Active Network

Updated December 25, 2014
Updated December 25, 2014
2.6

Darko Dejanovic

Pros
  • There are no pros to working here, other than you can work from home on certain campaigns (in 19 reviews)

• The work life balance is great, including a cool employee wellness program (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance was a challenge for me, as the "hours in" were at least 50 per week (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management uses a lot of fear so middle management has poor examples (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

"Leadership" managed by fear

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

Compensation is great if you pander to the executives.

Cons

Leaders who have 0 compassion for employees

Focus on the customers not your pocketbook

There were some positives prior to the acquisition

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and casual work environment. A variety of daily workouts were available and highly encouraged as a way to network and sweat with people in other departments across the organization.

Cons

The work was frustrating as one week we’re heading one direction, the next another. Project managers nightmare. In 3 years, I had 3 different managers, which hindered upward mobility. Low to non-existent raises and no bonuses.

Follow through on commitments to operational excellence and growth opportunities. You may retain the great people long enough to succeed.

Challenging and rewarding environment with lots of exciting new initiatives.

Current Employee - Systems Architect
    Current Employee - Systems Architect

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Talent, Great new office Great Projects being worked on. I have received a good raise every year. Time off standard, nothing really different than any other company. Casual Culture.

Cons

More work than people to do it at times. Too much work is not always bad thing. Company needs larger and more unified efforts in some projects.

Focus .. focus..

Excellent company with great culture!

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

Flex hours, fun culture, if you work hard then you'll be rewarded (my career keeps growing here), great pay and benefits...

Cons

The move in 2014 was hard on a lot of people, but 2015 looks to be great.

Keep up the great work!

A Review

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to work from home, which is great since they set you up with what you need. No commuting, no worrying about the weather. You can tell them the hours you want to work. You can get cross trained on many things if you ask.

Cons

I don't think they recognize the employees who make reservations and such, those of us in the non corporate environment.

Quit ignoring the ones who do the grunt work. Not everyone can work in headquarters and make a lot. Low pay is not very wonderful

This company treated me right. I have no complaints

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

Anyone with a good work ethic and adaptability should do fine here. There are opportunities for advancement available. I have seen people rise through the ranks quickly if they have the right attitude.

Cons

Climate is very different between contracts at this employer. One contract makes great use of positive reinforcement to motivate their reps while the other contracts focus on the negative. Talk to a few people from each contract before agreeing to working there.

Once wonderful experience

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Carmel, IN

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work-life balance was great, pay was good and the job was not stressful over-all.

Cons

When the company was acquired by Vista, the culture that was Active started to fade until you didn't see or feel it at all. The writing was on the wall, when hiring for the Carmel office was frozen and the staff trimming started happening, the office slowly emptied as the staff started looking for new opportunities. The remaining few of us liked our jobs and hoped that the reality of the office getting shuttered would not happen, not a wise choice, the office was closed before the end of the year.

I hated my life thanks to working here

Former Employee - Market Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Market Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were awesome. I'm still close with the majority of them. Really liked management. Bagel Friday was fun.

Cons

Constantly raising quotas that were already unreasonable. No on-boarding process whatsoever. I was expected to pick up the phone and start dialing with no knowledge of the product and I felt and sounded like an idiot. Stress, stress, stress. Too much sitting. Burnt out quickly.

Good luck in Texas.

So much potential, but never achieved, now a financial instrument

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great customers. Some passionate people. Potentially powerful competitive advantage. Vista brings focus potentially.

Cons

Too many acquisitions. Underskilled senior executive team. Vista acquisition brings hope to executing tough decisions with office locations and product lines. Executive team has the ability to slash and burn which is step 1, but no ability to deliver on step 2, re-build and grow. Tough times ahead, but I'm sure Vista's smart and they'll take care of that.

No advice. You aren't listening.

Was a good company but turned bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual work environment, work outs like yoga and cardio classes in morning, lunch, and evening, most of the people (not upper management) were great.

Cons

What brought me to the company no longer exists. They moved headquarters to Texas and did not treat current employees well in the transition. Over a year ago things started going downhill as people left and they didn't rehire leaving a few to do the work of many.

Too many strong performers left because of your desire to cut budgeting and promises the top performers would be compensated which never happened. Lack of company communication.