Acronis Reviews

Updated March 19, 2015
52 reviews filtered by

Positive Change is Working!

I have been working at Acronis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Acronis for 2 months, and I have a good feel for company culture now. Under the new leadership there is an abundance of positive change with the business direction. The new leadership understands what is needed to move forward and expand, while not ignoring the business that has made them successful for the last decade.

Cons

There is still a lot of work to be done, which means long hours, but the work is rewarding and team-oriented.

Keep the new course, and continue the employee-centric activities that have resulted in the positive work environment.

2. Eager to Continue Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

New upper management to include Marketing, has been a benefit to the company. Fresh ideas collaborated with vast experience will ensure growth and prosperity.

Cons

No profit sharing at this point.

Continue to value employees along with the business objectives.

Unstable environment

Current Employee - Partner Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Partner Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to work, little pressure

Cons

Disorganized and unproductive Environment , Very unstable

5. A promising future

Current Employee - Marketing in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The momentum is shifting. In the last 6-9 months there have been MAJOR changes in the leadership and strategy for Acronis. All are positive things. The culture is changing and there is a real positivity in the air, despite the ground we still need to cover

Cons

There is A LOT of ground to cover to get things where they need to be

Keep employees motivated. The little things make a difference. Having the snacks and drinks available for free and bringing in lunch for everyone occasionally makes all the difference in the world. Keep doing these things.

Very Flat

Current Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

I can't think of any. It has been a roller coaster since I started. So many different managers, and a lay off when they say they want to grow.

Cons

* Management doesn't listen
    * Management doesn't communicate changes that are made
    * Management talks down to their employees. They say "my business" when it's actually "our business" we are all trying to reach a number.
    * turnover is at an all time high. I've seen three general managers over the course of 2 years.
    * They are bringing in several people from other countries to "manage" but they don't understand how business in the US works.
    * When people leave the refuse to pay their vacation time.
    * HR won't respond when there are issues. And when you need an immediate response they blow you off.
    * Very shady business practices. Discounting for one not for another. Accounts stolen by other account managers. Management has no control over their business.
    * lots of pressure from upper management to commit to a number without having the data or resources to figure out the data.
    * They have hired several new "leaders" that don't understand the business. They don't understand how things work and they don't give effective training.
    * The latest version of the product has not worked for several customers and the refuse to do any RMAs for these issues.

Listen to the people on the floor - we're the ones that know what's going on in the field.

Rudderless, very Dysfunctional – just a job not a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Worked with some talented likeable coworkers. Company's software products pretty good, some won awards. Free snacks & beverages, and lunches catered sometimes

Cons

Really inept executive team, many in titles and roles far beyond their training and experience - their in way over their heads and it showed daily. Ineffective absentee CEO. No clear strategy, goals, roles, review process and poor mgmt communication. Culture of secrecy; place founded by Russians and many decisions still made in Moscow by founders & their cronys or behind closed doors by exec team. Awful , depressing work environment, lots of demands but little support – senior mgmt quick to blame others but never take reponsibilty for how their own actions (or inaction) and bad decisions effect entire org. Mgmt shows no desire to develop or keep employees, people viewed as easily replaced. Thus limited possiblity for career growth or financial gain, esp. for sales since products sold mainly thru partners. Benefits suck compared 2 other co.’s (lower pay, no 401K match, less vacation days, etc.). Morale very low. Wish I left a lot sooner than I did, much happier now.

Recognize your own limitations and hire people into roles that match their skills and experience. Trust people with relevent expertise to do their jobs and get out of their way.

Do yourself a favor and stay away

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

the free lunches are great

Cons

Fire drills, no process to anything. no employee nurturing, unrealistic expectations. surprised companies like this still continue to stay in business in the year 2011

9. A great start to my career

Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acronis

Pros

They give you a chance to break into software. It's a great place to start your career in software, at least it was when I was there. Perhaps someone more senior may receive a more aggressive compensation package and it would be a good move.

Cons

Hard on numbers, like most sales organizations, but there was always a coldness to it and no exceptions.

Managers promoted from within are always going to be the strongest, also gives the reps something to strive for.

Acronis deserves better leadership.

Current Employee - Sales Management in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Management in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis

Pros

It is a company that has good potential and good products. Our current technology is excellent. Customers like our products. We are moving to a VAR model which is fun to be involved with.

Cons

Exec management here is the pits. They are way over their heads and it shows. CEO and sales exec VP are a cartoon. They treat employees like gerbils on a treadmill. Mid-level management is good but gets little help from the top. Poor pay and a revolving door for employees. I don't see management making good decisions to grow the company.

Bring in more people with more diverse software experience than you have. Bring in more people with VAR experience.

11. Toxic & Nepotistic. Subpar Salaries

Former Employee - Anonymous in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Acronis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A very charismatic CEO. I've learned a lot from him. But it does seem that he needs a reality check.

Cons

It's an all around nepotistic and extremely toxic environment.

Lots of management people have been brought from a sister company that holds some 80%-90% of the market they do business in and expect they can do the same with Acronis, even though Acronis is a very different business.

The current management does not know the business well, they are extremely nepotistic, the environment is extremely toxic.

The head of this same management has publicly stated a little over half a year ago that the only way to manage people is to oppress and deject the employees (there was even his editorial article in a mainstream Russian newspaper titled "Fear & Loathing in the Office", which basically says it all and is the pillar of the management style at Acronis).

A lot of very strong professionals with great expertise have left the company since and joined much better opportunities.

The salaries at Acronis are a) subpar; b) have no average or inbetween grade -- you either get barely enough to make a living or you get a pretty comfortable buck in you are in the nepotism circle.