Acronis

Very Flat

Current Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

I can't think of any. It has been a roller coaster since I started. So many different managers, and a lay off when they say they want to grow.

Cons

* Management doesn't listen
    * Management doesn't communicate changes that are made
    * Management talks down to their employees. They say "my business" when it's actually "our business" we are all trying to reach a number.
    * turnover is at an all time high. I've seen three general managers over the course of 2 years.
    * They are bringing in several people from other countries to "manage" but they don't understand how business in the US works.
    * When people leave the refuse to pay their vacation time.
    * HR won't respond when there are issues. And when you need an immediate response they blow you off.
    * Very shady business practices. Discounting for one not for another. Accounts stolen by other account managers. Management has no control over their business.
    * lots of pressure from upper management to commit to a number without having the data or resources to figure out the data.
    * They have hired several new "leaders" that don't understand the business. They don't understand how things work and they don't give effective training.
    * The latest version of the product has not worked for several customers and the refuse to do any RMAs for these issues.

Listen to the people on the floor - we're the ones that know what's going on in the field.

Rudderless, very Dysfunctional – just a job not a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Worked with some talented likeable coworkers. Company's software products pretty good, some won awards. Free snacks & beverages, and lunches catered sometimes

Cons

Really inept executive team, many in titles and roles far beyond their training and experience - their in way over their heads and it showed daily. Ineffective absentee CEO. No clear strategy, goals, roles, review process and poor mgmt communication. Culture of secrecy; place founded by Russians and many decisions still made in Moscow by founders & their cronys or behind closed doors by exec team. Awful , depressing work environment, lots of demands but little support – senior mgmt quick to blame others but never take reponsibilty for how their own actions (or inaction) and bad decisions effect entire org. Mgmt shows no desire to develop or keep employees, people viewed as easily replaced. Thus limited possiblity for career growth or financial gain, esp. for sales since products sold mainly thru partners. Benefits suck compared 2 other co.’s (lower pay, no 401K match, less vacation days, etc.). Morale very low. Wish I left a lot sooner than I did, much happier now.

Recognize your own limitations and hire people into roles that match their skills and experience. Trust people with relevent expertise to do their jobs and get out of their way.

Do yourself a favor and stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

the free lunches are great

Cons

Fire drills, no process to anything. no employee nurturing, unrealistic expectations. surprised companies like this still continue to stay in business in the year 2011

A great start to my career

Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acronis

Pros

They give you a chance to break into software. It's a great place to start your career in software, at least it was when I was there. Perhaps someone more senior may receive a more aggressive compensation package and it would be a good move.

Cons

Hard on numbers, like most sales organizations, but there was always a coldness to it and no exceptions.

Managers promoted from within are always going to be the strongest, also gives the reps something to strive for.

Acronis deserves better leadership.

Current Employee - Sales Management in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Management in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

It is a company that has good potential and good products. Our current technology is excellent. Customers like our products. We are moving to a VAR model which is fun to be involved with.

Cons

Exec management here is the pits. They are way over their heads and it shows. CEO and sales exec VP are a cartoon. They treat employees like gerbils on a treadmill. Mid-level management is good but gets little help from the top. Poor pay and a revolving door for employees. I don't see management making good decisions to grow the company.

Bring in more people with more diverse software experience than you have. Bring in more people with VAR experience.

What a disaster...

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Sadly I believe they are no pro anymore.
    It all started as a good story but

Cons

Terrible Management. This is a feeling that goes across the organisation. Every 6 months a new management team is starting to undo what was done before. CEO keeps changing on a yearly basis. No one but the owner himself would actually take the job. Total absence of Human resources and the little people that carry the tittle are absolutely not empowered to do their jobs. A very large majority of the good people left the company by now.
    Acronis always had the idea of selling. All they've done in the past few years it to make things shinny (new management, "big name" hiring, renaming products...) so they could sell the company.
    They have moved into "Mobility" but they have not invested in the solutions. They renamed them, but essentially it all remains what it was at the time of the acquisition of GroupLogic, which at a very good team. Sad again.

Reporting should be done both way. Up and done.

Vision and Action doesn't align... Simplicity meets Layers of Filters

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will gain the experience learning to do new things yourself when assigning with new projects.

Cons

There are too many layers in the organization, and the top are heavier than the ground staffs. And, communications are filtered, vision doesn't align with actions.

Simplicity is a good vision, but adding multiple layers only makes it more complex. I see only simplicity for the CEO to manage his own business, but adding complexity to the employees to follow.

Too many layers at the top (each having their own agenda)... adding too much workload to the bottom workforce will just push them away.

Company wants to move further, wants to drive growth but not looking at growing their own employees. I find that it is bad. From my feeling, you are treating employees like commodities... one goes, just hire another...

Great ambitions and potential, but management is too self-centered

Current Employee - Director in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Director in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

After lots of turbulence, a very strong executive team headed by the owner/CEO was brought on board, with more stellar names being added regularly. Amazing development talent that can build great innovative products. Global presence, strongly international (and expanding), diverse product line.

Cons

Not really customer-centric beyond the Support function. Very bad at project management in all functions and in all levels. Siloed communications, very different culture in different locations. Top management is too pushy, and insists on knowing things better than you, doesn't trust experienced employees.

Stop pushing your decisions down the drain to your senior managers. Involve them into decision-making process, talk to them and appreciate their insights and feedback. They will respect you more and their loyalty will increase as a result.

Great company that will be even greater

I have been working at Acronis full-time

Pros

Acronis is an all around great company. Whether you are looking for a place to start your career or you are a seasoned pro, Acronis is the place to work. Stagnation is the antithesis of Acronis. I firmly believe that in 2 - 3 years Acronis will be making MUCH more money than it does now and be MUCH more recognizable.

Cons

Salaries aren't great. But this is changing!

Loved my time there! Good Company

Former Employee - Sales in Milano (Italy)
    Former Employee - Sales in Milano (Italy)

I worked at Acronis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good products, great environment, much fun!

Cons

Change in top management brought some uneasiness