Acres Group Reviews

Jim Schwantz

There's always a Bright, Growing, Future at Acres Group

Former Employee - Customer Service Sales Representative in Plainfield, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Sales Representative in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Acres Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Acres Group is a great landscaping firm to work. During my summer internship at the company, the sales team, production team, and management teams worked at a very challenging, fast-pace with the clients and laborers. The company offers great hands on training and benefits, great co-workers, and has boundless opportunites.

Cons

Acres Group is a great place to work, the worst part is when the weather doesn't agree with the job that needs to be done!

Warm, professional, inviting

Current Employee - Manager of IT in Wauconda, IL
    Current Employee - Manager of IT in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Acres Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small Company, Family owned. You can really make a difference here, contributing to the overall team efforts.

Cons

none that I know of at this time.

Former employee.

Former Employee - Landscape/Laborer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Landscape/Laborer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Acres Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked for the company a short time and it was a great time. They really was keen on safety. Everyone was professional. The crew I worked with was really hard working. The manager Oscar, was very involved with the employees including working with them. I really liked the Area Manager Armando, because I respected his honesty. Overall Four Stars.

Cons

The only con I have is not enough diversity. I'm sure there are others who would be willing to work if they knew more about the company.

Most of the literature was in Spanish including my time card. I really think other people should be given a chance to work.

The Best Place for the Best People to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Acres Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Acres Group is the largest independent landscape contractor in the state, and Acres focuses on commercial maintenance and snow removal.

Acres Group has always welcomed me and made me feel comfortable on my career path through; various trainings, project opportunities, a team oriented mentality, a customizable career path and a company culture tailored to Acres Group values. Acres Group expresses confidence in me and my ability to do my job, which makes me feel secure, and part of a family.

Cons

At times the work environment can get intense. Within transitional periods, the workload suddenly, but temporarily increases. The sudden increase in work load creates a fast paced work enviorenment. I wouldn’t put this 100% on the company, but more so on the state of the economy, housing market & the industry. It's a reflection of the times.

This is not a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I have been working at Acres Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The only reason to work here would be to get some experience in the landscape industry or in administrative work, if it was convenient and you don't have any better options.

Cons

This is a small, privately owned landscape contractor with some pretty big accounts in Lake County, but they have consistently lost their best, long term employees because of the way they treat them. Lack of respect, management paranoia, and a nasty habit of spying on employees instead of developing them leaves them without a loyal or productive group of employees.

Acres management needs to work on their level of professionalism and business acumen and focus on building their employer brand instead of listening around every corner for any hint of discontent or disloyalty.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wauconda, IL

I worked at Acres Group

Pros

I was always challenged and expected to learn more.

Cons

Management's inability to set clear goals and/or keep to those goals.