Active Network

www.activenetwork.com

Active Network Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Darko Dejanovic

Pros
  • We also had a nice work-life balance and usually had fun office activities(in 16 reviews)

• You work from home if you're sick or you can take a vacation day(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance was a challenge for me, as the "hours in" were at least 50 per week(in 11 reviews)

• Upper management uses a lot of fear so middle management has poor examples(in 19 reviews)

Disappointing

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsStarting out, the pay is good

ConsThere is a lack of communication between managers and employees. Managers do not speak directly to their team about issues they are having; before taking matters to HR. The environment can be very childish and adults get treated like children. There is a bunch of double standards. Employees do not feel comfortable approaching managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should be able to do what their team is doing so that they can help the team. Managers need to be evaluated by team members because many abuse their power and do not adhere to rules which they want employees to follow. Many managers are incompetent and there is no one to communicate that without retaliation.

Should not be consider a great place to work any more.

Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsAble to WFH, Flexible hours, Friendly colleagues

ConsAre not loyal to their employees. During sprints, there is so consideration for the employee, just burn them out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo work-life balance. You should consider the employee as an asset instead of disposable.

A company that used to be awesome

ProsActiveX, the wellness program. Workouts. Comrade.

ConsThe leadership is bad. Salary is low and promotions are non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was great under previous management. New management doesn't focus on employees anymore.

Multimedia Designer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsTechnology company. Personal growth.

ConsLow salary. Poor upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementRevert to previous management leadership. Focus on employees and clients will follow.

Love this place

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsVery challenging work, a lot of hiring in Irving. You can make good money at this place. A lot of opportunities coming from positions in San Diego.

ConsToo early to say. Been here for 3 months only.

Easy calls, no hours

Work At Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Eustis, FL

Proseasygoing customers, they are calling in mainly to make camping reservations, so most are in good moods, easy computer programs to learn, friendly coworkers and mgrs

Consslow systems, only get good hours once a month when a certain park goes on sale. otherwise you are lucky if you get more than 12 hrs a week.

Advice to Senior Managementupgrade your systems, the programs are easy to use, when they will load. I have 30mbps internet speed, but the programs still took ages to load a page. Makes it difficult to get through a cust call.

Wonderful co-workers, new direction has shifted to a cash mill

Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWonderful employees on your side, decent management. Decent benefits, and the Activex program. This used to be a great company to work for!

ConsAlmost no training, no support, your list of responsibilities will grow exponentially, and your pay will stay the same. New equity company that purchased active has zero interest in its employees, the product or its clients. Stay away during this time of transition to Dallas.

10 years plus at Active

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat culture, fun place

ConsSalary is well under competitive rates. Hard to get more pay.

Tough place to work if you are lazy

Sales Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood pay. You can learn a lot. Many changes-most of them are really needed.

ConsCompany is going through a lot of changes and many are fighting it.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent. We all know about the new location.

Pretty good place to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey did not micro manage and allowed individuals to share concerns and ideas.
    Health benefits were good to great. Pay was on par with others. PTO was outstanding.

ConsThe employee review process was not beneficial.

Worked for Active Network? Contribute to the Community!