Acrodex Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Karim Amarshi

Poor payers, but good start point for those new to IT

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager (Allegedly) in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager (Allegedly) in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Acrodex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Will give anyone a chance good core teams on the ground Tremendous amount of good will from staff Relaxed working environement

Cons

Salaries are in lowest 5% on avg across the board will not be your last job mediocre benefits Poor management and direction People are promoted into thier level of incompetance poor recognition of good work poor moral ethics

Advice to Management

Pull your socks up and start rewarding and recognising when people are doing a good job. You rely to heavily on the good will of your workers bees maily because your management are directionless bullies or weak....strange combination..

Nice place to visit...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Acrodex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Internal staff are all solid people working hard to succeed. You can make a lot of great connections.

Cons

Upper management are all to busy screwing each other over to care or mentor the staff that actually make a difference. What company promotes their Directors to CO positions for no logical reason? All they did was create in-fighting and everyone scrambling for power. You have an arrogant CEO that believes he has his hand on the pulse of the industry but hasn't a clue how to run a successful business. "If you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it" It's only a matter of time before they have to change the company name again...

Advice to Management

Get out of your own way. Learn that your people are there for you and only want to succeed. If you allow us the opportunity to do our jobs and you stop playing favorites you might actually be more successful. Instead of inserting the inept but wordy people to run departments they have no idea how to run.

3. Too little interest in cooperation between different offices across multiple regions

I have been working at Acrodex

Pros

A great place to learn a new skill set. Some career paths provide certification opportunities that are as valuable to the employer as the employer.

Cons

Pay is not equal to the skills and certs one has earned. Employer is happy to let go of experienced and possibly more expensive talent if it means bringing nee recruits in for cheap.

Advice to Management

Stop throwing other offices, and their employees under a bus. Work with each other together.

5. Secret management club

I worked at Acrodex

Pros

Get your career started in IT coz u need zero IT experience to work for them.

Cons

Salary. Management looks out for each other and not the staff. Much drama between staff members.

Advice to Management

Listen your your staff and treat them like people.

6. Stay Away.

I worked at Acrodex

Pros

You get a pay check

Cons

Poor Management (Calgary/Tech Services) Inadequate resources (Staffing) Extremely Low Salaries (20-25% market) Possibly the lowest in the Calgary market.

Advice to Management

Make your management team accountable. Hire leaders not bosses.

Company has no direction with poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Acrodex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has a good health plan that kicks in after 3 months and if you negotiated in the beginning for a higher role/pay in the company, you can get more out of it, but don't expect it.

Cons

Management has little to no direction in terms of the staff. They show excessive favoritism to staff members even though they may be incompetent. Some managers uses fear to manage the staff instead of fostering a team environment.

8. Not exactly a great company!

I worked at Acrodex

Pros

*Good day to day working environment. *Technical growth is encouraged. *Good equipment provisioning services. *Good at maintaining and developing customer relationships.

Cons

*Underpaid *HR & Recruitment needs tons of improvement. *Upper management does not talk to employees. *Unfair treatment..does not really bother about long term employee development.

Advice to Management

*Listen to employees. They work for you. *Get constant feedback about middle management from technicians.

9. Held Back, Did not realize my true potential

Current Employee - Desktop Support
    Current Employee - Desktop Support

I have been working at Acrodex

Pros

NOTE: you do not normally work at the main office, you work at a contract site, so I was working in many areas of the city and enjoyed my day to day activities. Good benefits, same as other large companies

Cons

I have only received 1 performance review and 1 raise. Felt like a robot Management did not approach me when there were courses available to take No communication from management with regard to performance, or other contracts Salaries were low I only realized my true potential when I took a risk and applied for a position with another company that I felt sure that I wasn't qualified for, and was shocked when I got a second interview, sadly I realized that I felt incompetent due to my Acrodex experience

Advice to Management

Take some managerial courses, or communication courses Learn how to help to make your employees feel more valuable and help them to realize their potential

Lack of Visionary leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Acrodex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has some good people at the top. Good contracts, and a decent benefits package.

Cons

A serious lack of progressive and open leadership. Many great people come and go due to the restrictive nature and short sighted view of the top brass. It is like getting asked to make a salad and then being told that you only have lettuce to work with. To grow and build, the soldiers need direction and support but also need flexibility and opportunity. That is not the Acro-way.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams, not just the members of the family. Trust the skills and leadership you hire to do the jobs that they could do if you would just let them do it. Know also that the numbers do not tell the whole story, they are but a single indicator. Epcor, Enbridge....many things lost due to the lack of open visionary thought.

Body shop

Current Employee - Team Lead in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Acrodex full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Use it as a stepping stone to your next job You can get training

Cons

No real leadership Be billable or be gone Owners only care about their reputation in the community Good luck getting a raise or cost of living increase Don't listen to employee recommendations Dealing with the owners is frustrating Training is only if they can bill you out for more money You're never in the head office. You're always on a client site. Senior people are hired and then leave because they get frustrated

RSS Feed </> Embed