ActivTrades

2.7

Alex Pusco

Great place to work

I worked at ActivTrades full-time

Pros

- Laid back environment
    - Good salary and quarterly bonuses
    - Multilingual environment, you can speak almost every language spoken in the world!
    - Nice and funny colleagues who make the work easier
    - Some good benefits
    - Fairs and events, company dinners and parties

Cons

- Long working hours.. 10 hours per day is too much..
    - Sometimes you can feel a bit the lack of organization in some departments of the company

Reduce working hours!

A place to learn, grow and develop

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ActivTrades full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Good salary and benefits
    - Discretionary quarterly bonus across the company (not alot of companys offer such)
    - Excellent workplace equipment
    - Open door policy from senior management
    - Vibrate and youthful work enviroment

Cons

- There needs to be more top down communication

- There needs to be more strategic top down communication to staff

Unhealthy, unethical, unprofessional, unimportant

I worked at ActivTrades full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some nice people working there - like in every company. Sadly no other pros

Cons

This company couldn't present itself more contrary to the outside world than to the picture you get as an employee (see all the below references).

I am so glad that I was given the chance to move on since my talent, my health and my reputation were on the line whilst working there.

Managers do not care a bit about managing or putting in a word for their employees, they are puppets on a string who solely adhere to the streamlined riquirements of one big duce.

I have worked with very badly educated colleagues who didn't have a clue about what they were doing there - but as long as they were obedient they were treated in an unjustifyable favourised way, whereas persons who had the potential to contribute real value were mobbed and treated like criminals for only saying their mind / for making alternative suggestions.

Incredible workloads for very low wages. Ten hour shifts that leave your head spinning with frustration, bad mood, fear of being picked at, and if you leave on time you'll be looked at in a bad way. Customers are not treated fairly since internal rules are made to ensure the company gets away with an inconsistent strategy of dealing with their clients. Both are being milked and squeezed out like lemons, customers and work force.

Close down or turn change. QUICKLY

A bit boring in that you don't learn much but great working environment

Current Employee - Account Representative in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Representative in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ActivTrades full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good money
    Great people
    Nice parties
    one two three four five six seven eight nine ten

Cons

Slow career
    Little development
    Long working hours
    one two three four five six seven eight nine ten

Invest in People

The Dead End

Former Employee - IT Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at ActivTrades full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some good people to work with.
    Central London office location, very good for those using public transport.
    With no proper controls its easy to access and learn systems which wouldn't normally be available to employees

Cons

There is one manager who wants to manage everything. No expense is spared to enable this manager to monitor, record, spy on and eavesdrop on employees. There is an extremely bad atmosphere and the behaviour of some 'special' employees is completely ignored regardless if it borders on bullying or harassment.

The salary is very low and the expectation to give 100% all the time contradict each other. Whilst 'special' employees get taken out for dinner regularly, others are timed and openly attacked if they are perceived to be late. In over two years lunch was always eaten at the desk.

No official bonus system and no real targets applied or monitored. Employees can be fired for no reason and don't expect to be taken into a room when it happens. It often occurs publicly and is quite aggressive.

Worry about managing the business and not micro managing the employees. Employ some experienced managers and let them manage.

If only I had read the reviews about Activtrades earlier...now I'm stuck for the moment

Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I have been working at ActivTrades full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sadly they are none except that there are some nice people working at Activtrades. Bot they are stuck as well or they gave up their career.

Cons

If I only had read the reviews about Activtrades earlier...sadly I had to discover it all by myself. The reviews describe the company and its culture all to accurate…. Next step for me, find a new job and leave. For all who might consider to join this company, walk away form them as soon as possible. I surely will do so.

change....this management style leads you nowhere...

ActivTrades has a very bad reputation in the market for good reasons

I worked at ActivTrades full-time

Pros

They have plenty positions to fill because people are leaving constantly. Never seen a company with a higher turnover of people.

Everyone who is not looking for a career or a meaningful job and can stand total observation...go for it. The salary for doing nothing is quite reasonable.

Cons

- everything, literally everything you do within the office will be monitored and used against you. Don't dare to talk about private stuff in the office. The microphones in the ceiling will pick it up. they scan your emails and encourage loyal colleagues to spy on you. unmatched working conditions.

- you have to check out the office in order to go to the toilet. they want to know how much time you spent on the toilet

- salary depends on how close you are to the owner. bonus system is extremely vague.

- they only want monkeys. everyone with a brain or ambitions is not really welcomed. this company is a dead end for your career. Try to find one former employee who will report positive things about activtrades

- support has to deal with all the problems a b-book broker creates. unfilled orders, slippage, misquotes. it is your name on the line. you're first contact. the management don't care if one of your answers shows up in a forum under your name. take care about your online reputation!

Start to respect the people who are working for you. A business owner and management which distrust its staff constantly, wont last all to long. Total observation won't build trust and definitely prohibits loyal and hard working people.

good starting place. Do not expect to take lunch or finish on time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

I worked at ActivTrades

Pros

There are some great people working here. There is a chance to learn a lot if you work hard enough

Cons

No respect from management for its employees. Benefits package needs a great deal of improvement. one man wants to control everything. favouritist by management. there is nowhere to progress with activtrades. you'll get promises and a job title change but it is all improvements on paper only. unpredicable bonuses

Take one people that can be trusted to manage instead of trying to do it all yourself. start treating employees more like people