Acronis

www.acronis.com

Acronis Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Serguei Beloussov

Excellent technologies and smartest people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsChallenging and complicated tasks within R&D dep

ConsLack of focus, a lot of projects in parallel

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the non-performing projects, focus on new cutting edge technologies. Do not be afraid to act sharp and quickly

Good place to work, company offers opportunities to grow

Management (Current Employee)

Prosa lot of opportunities to grow in middle management, relatively easy to start your carier as manager from technical or engineering position.

ConsCompany doesn't allow middle managers to step up to senior positions and at the same time senior management is too weak and there is very high turnover within senior management

Advice to Senior Managementhire or grow strong senior management

It was a great place until recent changes

QA Tester (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsGood place to start your career
    Still plenty of excellent professionals
    Salary and benefits are on a reasonably high level

ConsA lot of incompetent people in the management (on the edge of chaos in some teams)
    Lack of promotions, it's easy to stuck in low position
    Layoffs and projects closure under new CEO
    Employee shortage after hiring freeze

Advice to Senior ManagementFork up some money and hire skilled workers! Don't let people go so easily

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seems the business is getting worse

QA Tester (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsGreat culture and people
    Good career starter, to get experience and search better options
    If you're lucky with the project, the benefits are great as well

ConsBad management (except few projects)
    Top managers made some mistakes recently and canceled few promising projects.
    New projects aimed for a new markets are dubious

Advice to Senior ManagementStart developing products that are really needed by customers. Innovate instead of copying competitors.

Stay away - Company is in chaos

ProsFree food, good people who are really trying

ConsCEO and management who just say "yes" to whatever the CEO wants
    Purely numbers driven company - doesn't matter how many "bodies" are left in the wake of hitting the number
    Incompetent head of WW Sales

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who have been hired to do their jobs. They have more depth in their field than anyone in managment. No one person has all the answers

New CEO is changing the company for the better - worth interviewing with to see for yourself

ProsTruely international culture.
    Real opportunities for Acronis to grow and be successful.
    There are some really talented and lovely people working here.
    Good mix of maturity and experience - the right people getting the right roles, in the right geographies.
    Alex Pinchev will make Acronis more successful, you can count on it.
    New leaders like Alex P and Scott Crenshaw value people and are respected throughout the industry.

Just six months ago I wouldn't have recommended this company to a friend - but now I would.

ConsHas been a lot of change this year and there is still a lot ahead, but it is all good change.
    You have to be self motivated and stay focused and flexible, because of the changes.
    I am bored of eating at the Beacon Grille.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management changes have been good so far - keep going til the right team is in place and is a real management team. Some of the culture issues from previous management are still lingering - stay consistent in action and words and demonstrate company values etc. You have an incredibly bright and observant employee base - keep up the open communication!

Are you sure there is no better option?

Expert Support Professional (Former Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsFree lunches, compensation level is market average. A good company for a student to start a career. Great and friendly atmosphere. Surprising, but a lot of great technically proficient engineers work there.

ConsExpectations are unrealistic. Conditions are hideous. At some point the conditions the support team worked in were just ridiculous for a world-class company.
    The support director was comparing the support in Russia with outsource support in India. I think it is unethical to make such comparisons in from of your employees.

Advice to Senior Managementi would recommend investing in business processes and product quality. because repeating the statement about the world class status of the company over and over does not make the product or processes any better.

Joke

ProsGood colleagues/free snack/soda-perks of a small company

ConsAcronis is a joke of a place to work for. Senior management has no clue what they are doing and they continue to promote people within management or hire management that have no clue what they are doing. Employees are not valued at all, no reviews so no raises and the attitude is that everyone is replaceable. Everyone I knew was and is miserable and most of the employees are looking for a new job (no big shocker here.)

HR is to laugh at and cannot be trusted (there is no employee/employer confidentiality there).
    There is no work/life balance there as they expect you to be available at any time and work late. It's all about making the sales # there, Marketing management is nonexistence and they frankly have no clue what they are doing!

I would not recommend anyone to work there-not even my own worst enemy!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire veterns in the industry that actually know how to run a company and get rid of existing management.

not great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossame level coworkers are fantastic - some amazing people.

Consmanagement is poor. very poor. unprofessional. company-wide distributions fraught with spelling/grammar errors. low level expectation. cannot pull in better people because better people can likely sense they won't be challenged/appreciated. also almost weekly reports of internal theft from headsets to water bottles. no review process so raises nonexistant.

Great people, poor management, poor employee treatment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe workers are some of the best people I have had the pleasure of working with.

ConsThe management is poor. Employees are driven hard. Not a lot of perks for being dedicated. Not a lot of room to advance. Raises are non-existent. Blame atmosphere .Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome realistic. Value your employees. Pick a strategy. Put some faith in your team.

Worked for Acronis? Contribute to the Community!