ActioNet
www.actionet.com Vienna, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

ActioNet Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2014
ActioNet – Vienna – “Office”

Ashley W. Chen

Much like my military experience, developing and growing personnel is a core value.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at ActioNet full-time for less than a year

ProsFirst name basis and open door policy with ALL senior management!

ConsThe pace the company is growing is starting to lose some of the intimate team mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at developing a tracked approach for growing our team's skills and abilities - it WILL garner increased loyalty.

Cheap company

Operations (Former Employee)
Vienna, VA

I worked at ActioNet full-time for more than a year

ProsMedical Dental benefits and attractive salary

ConsNo job security
Favoritism/discrimination is high

Lack of employee support

I have been working at ActioNet full-time for more than 3 years

ProsActionet provides decent pay along with fairly good health benefits for the size of the company; internal training is offered but nothing that matches a training organization

ConsLeadership tends to focus on pleasing the client vs protecting the employees; lots of jocking for position with in executive management

Amateur hour - all day long

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at ActioNet full-time for less than a year

ProsThe HR team is mostly friendly. They do try to pick up employees from a former contract.

ConsCompany does not want to pay for good work. They prefer to move unqualified people into positions and hoping they will work out. They are willing to cut any valuable employee in their search of higher profits and by their own methods, reduces morale. In most cases, management does not attempt to understand the jobs they are hiring into and it causes teams to under perform as everyone knowledgeable is required to pick up the slack of others. In this, they have failed their employees and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney is not everything, in the quest for the almighty dollar, don't forgot the employees whom bring in your money. There is good talent on many contracts you pick up, and those people have been in the position, possibly long enough, to know what needs done. Take their advice and work with the customer to find realistic solutions to the problems, do not just dismiss their and the customer's solutions out of hand.

Very challenging but lack training at the customer site

Help Desk Manager (Former Employee)
Suitland, MD

I worked at ActioNet full-time for less than a year

Prosto co-workers were fantastic PM was supportive, hours were great very relaxed atmosphere

Consafter hiring on I was not given any training and also two weeks after I hired on the Project Manager resigned for a better position leaving me as the senior manager in charge

Advice to Senior Managementsupport the project more at NOAA

This use to be a great company to work for.

I have been working at ActioNet full-time

ProsThey are very flexible with the hours you work. They are also flexible with time off.
This use to be a great company when there was great management in place. Recently they were all replaced by managers who have no experience or were fired from their previous jobs but for some reason they thought would be good for actionet.

ConsWhen the company was small they were great. Now that they are big they are getting greedy and forget their employees and customers. Even the customers complain about the new management. When employees quit their position, the managers do not replace them and the remaining team members are expected to assume the responsibilities with no extra increase in salary. Management prefers to hire cheap employees with no experience to do the work and then they are not prepared to do the work. Employees who are good are not rewarded and that is why they are all leaving.

Too much politics with management. No way to advance unless you play the game and kiss ass.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote managers from within since they know what they are working on. Listen to your employees they actually know what they are talking about and it could avoid a lot of issues in the long run. Spend more time trying to find the right person for the job. ActioNet will hire anyone who is cheap regardless if they are actually good and qualified for the position.

ActioNet is an Employee & Family Friendly Company

Security Engineer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at ActioNet full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are a lot of wonderful people at ActioNet. This is a great environment for people who want to learn & grow. I love to come to work every day. ActioNet is an Employee & Family Friendly Company.

ConsActioNet is a company that will not tolerate non-performers or people who have bad attitudes. There are many non-productive or bad-attitude people who got let go or were forced to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a employee, I appreciate that Managers that take action and fix problems. It is not an easy thing, but it is a right thing to do. ActioNet is better & stronger than ever!

Wonderful Experience for Over 5 Years

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ActioNet full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNo company is perfect, but ActioNet is an excellent place for those looking to establish a long career at one place or for those early in their career looking to gain valuable experience. The company and CEO invest in their employees by providing training, paying for certifications and school. I have known both the CEO and Executive VP for many years. They are capable people who are personable and affable and who demonstrate an interest in developing talent.

ConsThe company is growing very quickly and requires individuals who are willing to challenge themselves to support the companies goals. This requires individuals who are multi-faceted, dedicated and possess confidence in their ability to learn quickly and execute to achieve results.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff and managers more often. Change is good, but too much change can create confusion - make sure change is effectively managed and proposed changes are essential to achieving business goals.

Good company, cares about employees

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at ActioNet full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood opportunities to expand scope, responsibilities and get involved in areas that interest you. Good training, always running certification programs. Sponsor many employee recreational activities

ConsLong hours, lots of work, multiple ongoing tasks at the same time make it difficult to do your best work on all tasks - but everyone understands the workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate more to senior managers to run the company on a day to day basis, have them plan and report out on a monthly basis.

Bad Management and Bad Policy

Senior Security Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at ActioNet full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood pay, ordinary benefits. Nothing much comes to mind compared to many other similar companies.

ConsDo not care about employee’s professional growth. Check advice to management for more information.

Advice to Senior ManagementPoor management which do unethical stuff, does not inform to the company what is going on in the trenches. Cheats employees out of holiday pay. Supervisor constantly lied to new hires about what type of job they where getting. The same supervisor constantly lied about always doing proposal work for the company but billed the customer fulltime hours without even working half of the weekly hours. I have worked for numerous contractors in and around the Washington DC area and this company is probably one of the worst if not the worst company. Mainly what makes it bad is the supervisor I had. I have seen high turn over in the company. I informed another manager within the company what was going on but no even a reply. They are constantly asking employees to get certified but would not pay for their boot camp or certification materials. During the hiring process employees where not told about the expectation of getting these certifications. They where held accountable in their performance review unjustly. Some of these certifications did not eve exist, something the managers make up to avoid giving raises or bonuses because they cannot be accomplish. After quiting I told my supervisor how bad the reviews Actionet has on glassdoor. There were that many reviews but after I mention this he probably informed HQ and had some managers put in good reviews. I guess they tried to offset their numbers. Ask a person why they left the company and see what you get.

Worked for ActioNet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ActioNet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ActioNet CEO Ashley W. Chen. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by ActioNet employees.