Acquity Group

Updated Mar 12, 2014

Not yet rated.

Jay Dettling

41 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very smart, fun people to work with, and some good career growth opportunities within the organization.

I worked at Acquity Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people, the interesting projects, advancement opportunities

ConsCompany grew very quickly, resulting in some disorganization and constantly changing internal initiatives (organization of business units would change every year or so). This may have changed as the company was recently acquired by Accenture.

High Turnover

Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Acquity Group for less than a year

ProsIn my mind, the acquisition by Accenture was a good thing. Very few agree.

ConsPoor morale. Low energy and enthusiasm. High turnover. The company struggles with an inability to find the talent necessary to keep up with growth expectations. Old equipment. Disorganized. Poor communication. Very young and inexperienced. More senior professionals will likely feel like they are working with interns, which can be very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to adopt the Accenture way of doing things, you're going to need to make changes among leadership in areas of corporate support that is left over from a very different company. They're caught up in the old way of doing business.

Horrible! Never join!

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Acquity Group full-time for less than a year

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsNo 401K match, no clear vacation policy, horrible management. Even though Accenture has acquired them, operating management is the same. They have failed in delivering every project they have taken up, the list is endless.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccenture should fire all the Acquity management folks

Great people, terrible execution

I worked at Acquity Group full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are awesome, smart and willing to work hard. Salary & compensation is above average.

ConsTravel isn't always the greatest (up to 100%). Management leaves you out on an "island" at the client sites and doesn't always have your back (in an attempt to keep the client happy).

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the "peons" in the field, at the client sites. They have a better read on the project status than you do. Feel free to say "No" to a client every once and awhile - show some backbone and protect the people doing the actual work.

Do not do business with this organization, unless it dramatically changes

I worked at Acquity Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some amazingly talented creative people within this organization. The concept of "Career Managers" is one that should be carried forward after the merging is complete.

ConsI wouldn't wish working for this company on my enemies. The project management is unforgivably terrible. The client partnership is unaware of the capabilities and limitations of the creative and technical staff; they consistently will say or do anything to get the client in the door, and lean on creative and technology to pick up the slack... and eventually on legal to mitigate a gross failure to manage expectations. The ethical accountability of the staff borders on legitimate criminality.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn this day and age, you live long enough to be bought and swallowed by a big fish, and it appears you did just that. I have considerable doubts that Accenture Interactive will be a positive change for the clients and associates within the organization. Morale issues have contributed to massive attrition in creative (especially front end development), and this must be addressed. As Accenture is now the accountable stakeholder, there is one strong point that you must address:

Reel in your sales force and client partners and SAY NO to unrealistic requests (or give realistic responses). Acquity has a very negative established reputation in this respect, and you will not only have to address the cause but spend (probably) years in damage control to repair the trust lost in the marketplace as a whole.

Not for the faint at heart...

I worked at Acquity Group full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with bright, motivated people, something new everyday.

ConsExtremely fast paced, things are changing at lightening speed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to listen to employees.

Poor leadership losing touch with a once great workforce

Creative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acquity Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- A few really intelligent people
- Free soda

Cons- No 401k match
- Poor communication
- Disconnection between sales team and delivery team
- Super high attrition
- Layoffs of quality, high-performing employees - with no clear reason
- Nonexistent career support

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. When employees frequently ask for 401k matching, don't turn it into a recurring joke. There needs to be a serious effort to admit mistakes and rebuild a very fragile relationship between the employees and leadership.

Good, but not great

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acquity Group full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat pay from employer. Room to grow for the hungry. 'Go and get it' mentality is adored here.

ConsDull culture, overworked staff. Poor management. Hiring and firing often.

Stay away!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Acquity Group full-time for less than a year

ProsStrong in strategy work , I believe there are a few smart people left in the organization.
Free soda!

ConsThey hire in masses, hire experienced people as Sr Managers and Directors and ask them to do development/coding ! Project pipeline not very strong now. Rumor is that they had 2 rounds of layoffs already - may be many more to come the way they are losing clients.

I am not adding anything on the benefits part as anyway it is pathetic and many others have already highlighted the same.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to grow up as an organization, listen to your employees and plan properly.

Acquity Group

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Acquity Group full-time

Pros- Great Management and fun culture.

Cons- It's all up to you to create leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more training.

Worked for Acquity Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acquity Group reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acquity Group CEO Jay Dettling. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Acquity Group employees.