ActionLink

www.actionlink.com

ActionLink Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014
ActionLink – US – “Welcome to ActionLink”

ActionLink President, CEO & Founder Bruce Finn

Bruce Finn

Pros
  • Projects are well worth doing as they pay is good(in 6 reviews)

• I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for some solid high pay part time work(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Obtaining full time employment with the company is challenging, to say the least(in 6 reviews)

• The work is only part time and therefore employees are not entitled to any full time benefits(in 5 reviews)

Great Company - Very laid back.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Akron, OH

ProsCorporate is very laid back - dress code is flexible - jeans are perfectly fine unless we have corporate guests, then it's khaki's. Managers's can be amazing

ConsActionlink is a rollercoaster - and you have to be prepared for that! Tons of work one month, then nothing for a while. No regularly schedule reviews, unlesur manager makes it a priority.Paid well for job.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare with your people how Dealing With Ambiguity is a required skill. Continue to share updates on projects (Go Todd London!) and just keep the information coming!

Great part-time job for supplemental income

LG Brand Advocate (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsClear goals, good training, fair bonus structure, management communicated well

Consalmost always weekend hours, not much flexibility with changing assigned work days, campaigns can be sporadic

Advice to Senior Managementmore communication on availability of future campaigns

Not too bad, a bit unstable currently

Merchandiser (Former Employee)

ProsGenerally flexible hours, everything is pretty easy to learn and manage. Everything is easily accessible from your smartphone or tablet, so you can fill out your information on the go so less printing! Training was pretty straight-forward. HR is quick to respond to any issues. Paid time for driving between stores. Nice rep help line for all issues, and nice merch kit!

ConsLots of last minute calls and emails, 2-3 people calls are a HASSLE. Managers aren't always as accessible as they should be. Pay rate isn't as competitive as other merchandising companies. Lack of conference calls to explain new programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo away with the 2-3 person calls.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ActionLink offers a great work atmosphere for the self motivated individual.

ProsThe Regional Manager that worked for was great. He is always available and your biggest cheerleader. Very positive person.

ConsThe reimbursements for travel are ridiculously low.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized.

Good place to start in retail sale

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule
    Awesome and helpful managers

ConsNot enough working hour
    Cut paid
    This last one is not really a con but something to consider for new hire: everything need to self learn through videos and online trainings. Nobody gonna be around to teach you step by step

Great Part Time opportunities

ProsThe company offers many different opportunities.
    Managers are very helpful and friendly.
    The job is fun if you are interested in sales and electronics.

ConsOpportunities are mostly seasonal.
    The hours are not enough.

Very awesome experience for part timers

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Westminster, CA

ProsOne of the best managers I've had, easily communicated with him, willing to go out of his way to help me grow.

ConsSometimes way too short of an hours offered per weekend and there are days we just dont work for a month or two. I dont mind 12-15 hours a week but 8 hour per week is just too short in my opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that there are down times for the projects but I just personally think 8 hours a week is a bit low for a part time.

Dishonest and Corrupt Supervisors

Merchandising Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThey do allow you to set your own schedule to some extent. It has the potential of being a good job for a college student since it will allow you to schedule your jobs around your college schedule. The chance to meet new people and travel to unfamiliar areas is a plus.

ConsSome of the lower level and mid-level management is not trustworthy. I had them schedule several jobs for me when the contract had either expired or not started yet. Whenever this happened, I would perform the job for them and when I arrived at home to input the data and file my reports the job had been removed from my work calendar so I had no way to report my expenses or be paid at all for performing those jobs. This was a result of a manager scheduling something incorrectly and in order to cover their mistake they removed all traces of it from the paperwork. They then made it impossible to contact their managers or almost anyone in the corporate offices to report their misdeeds. Their new driving expense reimbursement policy makes it impossible for anyone living in more rural areas to make any money. I was to the point of losing money on every job I performed for them. The more I tried to seek my justified pay for those jobs I performed (which I was never paid for doing), the more I was punished by the lower level supervisors who would go weeks without sending any jobs to me. The lower level supervisors I had also did everything they could to make it nearly impossible to receive any reimbursement for travel expenses. I was never reimbursed for any of the miles over 370 I drove in any single day and I was never reimbursed for my meal expenses or hotel expenses when the job required it. Many of the low level supervisors I had would promise me bonuses over the phone for performing jobs with little or no notice, but those bonuses never materialized in my pay checks. If they sent me an e-mail, I would get paid the bonuses, but only if I had it in writing did I ever receive any of the bonuses I was promised. I learned quickly if you want something from a supervisor, get it in writing, do not trust any promises they make over the phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide employees with a way to report on their supervisors. The company is too top heavy to make a decent profit. Stop hiring people from outside the company to become managers for your company and promote more from within the company. Stop rearranging the territories as often, it wastes money and increases your overall overhead expenses. Allow employees easier access to report exact expenses and stop limiting their ability to report any mileage over 370 miles in a day, their should be an unlimited mileage expense reporting on the every day reporting web site. Your lower level supervisors don't like to give the web site address for the expense reporting form and don't like to file them so they can show their area to be making a greater profit, which is often at the expense of the lowest paid employees in your company. Fire the vast majority of your lower level supervisors, most of them will do anything to cover their mistakes and try to look as good as possible to your company. If your company paid its lower level employees for their expenses in full, gave all the bonuses promised to those employees, and had managers worthy of trust, your turnover rate would be a lot lower. There are no merit based pay raises and in almost two years of working there I received no time-in-grade raises, thus there are no incentives to perform the job well or to want to stay longer with your company.

Fun, but unproductive

Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIts truly a fun job. Its a job in which one can gain much work experience and new skills.

ConsThe pay is awful. If you are working with Action Link, expect poor pay and 10 hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither higher pay or better work hours

Warehouse associate

Warehouse (Former Employee) Akron, OH

ProsSmall environment everyone got along. Works around your school schedule if need be. Laid back environment management is good also

ConsNo job security. I was laid off after 6 months and before I was let go a manager of 20 years was let go after a failed project in which both of us worked 12 plus hours a day to make sure we reached a deadline!

Worked for ActionLink? Contribute to the Community!