Acronis

www.acronis.com

Acronis Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Serguei Beloussov

Great company that will be even greater

ProsAcronis is an all around great company. Whether you are looking for a place to start your career or you are a seasoned pro, Acronis is the place to work. Stagnation is the antithesis of Acronis. I firmly believe that in 2 - 3 years Acronis will be making MUCH more money than it does now and be MUCH more recognizable.

ConsSalaries aren't great. But this is changing!

A highly innovative technology company with bright future and lots of opportunity for professional growth.

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsWell-established, profitable fast growing global business operating in hot markets of Backup/DR and Mobility. Strong highly competitive products. Good benefits for employees. Continued professional growth for those who want to work hard. Lots of positive change in the last 6 months since the original founder came back on board as CEO.

ConsSome minor troubles with overall direction for the business and subsequent change in Senior Management that occurred in the last 2 years. This resulted in uncertainty for some employees and probably some bad reviews, but has since been resolved completely. The business and internal culture are back on track and the future is looking very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Acronis Head of Global HR responded to this review

Jun 11, 2014

Thanks for the good feedback. We have work to do and and I hope that since Serguei has been back for a year now you are continuing to see betterment all around.

Smartest people I have ever worked with

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsGreat people. Huge opportunity. Indoor parking. Well stocked snack room. Inclusive in decision making. Great IT staff. Clear vision for the company. Very international in attitude and workforce. Great products.

ConsSome policies such as filing expense claims, are draconian and untrusting. Some people have been there too long. A lot of new employees so culture is not stable.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn the right track. Maybe spend a bit more on some of the internal systems and speed up decision making.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive Change is Working!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsI have been with Acronis for 2 months, and I have a good feel for company culture now. Under the new leadership there is an abundance of positive change with the business direction. The new leadership understands what is needed to move forward and expand, while not ignoring the business that has made them successful for the last decade.

ConsThere is still a lot of work to be done, which means long hours, but the work is rewarding and team-oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the new course, and continue the employee-centric activities that have resulted in the positive work environment.

A promising future

Marketing (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsThe momentum is shifting. In the last 6-9 months there have been MAJOR changes in the leadership and strategy for Acronis. All are positive things. The culture is changing and there is a real positivity in the air, despite the ground we still need to cover

ConsThere is A LOT of ground to cover to get things where they need to be

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep employees motivated. The little things make a difference. Having the snacks and drinks available for free and bringing in lunch for everyone occasionally makes all the difference in the world. Keep doing these things.

Great ambitions and potential, but management is too self-centered

Director (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsAfter lots of turbulence, a very strong executive team headed by the owner/CEO was brought on board, with more stellar names being added regularly. Amazing development talent that can build great innovative products. Global presence, strongly international (and expanding), diverse product line.

ConsNot really customer-centric beyond the Support function. Very bad at project management in all functions and in all levels. Siloed communications, very different culture in different locations. Top management is too pushy, and insists on knowing things better than you, doesn't trust experienced employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pushing your decisions down the drain to your senior managers. Involve them into decision-making process, talk to them and appreciate their insights and feedback. They will respect you more and their loyalty will increase as a result.

Loved my time there! Good Company

Sales (Former Employee) Milano (Italy)

ProsGood products, great environment, much fun!

ConsChange in top management brought some uneasiness

Fantastic experience, excellent growth opportunities

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities for growth. Just demonstrate your dedication and results, and you will have no problems with building your career. I joined as a junior support engineer and grew up to head of product launch operations.

Excellent people. I got know great professionals of all levels, from individual contributors to Senior VPs. The atmosphere was always comfortable to work in.

Excellent IT infrastructure that just works. Modern hardware equipment renewed regularly. Great tools and technologies - site-to-site VPN, stable VOIP with full range of options (smartphone support, worldwide call forwarding, etc), exchange-based email with web access. Might not sound special, but that stuff really matters. My job requires collaboration with virtually all offices across the globe, so robust and stable IT makes my job and job of my colleagues highly enjoyable.

I loved working here, recommended.

ConsSometimes directions change inconsistently, but hey, I bet it happens within most companies. And it all got much better after Serguei stepped back in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up.

Work in progress

Senior Social Media Manager (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsGreat international team
    Leaders on the market, the best solutions
    A lot to do
    Overall flexibility
    People are open to changes and creativity

ConsCompany was highly damaged by previous CEO's
    Working in accordance with different time zones (takes time to get used to that)
    Sometimes not clear who's responsible for what
    A lot of things are in transition right now

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on 1 clear strategy and make sure that every one in the company is motivated

Good company, but might be better

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsOne of the best software development companies where I worked.
    Advanced technology of development.
    There was many things which is worth to be learned.

Conseconomical crisis at 2008..
    they kicked many people on street without noticable reason.
    Difficult to grow inside the company, were easier to leave, and came again on much higher position.

Worked for Acronis? Contribute to the Community!