Activant Solutions (California)

Be The First To
Add Photos

Activant Solutions (California) President, CEO, and Director Pervez A. Qureshi

Pervez A. Qureshi

Pros
  • Excellent work/life balance policies, including work from home options(in 3 reviews)

• Company allows flexiblity in schedeles which allows for a good work life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Once senior management is bored with the excitement, the projects die(in 8 reviews)

• Company upper management focused way too much on short-term numbers(in 7 reviews)

Long Time Employee's Perspective

OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI spent 17 years with Triad/Activant so I would rate my experience as overall very good. Opportunities were always present to move within the company. I held several positions in my time there and enjoyed most. Many wonderful co-workers.

ConsBase sales compensation not the best. some of the senior management was firmly established which sometimes led to a business as usual approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing specific

Love the place -- ditch the antiques.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood salary and benefits with room for growth!

ConsLots of business unit managers have been around way too long. They don't think outside their antiquated box and seem to be coasting until death or retirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the oldies who can't change.

Was a great place to work when it was Triad. Had limited experience with Activant.

Telesales (Former Employee) Livermore, CA

ProsGreat co-workers. Was a very positive work environment
    Club rewards was excellent for achievers
    Room for growth
    Benefits were good
    Pay was at par with job

ConsOriginal owners sold to a larger corporation and the good feeling turned very corporate.
    Big guns came in and slashed teams.
    Lost the good vibe.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really liked the managers that I worked for. To me the problem was the new company coming in -not the old.
    Just business as "usual"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

doing the best they can with resources at hand

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Livermore, CA

Prosthe people and customers are the best, fair management team, hard work and long hours will pay off with good rewards

Conslong hours, and demanding work

Advice to Senior Managementlisten and promote your internal talent

Typical private equity company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRespectful work environment; nice people; a lot of freedom and flexibilty in performing your job; results matter; in my experience, management was very open and honest

ConsBelow-market pay (unless you negotiate) and benefits; total focus on meeting EBITDA goals above all else; no real company-sponsored employee development opportunities; they'll nickel and dime you to death

Advice to Senior ManagementSet an example for employees. You shouldn't be renting a premium car and eating in nice restaruants while your employees have to upgrade to a Chevy Cobalt and exist on a $35/day per diem.

Rules are fare, just sell

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsIf you follow the fews rules that ask of you, then you'll fit in well. There's enough prospects in the patch to make a nice living.

ConsAlways looking for the next deal

Advice to Senior ManagementPush the technology side of the software even more. Need more marketing/web efforts to generate leads for the sales reps.

Activant Solutions is a good place to work, however the former company, Triad was much better

Data Base Administrative (Current Employee) Livermore, CA

ProsMy job provides me with allot of flexibility in terms of my work schedule, although I know other departments are not this flexible. Activant is a community minded company that has their hand in various charities throughout the Bay Area. Although I cannot speak for other departments, I am treated fairly as is my co-workers. The benefits are good, not great but in today's world, anyone with any type of benefits’ cannot complain much. The work environment is adequate enough being this company was re-located around 6 years ago to a new building. It is centrally located for both people living in San Joaquin County and the Tri-Valley area.

ConsThe rate of pay is very sub-standard. There does not seem to be a lot of opportunity of professional or personal growth. As with many companies in today's economic woes, Activant has recently downsized one of its divisions and speculation is that the downsizing process is not yet complete. They have also outsourced some of the work force to foreign countries, which by the way has so far proven to be very counter productive and has produced a negative company image. I believe that communication between senior management and mid to lower management could improve. The system technology we currently have can also be upgraded and or improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are too many micro managers that could be more productive and better suited in other positions.

Acquired too much too fast- lsot good employeees in the scramble

Multiple Posotions (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCoworkers were great. We stuck together through it all.

ConsManagement needs to spend some time in the trenches again to remember how their changes affect process. When the ownership changed (again) a lot of good people and years of product knowledge were lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line people and stop layoffs of the people with the most product knowledge

Inconsistent messages and directions from upper management

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsTreats managers well, employees a fantastic customer service team who are extremely dedicated to making the customer satisfied.

ConsLoves to downsize anytime quarterly targets are missed. Loves to change bonus plan rules on the fly. All customer service teams are overworked and underpaid. Normally I would not use generic blanket statements like that, but in this case, it is certainly true.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower your employees to do what is necessary to meet the customers' needs. The rules seem to change too often, and with the extremely reduced staffing numbers, making the customers happy is almost impossible at times.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility, training, management, tools, travel

ConsSalary, recognition, incompetent peers, human resources

Worked for Activant Solutions (California)? Contribute to the Community!