Acquirent

Sr. Sales Executive

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Acquirent

Pros

They look out for you. If you work hard and take your seriously they will look out for you. There is no room for Slackers here. Instead, ACQ is great place to hone your professional skills - Sales especially. This is an Organization where SR MGMT is sitting in the Cube Next to you so they can share their expertise and support you not watch over you. They work hard to make sure you are trained and prepared to close deals if you have drive, the grit you will do well.
    They treat you like family - if you care they will too. I was in the hospital for a 3 week period and they told my wife not to worry about my income. I received a full months salary despite not being able to work. No other company would do that for you.
    They open doors. Reliable employees often have the opportunity to be hired by clients, move to more lucrative accounts if possible. This exposure to the business world can prove invaluable.
    Most importantly, they work very hard to bring integrity to sales - they focus on consultative, collaborative, value-based sales approach as opposed more negative approaches.

Cons

As a client-facing, services organization, margins are slim and up word mobility is limited for only those that excel in a tough sales culture. You will not make your fortune here but you will have a place to develop the skills that will lead you to earn that fortune down the rod.

Dials, dials, dials

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I worked at Acquirent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some really cool people! Free snacks and the owners are very accessible. There is a lot of potential for the company but they would need to change their focus before that happens. Great place for entry level sales people.

Cons

They are literally obsessed with the word "dials". I'm not kidding when I say that's all they care about. Generally you have to hit at least 50 dials a day, but depending on the account you're on it could be more. If you hit your dials, but don't hit your weekly "goals" (most accounts are just setting appts for sales reps), you'll be alright. But if you exceed your weekly goal and are short dials, be prepared to be lectured!! I always thought the point of a dial goal was to help you hit your sales goals but not for them. It's a little weird actually. It could be a great company but unfortunately they're going no where because they focus on the wrong things. There is definitely no room for growth so if you do work there, plan on being there a year or less.

Find a new way to motivate and manage. Seriously, quit worrying so much about dials and focus on results instead.

Great Place For Inside B2B Sales

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have only been here for a short time, but have been welcomed by everyone that I have come into contact with. Being a young professional, you are among many people in the same situation or experience level. I have never worked at a company that has the CEO and VP right in the middle of the sales floor. They are among the salespeople and are constantly selling as well. There seems to be a lot of support both within training and within the friendly competitiveness on each account.

Cons

The only real con I can see is there is not a whole lot of room for growth, but that comes with the territory of working for a company like Acquirent. Clients can hire you in directly, but that is the only true growth opportunity. Things can also be different depending on which account you are on, with some being very basic telemarketing type jobs and others being full sales cycles.

Great environment to develop and refine B2B inside sales skills.

I have been working at Acquirent

Pros

Tons of support and training. The management is committed to developing their teams, and helping them grow in their sales career.

Cons

None that I can speak of.

The right kind of company.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No hyperbole: Acquirent puts PEOPLE before profit and is very transparent. Revenue is put back towards the business, not hoarded by the CEO, who only does well if you do. Additionally, you also get to support the small businesses and startups of the future, which is important to local, regional, and national economies.

Cons

Not top dollar. You can probably get paid more somewhere else but you probably won't be treated as well.

Keep doing it. It's never going to be an easy market to tap but you're doing great things.

" A Prospect Client"

I have been working at Acquirent

Pros

I am prospect client looking at using Acquirent to do my sales for my company. If I wasn't a business owner, I would come work for this company. I like how they offer young professionals a chance to learn important business skillsets in a positive environment. We look forward to having you guys do sales for our medical billing business.

Cons

you get out of it what you put in....

Geoff I am very impressed with your company.

Best Start to a Sales Career

Current Employee - Client Direct, Sales Banking in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Client Direct, Sales Banking in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The thing that I like most about Acquirent is the sales training that they provide new hires. I didn't come into this company with a background in sales but they are quickly bringing me up to speed. The managers and partners are very personable and there is a very much a community culture even though people may work on different accounts.

Cons

The headsets that we use are old and in poor shape. The office does have some good ones but it is a system of seniority to get a hold of them.

This is a fun place to come to work. I think more call competitions to get out early on Friday would be a good idea. Seems to be pretty good motivation for the sales floor.

Best of both worlds

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a place where the folks that run the company care deeply about the success of their teammates. It has the fun feel of a start-up, but the maturity and resources of a company that has been around for awhile. The biggest pull for me is the energy of its leaders; they are knowledgeable, positive, and animated with a clear passion for what they do. There is a lot of fantastic training, mentorship, and management that happens here on a daily basis, and I definitely feel like my career has been enriched by this experience so far. I cannot wait to see what happens here next!

Cons

None come to mind immediately

Acquirent is a great place to start a sales career

Current Employee - Account Representative in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Acquirent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Acquirent offers a lot of ongoing sales training and has a readily available and supportive staff of managers. The CEO sits on the same sales floor as everyone else and pounds the phones just as hard as anyone else. If you want to start a career in sales you can't go wrong with Acquirent. Prepare to learn the basics with a company that ethically pursues a high level of achievement based on hard work and personal development. I am 5 years and 4 jobs removed from college and have seen some truly terrible companies and terrible displays of ethic codes, so if you would like to avoid that you can come to Acquirent and gain some true perspective of the right way to do things. They also support their employee's growth and will not stand in the way of you joining the staff of the client you work with.

Cons

The majority of jobs here are entry level, so if you are looking for that higher level of compensation/commissions right off the bat, you might want to keep looking. However, the compensation is generally right on pace for industry averages.

Keep doing what you are doing and thank you for the opportunities.

A professional's nightmare. An idiot's paradise. A degree wasting unfortunate sinkhole for anyone with intelligence.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Evanston, IL

I worked at Acquirent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Snack cabinet: The geniuses that operate this small struggling company continue to include money for employee snacks in their budget

Cons

(Insert every possible thing about a company that could suck, here)

Upper Management: Two of you three have true talent, as a younger adult searching for a real mentor in the professional world, it was painful to look up to people who put so much into a company like this one. Take your talents to a more stable and fruitful company.
    Middle Management: Almost all of you deserve what you get from Acquirent. I wouldn't give you advice even if I had some.

Acquirent Response

Oct 8, 2014Executive Vice President

Wow. I am sorry you had such a poor experience at Acquirent. We pride ourselves on providing not only a phenomenal sales environment (due to the people we hire....especially our talented management ... More