Acronis Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Toxic & Nepotistic. Subpar Salaries

Former Employee - Anonymous in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very charismatic CEO. I've learned a lot from him. But it does seem that he needs a reality check.

Cons

It's an all around nepotistic and extremely toxic environment. Lots of management people have been brought from a sister company that holds some 80%-90% of the market they do business in and expect they can do the same with Acronis, even though Acronis is a very different business. The current management does not know the business well, they are extremely nepotistic, the environment is extremely toxic. The head of this same management has publicly stated a little over half a year ago that the only way to manage people is to oppress and deject the employees (there was even his editorial article in a mainstream Russian newspaper titled "Fear & Loathing in the Office", which basically says it all and is the pillar of the management style at Acronis). A lot of very strong professionals with great expertise have left the company since and joined much better opportunities. The salaries at Acronis are a) subpar; b) have no average or inbetween grade -- you either get barely enough to make a living or you get a pretty comfortable buck in you are in the nepotism circle.

What a disaster...

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Sadly I believe they are no pro anymore. It all started as a good story but

Cons

Terrible Management. This is a feeling that goes across the organisation. Every 6 months a new management team is starting to undo what was done before. CEO keeps changing on a yearly basis. No one but the owner himself would actually take the job. Total absence of Human resources and the little people that carry the tittle are absolutely not empowered to do their jobs. A very large majority of the good people left the company by now. Acronis always had the idea of selling. All they've done in the past few years it to make things shinny (new management, "big name" hiring, renaming products...) so they could sell the company. They have moved into "Mobility" but they have not invested in the solutions. They renamed them, but essentially it all remains what it was at the time of the acquisition of GroupLogic, which at a very good team. Sad again.

Advice to Management

Reporting should be done both way. Up and done.

Vision and Action doesn't align... Simplicity meets Layers of Filters

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will gain the experience learning to do new things yourself when assigning with new projects.

Cons

There are too many layers in the organization, and the top are heavier than the ground staffs. And, communications are filtered, vision doesn't align with actions.

Advice to Management

Simplicity is a good vision, but adding multiple layers only makes it more complex. I see only simplicity for the CEO to manage his own business, but adding complexity to the employees to follow. Too many layers at the top (each having their own agenda)... adding too much workload to the bottom workforce will just push them away. Company wants to move further, wants to drive growth but not looking at growing their own employees. I find that it is bad. From my feeling, you are treating employees like commodities... one goes, just hire another...

5. Great ambitions and potential, but management is too self-centered

Current Employee - Director in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Director in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After lots of turbulence, a very strong executive team headed by the owner/CEO was brought on board, with more stellar names being added regularly. Amazing development talent that can build great innovative products. Global presence, strongly international (and expanding), diverse product line.

Cons

Not really customer-centric beyond the Support function. Very bad at project management in all functions and in all levels. Siloed communications, very different culture in different locations. Top management is too pushy, and insists on knowing things better than you, doesn't trust experienced employees.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing your decisions down the drain to your senior managers. Involve them into decision-making process, talk to them and appreciate their insights and feedback. They will respect you more and their loyalty will increase as a result.

6. Loved my time there! Good Company

Former Employee - Sales in Milano (Italy)
    Former Employee - Sales in Milano (Italy)

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good products, great environment, much fun!

Cons

Change in top management brought some uneasiness

7. Fantastic experience, excellent growth opportunities

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. Just demonstrate your dedication and results, and you will have no problems with building your career. I joined as a junior support engineer and grew up to head of product launch operations. Excellent people. I got know great professionals of all levels, from individual contributors to Senior VPs. The atmosphere was always comfortable to work in. Excellent IT infrastructure that just works. Modern hardware equipment renewed regularly. Great tools and technologies - site-to-site VPN, stable VOIP with full range of options (smartphone support, worldwide call forwarding, etc), exchange-based email with web access. Might not sound special, but that stuff really matters. My job requires collaboration with virtually all offices across the globe, so robust and stable IT makes my job and job of my colleagues highly enjoyable. I loved working here, recommended.

Cons

Sometimes directions change inconsistently, but hey, I bet it happens within most companies. And it all got much better after Serguei stepped back in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Disorganized environment

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Product good, Consumer product widely used, some good people internationally and good R and D. APJ and EMEA seem ok..

Cons

Has no clear or stated direction with a Sales and Marketing plan. Turnover is massive.. Greater than 40% annually with Sales even higher. No CEO with a long term commitment and a disorganized leadership team. Can be quite nasty also, where most are afraid to speak. Bizarre social media 'speak'.,

Advice to Management

Get a decent CEO, a competent head of sales and some board members that can make a decision collectively rather than counting their $$$.

management has no clear strategy and technology is for consumers

Current Employee - Pre-Sales in Emea (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales in Emea (Indonesia)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

small company. you have freedom to execute your job.

Cons

technology is not reliable for large environments. Lots of poeple are talking to much and don't execute,enought.

Advice to Management

be consistent and closer to the field reality. Make your technology more robust and reliable

10. Good company, but might be better

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best software development companies where I worked. Advanced technology of development. There was many things which is worth to be learned.

Cons

economical crisis at 2008.. they kicked many people on street without noticable reason. Difficult to grow inside the company, were easier to leave, and came again on much higher position.

1 year work at Support Department

Former Employee - International Support Professional in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - International Support Professional in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible timetable nice people real opportunities for growth language practice good training in tech support

Cons

huge flow of customer very bad cooperation between T-1, T-2, T-3 and developers most of the tech problems clients face are never resolved and the support professional gets all the negative feedback from the client to himself management is too far away to care about it promotion just if you make friends with the management

Advice to Management

change the management supervision

RSS Feed </> Embed