Action Care Ambulance

Updated April 15, 2014
1.9

Allen J. Powers
1 Rating

A good first foot into the EMS world

Current Employee - EMT  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - EMT in Denver, CO

I have been working at Action Care Ambulance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to get a start, a lot of positive networking in the field, ambulances are in good shape and working order. I liked the monthly CE hours and so forth.

Cons

The field staff seems to have an attitude of "only work here for a year and then move on" and it seems to be a direct result of the attitude and actions of upper management. Upper management has the "we know you won't last a year" attitude. Moral is hurt which could show on inter-facilitly transports and fire coverage. Some of the FTOs are poor leaders and start off new employees on the wrong foot. There is no real chain of command. I spent my first four months wondering if I have a direct supervisor. There is limited or almost no developmental communication.

You have had real talent work at your company and then leave six months or a year later. From the top down, work to create a positive environment where good EMTs and Medics want to stay. Less turn over would make it better for everyone.

Everyone thinks All American Ambulance is the up and coming place to be. Field staff believe All American is one day going to take a large number of your contracts, and your quality staff.

Would not recommend this company

Former Employee - Paramedic Supervisor  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Paramedic Supervisor in Englewood, CO

I worked at Action Care Ambulance full-time for less than a year

Pros

instead of learning how to be an EMT you will learn how to bill medicare properly. i guess that's not really a pro

Cons

the management of this company treats their employees horribly. the management acts on emotions and are constantly starting drama that makes no sense to people who are new, because new employees realize how petty and disturbing the actions of the management are.

retire. you clearly burned out 30 years ago. let people who are there to make a difference be there and do their job. instead, you treat the place like an ambulance company from the 90's. if you are too cheap to buy GPS units, or even fix broken old weird smelling rigs, then you are clearly in business to make money not to help people

Worked for Action Care Ambulance? Contribute to the Community!