Acquirent

Acquirent Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Acquirent Chairman and CEO Joseph Flanagan

Joseph Flanagan

Great atmosphere and company overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere is great and very positive. The partners Joe, Geoff and Jeff are awesome and very knowledgeable..so spend as much time around them as you can. Most of the managers are pretty cool too. They do put a lot of effort in to their training. Great for someone right out of college because it really does teach you a lot.

ConsThere is really no room for advancement at all. The salary is definitely really low compared to a lot of other sales jobs so if you have any experience in the field this probably isn't the right place for you. Also, the focus most of the time is the quantity of calls you're making, not the quality. They're very strict on the 8-5 because there is a morning meeting every day which gets a little redundant. Also this is inside sales so it can get boring real quick because a lot of the accounts aren't really sales it's just appointment setting. (Although that's most inside sales jobs).

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the quality of people's conversations and not the dial requirement and don't micromanage!! Otherwise, you're doing a great job.

Bubble Gum Company

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsLocation-It's close to public transportation

ConsInstability-they put people on accounts based on how they look, not based on their skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain the good reps instead of allowing them to leave.

Flag Review
    Acquirent Executive Vice President responded to this review Jul 1, 2014 EditDelete
    Thanks for your feedback and candor. I am sorry that you had a negative experience at Acquirent. We pride ourselves on being an amazing place to work and on having an open door policy throughout ... More

Get place to learn about sales!

Prosit was my first professional job and I learned a lot about sales. The company offers a lot of different opportunities to learn about sales techniques.

ConsBase salary is low and there isn't a lot of opportunity outside of sales.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More than a great sales company, Acquirent is a great sales training company.

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsLively and encouraging environment, great sense of camaraderie, great management, consistent, great integration of technology.

ConsNothing too far from any other cold-calling sales job. Only thing is that there is no real room for growth within the company. They only hire their management from outside the company. However, it is an inside sales outsourcing company so it is possible to be pick up by the client you sell for, which is definitely growth. Acquirent acknowledges that as well, and is happy to watch its employees grow and progress to better things.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe on time and do your best.

This is the best company Ever!

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsThe company culture is awesome. They offer every single tool possible to help reps become successful. Including mentors, daily motivation and incredible support from knowledgeable management.

ConsThe sales role can be tough, you must have tough skin. However that's an indivual trait, and doesn't reflect on the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Doing what you do. Its because of management and the company dynamic, why we enjoy coming in everyday.

Flag Review
    Acquirent Executive Vice President responded to this review Mar 24, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you very much for the great feedback. We all try very hard to make this a great place to come to work. The culture is a reflection of the fantastic people we have in this organization. This ... More

Perfect environment for young sales people

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsCompetitive atmosphere with a solid management team who provides you with the tools to be successful.

ConsWinter Commute from the city can be a drag

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the positive attitude towards your sales people, the morning meetings are a great way to start the day.

Acquirent is a great place to learn, grow and develop in your sales career

Evanston, IL

ProsLots of sales training and support. Opportunity to work in different industries/sales cycles/type of sale. The partner's really care about their employees. The company has grown a lot in a short period of time.

ConsAcquirent would benefit from more bandwidth and managers. Acquirent needs stronger career pathing. Each account is unique and has it's own strengths and challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorning meetings are fantastic and a great way to start the day.

Great concept, good company, hit or miss clients.

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsLots of great, fun, young people who like to work hard and play hard. Relatively flat hierarchy, so it's easy to get the ear of management when you need something.

ConsAs a sales company, you get a fairly small salary and the rest comes from commissions. The potential earnings vary greatly depending on the project (client) to whom you are assigned. Unfortunately, many projects are either trial runs for unproven products, or clients with a limited budget that cant afford to fund the project long enough for the sales team to gain traction. As such, some teams were very successful and profitable, while others were stuck for long periods of time on projects that weren't very lucrative.

Flag Review
    Thanks for your candor and feedback. I agree with you that one of our biggest strengths is our people. We can't stress that enough. One of the challenges (but exciting parts) we face is dealing ... More

Great place to start sales career

Sales Executive (Former Employee)
    Evanston, IL

Pros- Fun co-workers. Young atmosphere with majority of people in their 20's
    - Joe, Geoff, and Jeff are great guys to work for and promote team environment
    - Very dependent on what account you sell for- Some are strictly telemarketing/cold calling others are account management
    - Free snacks/fruit
    - Close to L and Metra
    - Very nice, new office space

ConsAt first, the morning meetings are fun, but after a while they are pretty annoying. Unless a guest speaker comes in please decrease the frequency.
    -Located in Evanston, which can go either way(best Chicago suburb, but not downtown)
    -As I said earlier, completely dependent on account. Some are horrible and some are solid
    - Base Salary is decent at best(20k-40k + commissions). Doubtful any reps made 6 figures
    - Limited opportunities for growth within the company- very few get promoted, some people get hired directly by clients
    - Very high turnover- as with most entry level sales positions, people are constantly coming and going. Average person is there 6 months to year

Great culture, Great leadership, Great Company to Begin your career.

ProsEnergetic Positive Diverse Company Culture

Conslimited upward movement and high turnover

Worked for Acquirent? Contribute to the Community!

Acquirent Videos

Acquirent – Why Work for Us?

Pronounced Ac’-quire-nt, our name is a combination of the words “acquire” and “client”. There’s nothing better than having the name on the door be a constant reminder of our core mission: To help our clients build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acquirent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acquirent CEO Joseph Flanagan. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Acquirent employees.