Acro Reviews

Acro President & CEO Ron Shahani
Ron Shahani

Challenging, team-oriented workplace

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

Employees and management are welcoming and kind. Great camaraderie in the office. Challenging work environment. Good work/life balance. Many fun events are planned throughout the year in order to keep employees engaged.

Cons

Even though most positions involve a high level of autonomy, it feels as though you must rely on others for bits and pieces of information just to get your own tasks done. One task can never be accomplished without gathering information from a handful of people. In these cases, coworkers can be slow to get information back to you making the work day stressful and hard to accomplish anything. The internal system that is used is a large part of this problem that interrupts productivity. This system should work to our advantage and assist everyone in getting their work done more efficiently, but instead, much of the important information is missing and not entered in a timely manner. The system needs to be updated as it appears it is from the 90s.

Continue to encourage employees and make them feel appreciated.

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! Acro is a "Challenging, team-oriented workplace" and we are delighted to have you on our team. We realize that as any company grows the challenge is to grow the ... More

A company you would want to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good Work Culture
    - Lot of activities besides work to keep everyone connected & motivated
    - Top management willing to guide and help
    - Diverse working environment

Cons

- Moderate pay
    - No canteen :/

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! Acro does want to be a "company you would want to work for" and we continue to strive to make it as such every day, we are glad to have you on our team!

Great Company to Work For and Grow With!

I have been working at Acro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Acro offers great stability, personal and professional growth, great coworkers, an excellent work environment, and terrific recognition events and appreciation programs. I look forward to coming to work with such a great team everyday!

Cons

As with any company, rapid growth has led to some process and workload issues - but these continue to be addressed and resolved. Upgrading technology and processes is also a focus due to growth and these issues continue to be addressed as well. Continue automating where possible to reduce need for manual processes and improve efficiencies.

Continue to stay true to the Company's core values as the business grows. Great job on recognizing and showing appreciation to your employees. Consider focusing on upgrading technology and processes to eliminate manual work and automate where able to improve productivity and efficiencies, certainly there will be expenses initially to do so, but ultimately the ROI will produce results directly affecting the company's "bottom-line"!

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We agree, Acro is a "Great Company to Work For and Grow With!" In fact, we were just named to the 2014 list of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

I have been working at Acro full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really like that there is a lot of autonomy. There is very little micro managing and you are trusted to do your job. I like that they are making attempts at improving their fringe benefits by incorporating a wellness initiative. I also think that management is very flexible and understanding which promotes a healthy work/life balance. Most co-workers are pleasant to work with.

Cons

It seems that there is a consistent theme of nobody having an answer. It's always...who handles this? and ...how does this get done? . There is a culture of confusion and angst among most departments due to this. This does not promote a healthy working environment and leads to poor morale. There are very few clearly defined roles and again this leads to lots of confusion and angry employees. Upper management does not seem to have a sense of direction and rarely makes important decisions in a timely manner. Additionally, there seems to be a culture of "let's just fire this person" rather than "let's give this person some counseling and work through the issue" when certain issues arise with employees. This leads to lots of turnover and gives the company a bad name. Performance evaluations are done infrequently or not at all. Pay increases do not happen leading to turnover. Lack of career development, training and opportunity for advancement.

My advice
    1. Value your current employees and show them this by providing consistent and timely feedback, performance evaluations and annual merit increases.
    2. Establish clearly defined roles and ensure that the entire office knows who is responsible for each task. This will improve efficiency and morale.
    3. Don't be afraid to hire and create new positions. It seems that a lot of work is heaped onto existing employees rather than creating a new position. Acro has experienced significant growth. To keep up and to continue being in line with our competitors, it's very important that our staff grow along with our expanding business. Again, this contributes to morale and longevity among employees.
    4. When feedback is given, please use it to evaluate, make improvements and move on. Often, it seems that feedback is tossed out the window or discounted.

None

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

The majority of the people are friendly.

Cons

It would be great to be treated as an equal.

Need to live up to the philosophies of the company

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback. We make every effort to treat all of our team members with dignity and respect. The Company is proud of their philosophies and works ... More

HR in Moon

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Acro as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Everyone was very helpful, gave great instructions, great location.

Cons

learning new procedures finding way thru the building

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with Acro as a Contract Associate!

Fair and dependable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stability, challenging, variety, family oriented

Cons

Growth issues, decisions can be slow

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback. We are definitely in a growth stage and we are excited about that. We will continue to look for opportunities to streamline the ... More

Plan on staying here for a long while

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly environment, no red tape.

Cons

More formal training would be beneficial

Medical coverage: room for improvement.

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review. As stated above, we are working on developing mentoring, on the job training programs and other professional development opportunities. Also , Acro strives to ... More

Most enjoyable place to work EVER!

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

The work environment. My input is valued, my personal life is valued, and people generally focus on the work at hand and do everything they can to accomplish it. The owners are VERY nice people who run a great company and truly care about the people they employ. It's not uncommon for someone to not be working out in one job get moved to another to try.

Cons

As with any company that deals with high volumes and hard deadlines, at times people are overworked, frazzled, and can snap at each other. Some of the computer systems are antiquated which hinders productivity and smooth work flow.

Fast track implementation of a new accounting system. Upfront costs to implement will easily pay for themselves with increased capacity. Do what's best for Acro as a whole.

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review...we agree, Acro IS the "most enjoyable place to work EVER!"

Loving my job with Acro Service

Current Employee - A/R  in  Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - A/R in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a fast growing company. Fellow co-workers are always there to help one another and sharing information on how to make your job easier & more productive. The owner recognizes and appreciates all of our hard work that we put in. It is nice that it 'does not' go unnoticed. I enjoy the get-together that we have within the company from time to time, always good to put in a little fun into the mix.

Cons

At times it is frustrating when you find yourself stuck in your job because you on waiting on others for information. (it's the only thing I got for Cons) pretty good huh?

Training new employees on the job needs approving.

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We are looking into developing a "mentoring" program for new employees whereby they are given a "buddy" to help train them on process and procedures. We will ... More

Worked for Acro? Contribute to the Community!