Acro Reviews

Acro President & CEO Ron Shahani
Ron Shahani

Overall Very Good Company

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

If you are looking for a company that values its people, look no further. In my time here I've felt very valued as a person, and that my contributions are also greatly appreciated.

Cons

Acro tries to develop and support several in-house software systems; the level of this development and support is very uneven. It seems the expectations of all these systems is much higher than reality plays out. There should be a way to objectively evaluate these systems compared to others on the open market. Abraham Lincoln is quoted as saying, "He who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Allow honest discussions of computer systems to take place without pre-emptively shutting them down.

Acro Services is similar to other staffing agencies.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Acro as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

My manager is easy to talk to. He has always gotten answers to questions if I have them. The job assignment I have is a good job. I really enjoy it most days.

Cons

The biggest challenge I have with working at my assignment is the commute. This has nothing to do with the employer however. I knew when I interviewed for the position that the commute could be challenging.

During the hiring process, it would be greatly beneficial if the process were streamlined. I believe my hiring for my current position could have been handled much more professionally.

Challenging, team-oriented workplace

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

Employees and management are welcoming and kind. Great camaraderie in the office. Challenging work environment. Good work/life balance. Many fun events are planned throughout the year in order to keep employees engaged.

Cons

Even though most positions involve a high level of autonomy, it feels as though you must rely on others for bits and pieces of information just to get your own tasks done. One task can never be accomplished without gathering information from a handful of people. In these cases, coworkers can be slow to get information back to you making the work day stressful and hard to accomplish anything. The internal system that is used is a large part of this problem that interrupts productivity. This system should work to our advantage and assist everyone in getting their work done more efficiently, but instead, much of the important information is missing and not entered in a timely manner. The system needs to be updated as it appears it is from the 90s.

Continue to encourage employees and make them feel appreciated.

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! Acro is a "Challenging, team-oriented workplace" and we are delighted to have you on our team. We realize that as any company grows the challenge is to grow the ... More

A company you would want to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Good Work Culture
    - Lot of activities besides work to keep everyone connected & motivated
    - Top management willing to guide and help
    - Diverse working environment

Cons

- Moderate pay
    - No canteen :/

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! Acro does want to be a "company you would want to work for" and we continue to strive to make it as such every day, we are glad to have you on our team!

Great Company to Work For and Grow With!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Acro offers great stability, personal and professional growth, great coworkers, an excellent work environment, and terrific recognition events and appreciation programs. I look forward to coming to work with such a great team everyday!

Cons

As with any company, rapid growth has led to some process and workload issues - but these continue to be addressed and resolved. Upgrading technology and processes is also a focus due to growth and these issues continue to be addressed as well. Continue automating where possible to reduce need for manual processes and improve efficiencies.

Continue to stay true to the Company's core values as the business grows. Great job on recognizing and showing appreciation to your employees. Consider focusing on upgrading technology and processes to eliminate manual work and automate where able to improve productivity and efficiencies, certainly there will be expenses initially to do so, but ultimately the ROI will produce results directly affecting the company's "bottom-line"!

Jul 28, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We agree, Acro is a "Great Company to Work For and Grow With!" In fact, we were just named to the 2014 list of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for ... More

HR in Moon

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Acro as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone was very helpful, gave great instructions, great location.

Cons

learning new procedures finding way thru the building

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with Acro as a Contract Associate!

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like that there is a lot of autonomy. There is very little micro managing and you are trusted to do your job. I like that they are making attempts at improving their fringe benefits by incorporating a wellness initiative. I also think that management is very flexible and understanding which promotes a healthy work/life balance. Most co-workers are pleasant to work with.

Cons

It seems that there is a consistent theme of nobody having an answer. It's always...who handles this? and ...how does this get done? . There is a culture of confusion and angst among most departments due to this. This does not promote a healthy working environment and leads to poor morale. There are very few clearly defined roles and again this leads to lots of confusion and angry employees. Upper management does not seem to have a sense of direction and rarely makes important decisions in a timely manner. Additionally, there seems to be a culture of "let's just fire this person" rather than "let's give this person some counseling and work through the issue" when certain issues arise with employees. This leads to lots of turnover and gives the company a bad name. Performance evaluations are done infrequently or not at all. Pay increases do not happen leading to turnover. Lack of career development, training and opportunity for advancement.

My advice
    1. Value your current employees and show them this by providing consistent and timely feedback, performance evaluations and annual merit increases.
    2. Establish clearly defined roles and ensure that the entire office knows who is responsible for each task. This will improve efficiency and morale.
    3. Don't be afraid to hire and create new positions. It seems that a lot of work is heaped onto existing employees rather than creating a new position. Acro has experienced significant growth. To keep up and to continue being in line with our competitors, it's very important that our staff grow along with our expanding business. Again, this contributes to morale and longevity among employees.
    4. When feedback is given, please use it to evaluate, make improvements and move on. Often, it seems that feedback is tossed out the window or discounted.

None

I have been working at Acro full-time

Pros

The majority of the people are friendly.

Cons

It would be great to be treated as an equal.

Need to live up to the philosophies of the company

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback. We make every effort to treat all of our team members with dignity and respect. The Company is proud of their philosophies and works ... More

Just OK

I worked at Acro full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance, decent facilities. Professional HR group.

Cons

Systems are 15 years behind the times. Too much manual work- waste of time. Tasks are made more difficult then necessary. Lack of accountability in some positions increases work on other positions. Benefits are expensive.

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review. We are optimistic about the outlook for this Company too! Actually, our team is growing and with any growth part of that process includes updating and reworking ... More

Fair and dependable

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Acro full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, challenging, variety, family oriented

Cons

Growth issues, decisions can be slow

Jun 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback. We are definitely in a growth stage and we are excited about that. We will continue to look for opportunities to streamline the ... More