ActioNet
www.actionet.com Vienna, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

ActioNet Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
ActioNet – Vienna – “Office”

Ashley W. Chen

Good company with accountable management

ProsVery supportive with training programs and reimbursement; they recognize the value of a highly productive employee; leadership can and will listen to feedback from employees.

ConsIT training funds per employee are relatively small especially by longevity with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow larger training funds per employee; reward employees more for providing top-level service for customers.

IT Resumce

Help Desk Manager (Former Employee)
    Suitland, MD

ProsI really enjoy working with the staff

ConsI was thrown in to a bad situation, not overlap with the incumbent and teh Project Manager resigned 2 weeks after I started leaving me in charge with no one to fall back on

Highly values service to customers, quality and employees

ProsVery adaptive, always trying new ideas. Management tries hard to connect with external contract sites. Super people, good training (internal and external)....employee recognition a priority. Moving into cutting edge technology services.

ConsLimited profit sharing, Federal clients often difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Experiment, focus on the customer and employee...but loosen up the purse strings.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, cares about career growth

ProsMotivation to expand career path.

ConsMiddle management will set you for failure with the client.

Fantastic working environment

SharePoint Administrator (Former Employee)
    Germantown, MD

ProsGreat people. Management wants employees to succeed and works to ensure success.

ConsWork solely dependent upon contracts. No contract = no work.

Three years wasted

Corporate Office (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsIndividual projects and teams can be very close and fun to work with. Some of the middle managers show a lot of potential and are drive to help their teams succeed. Good health benefits.

ConsThe executive management is completely out of touch with the rest of the company, most notably the owner. Business practices border on immoral (possibly illegal?). Very little room for growth or advancement. Hands down the most demoralizing professional environment I have ever experienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, I don't believe ActioNet will be around in 10 years. My guess is that certain business decisions/practices will be brought to light which will hinder their ability to win future work.

Very faced paced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosability to help indivisuals to assist in day to day IT needs

ConsSLA's will hinder more time with the user.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize employees for good work.

Run away...run far away

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsGood pay. Good commute for me. Hours were decent.

ConsThis place is basically a collection of contracts. A lot of people are getting very rich, and the company is doing well, but its success is not sustainable. If you want a job, go work here. If you want a career, keep looking. If you work on client site and have a good manager, you might enjoy your job. If you have to interact with executive management, you'll want to shoot yourself instead of having to deal with their incompetence.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with your team and stand up to executive management.

Horrible company

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Germantown, MD

ProsWhen they assumed the contract they were working on, salaries were maintained and some people (myself included) were given credit for years worked for previous contractor towards determining leave accrual. Rumor has it that this was a demand by Federal management however.

ConsHorrible communications. Dreadful intranet with dead links all over. Tuition reimbursement amount is a joke, as is the process to get it. They claim they will reimburse for classes taken in a degree related to your work, but they only reimburse for the classes relevant. You're screwed if you want them to pay for that English/Humanities course that is required for your IT degree.

Forget about other training. They've got some BS on their intranet, but it's entirely useless. You will be expected to Google and self-educate for solutions. You will be held liable for new systems they introduce with no training. When you do figure something out, it will be changed. (This is at least partially the fault of Federal management). Never will a course like SANS be paid for up front.

Raises don't even cover inflation. Opportunities for promotion are nearly non-existent. When they do happen, you will be told "it's a lateral move, so no raise".

Various teams on the same contract are treated differently. One team gets a small gift for Chinese New Year, two other teams (at least) get ignored.

There will never be a situation where you will be defended against management, especially Federal management. No matter how stupid and egregious the ideas and actions of those up the food chain, this company will not say no, unless it hurts their bottom line.

Benefits and time off are pretty much industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe turnover rate is your fault. Every team member on every team I've spoken with is horribly dissatisfied and cannot wait for this contract to end, praying that ActioNet is replaced with a better company.

The saddest thing is that the fixes would be trivial. A bit more money, a bit more training, and even the slightest indication beyond lip service that you care at all. I've seen employees with other contracting companies follow the company if the company loses a contract. I bet that happens almost never with ActioNet.

Given that many of these problems didn't exist until ActioNet took over the contract, I assume that most of the problems are at the Program Manager level and higher. Given the high level of the problem, I have to assume that it goes right to the top, and this company is irredeemable to the core.

Cheap company

Operations (Former Employee)
    Vienna, VA

ProsMedical Dental benefits and attractive salary

ConsNo job security
    Favoritism/discrimination is high

Worked for ActioNet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ActioNet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ActioNet CEO Ashley W. Chen. All 50 reviews posted anonymously by ActioNet employees.