everyone is empowered and challenged to make it better. Those who know LEAN principles or KANBAN will understand the power of this in building successful organisations. It values its people, their skills and talents but it does not accept passengers - everyone has their hands on the wheel here.

Advice to Senior Management1/ We seem very process heavy and they are not always well documented or clear. 2/ More coaching and support around the onboarding side of things would help - there is a lot to take on and it changes quickly. 3/ Introduce "beer Friday" or even better "beer and pizza Friday"! Finally, 4/ would be good to see us do something for the "community" side of things here in EMEA - would help with the team building etc.

Drinking from the Fire Hose

Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHigh profile clients, The absolute best technical knowledge in the industry, bar none, very FUN oriented corporate culture. Great pay and benefits. Client Advocacy is a primary focus.

Tom Erickson is a very motivated and inspiring CEO. In fact, all of the upper Management has been nothing, if not interested in cultivating excellence in their employees.

I LOVE this job.

ConsProcess is constantly evolving... it is hard to keep up with the changes. The company is rapidly growing... so it feels like it is always a little understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. Remain responsive to your team, as well as your clients.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have ever worked for

ProsDynamic. Awesome product. Awesome, passionate people. World changing open-source philosophy guides all development.

ConsToo much of the team is distributed

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain commitment to product excellence and don't allow sales to dictate direction.

Fantastic learning experience

Customer Support Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat work atmosphere; opporunities to learn new technologies; lots of fun events; dynamic leadership; great growth potential for the company; flexible work timings and unlimited snacks and drink!

ConsCompany sponsors H1B visas in very rare cases; Acquia has some of the best Drupalists as a result, you feel overshadowed sometimes as a fresher; doesnot care much about temporary employees; Sometimes appreciation for good work is non-existant!

Advice to Senior ManagementAcquia is an awesome place to work and learn all in all; and, as a result, I would still give the company a 5* rating!

Best place I have ever worked, by FAR!

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsWhen I first came to Acquia from an inside sales job at another high tech startup, I didn't know much about Open Source, nor Drupal. I now feel like I'm on the fastest pace rocket ship that I've ever been on! Drupal is used on over 1,000,000 public facing websites, and Acquia is perfectly positioned to be one of *the* next generation Web companies in the World, to take advantage of this trend. Our sales team has over achieved its goals every quarter that I've been here, - by 2X some quarters. In fact, the Management team set a bar for the Company to achieve a "super stretch" goal - and offered a trip for the entire company - and we just hit that goal! The people are great - a consummate team atmosphere, the management team is extremely supportive & helpful, and the culture is very dynamic & open. I feel blessed to be here.

ConsOne of the only downsides is that it's so much fun to work here, it is hard to disconnect at night and on the weekends! But I guess if you love what you do, it's hardly a downside.... I guess the only other thing is the Woburn location. Would be nice to be a little closer to the City.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing exactly what you are doing. You have made Acquia a highly desired place to work.

Awesome Experience

ProsMoving really fast. There's a lot happening which makes it a very interesting employer. Technically very challenging when you are an engineer. Also as a client advisor there is not a single day you are not challenged. Not your average software job!

ConsDue to the speed of growth, there are some pains and structures that are not always very clear.

Good company, good people, some of them working on interesting problems

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly place to work. Very smart people. Lot's of freedom.

ConsBe wary of getting worked into the ground.

Acquia

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsFast growing, fast paced, road to success.

ConsLack of work/life balance, lack of transparency on some decisions.

Great company but management still experiencing teething problems.

ProsThis company has great potential with some amazing success stories over the last few years. Great rates of pay.

ConsVery little training provided. Expected to work several extra hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementDysfuntional Management still need to be more realistic about their goals and there is too much overruling.

Worked for Acquia? Contribute to the Community!