Acronis

www.acronis.com

Acronis Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Serguei Beloussov

I think that Acronis is a company that is working hard to develop a top notch BR/DR physical, virtual and cloud offering

ProsA recognized product. Training is an adequate start, but new product roll outs could be better

ConsThe biggest con would be the lack of help with personal development within one's assigned area. The question arises, "does the company want me to make a career here, or just passing through?"

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain more. Be more clear on career opportunities within the company

Jun 11, 2014

We recognize this as an area to develop and have plans to improve the employee development, training and career paths within 2014.

regional manager

Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosnew opportunity to utilize my experience -
    build the channels

Conscomp plan cut in half

Advice to Senior Managementwork your plan and plan your work

Jun 11, 2014

Please reach out to me, I would like to know more details about your comp plan concerns. To my knowledge no comp plans have been altered like that.

A highly innovative technology company with bright future and lots of opportunity for professional growth.

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsWell-established, profitable fast growing global business operating in hot markets of Backup/DR and Mobility. Strong highly competitive products. Good benefits for employees. Continued professional growth for those who want to work hard. Lots of positive change in the last 6 months since the original founder came back on board as CEO.

ConsSome minor troubles with overall direction for the business and subsequent change in Senior Management that occurred in the last 2 years. This resulted in uncertainty for some employees and probably some bad reviews, but has since been resolved completely. The business and internal culture are back on track and the future is looking very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Jun 11, 2014

Thanks for the good feedback. We have work to do and and I hope that since Serguei has been back for a year now you are continuing to see betterment all around.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work in progress

Senior Social Media Manager (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsGreat international team
    Leaders on the market, the best solutions
    A lot to do
    Overall flexibility
    People are open to changes and creativity

ConsCompany was highly damaged by previous CEO's
    Working in accordance with different time zones (takes time to get used to that)
    Sometimes not clear who's responsible for what
    A lot of things are in transition right now

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on 1 clear strategy and make sure that every one in the company is motivated

Poor corporate culture

Director (Former Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsA few smart people there.

ConsWay too many product lines for a company without strong marketing and PR engine. Top executive team has no direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the people and treat them well. They will in turn work harder for you and turn the company around. Otherwise they will abandon ship.

Could not imagine how bad this was internally

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGood consumer products. They're fairly priced with great feedback and image on the market.

Cons* Not an Enterprise company, no 1st class product, not a disruptive technology
    * No strategy (message confused with back-up & mobility)
    * No software development (no Oracle, NDMP and AIX agents)
    * Poor visibility on the SMB / Enterprise market where the competition is strong and well prepared
    * No vision = no future

Advice to Senior Management* Create a real true internal communication as there is barely one
    * Create a working together dynamics
    * Make professional decisions and do not behave as amateurs (or you'll never compete with the Big Names)
    * Or concentrate on the consumers part and forget the Entreprise

Management Mess

Acronis Account Manager (Former Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsFree beverages and snacks in the kitchen

ConsRidiculous amount of turn-over in employees, including upper level management. Management style - both on the sales and technical support side - is aggressive and hostile at times. One of the managers had gotten suspended for some pretty immature actions during the time of my employment there, and I'm sad to say that they are still there today.

Troubled but still plenty of opportunity

Director (Current Employee)

Pros* Solid core products
    * Global presence
    * Innovative ideas in Engineering

Cons* Owners are interfering with management
    * All-Russian development team is removed from core markets and moving too slow
    * Too many products, no leadership in any market segment
    * Recent upending of management structure and replacement of CEO created uncertainty and is destroying the climate

Advice to Senior Management* Focus on core products

Grossly mismanaged, but possibly back on track with new CEO

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood teams, good products, and a very flexible work environment. The company strongly believes in hiring talent as opposed to hiring who is located where they are.

ConsLack of focus and motivation has left the company hemorrhaging. The third CEO in two years is now on board, which gives hope, but is also indicative of general morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house (they did in the past couple of weeks) and give employees a reason to care.

Poor executive team and poor CEO damaged company permanently

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood Product, some good people, good partners and lots of customers...
    Good business in parts of EMEA
    Good in Japan and Asia

ConsClueless Ex CEO and senior leadership in HR, OPS, Sales and Support
    Marketing damaged and stripped of talent
    Lacks creativity and ambition
    Nasty political environment building
    Poor support of customers, partners and staff

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the very weak executive team (thankfully most left anyway) and get some decent, honest and enthusiastic leaders that can re-build and set a strategy for this lost at sea company.

Worked for Acronis? Contribute to the Community!