Active Network

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014
2.6

Darko Dejanovic

Pros
  • There are no pros to working here, other than you can work from home on certain campaigns (in 19 reviews)

• The work life balance is great, including a cool employee wellness program (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance was a challenge for me, as the "hours in" were at least 50 per week (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management uses a lot of fear so middle management has poor examples (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

There were some positives prior to the acquisition

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and casual work environment. A variety of daily workouts were available and highly encouraged as a way to network and sweat with people in other departments across the organization.

Cons

The work was frustrating as one week we’re heading one direction, the next another. Project managers nightmare. In 3 years, I had 3 different managers, which hindered upward mobility. Low to non-existent raises and no bonuses.

Follow through on commitments to operational excellence and growth opportunities. You may retain the great people long enough to succeed.

Challenging and rewarding environment with lots of exciting new initiatives.

Current Employee - Systems Architect
    Current Employee - Systems Architect

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Talent, Great new office Great Projects being worked on. I have received a good raise every year. Time off standard, nothing really different than any other company. Casual Culture.

Cons

More work than people to do it at times. Too much work is not always bad thing. Company needs larger and more unified efforts in some projects.

Focus .. focus..

Excellent company with great culture!

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

Flex hours, fun culture, if you work hard then you'll be rewarded (my career keeps growing here), great pay and benefits...

Cons

The move in 2014 was hard on a lot of people, but 2015 looks to be great.

Keep up the great work!

Work At Home Reservation Agent

Former Employee - Reservation Agent - Work At Home in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Reservation Agent - Work At Home in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at Active Network part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Paid 40 hour initial training
    On the job training throughout employment
    Flexible hours
    Quarterly bonus (if you meet criteria)
    Will work with you if you have an emergency.
    Team Leaders keep in constant contact with you, any questions are readily answered.

Cons

You start off with the national contract, then you get trained in states, but you do not get paid additional for learning and dealing with more policies.
    The started off requiring 22+ hours M-F, a Monday or a Friday plus a weekend day, then the last year I worked they required 34+ hours weekdays as well as a Saturday or Sunday.
    No benefits package, as it is a temp/seasonal job.

It would be advisable if management would consider an hourly raise-per-contract for reservation agents as they are required to know policy for each contract. It would be a great incentive other than just the quarterly bonus.

A Review

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to work from home, which is great since they set you up with what you need. No commuting, no worrying about the weather. You can tell them the hours you want to work. You can get cross trained on many things if you ask.

Cons

I don't think they recognize the employees who make reservations and such, those of us in the non corporate environment.

Quit ignoring the ones who do the grunt work. Not everyone can work in headquarters and make a lot. Low pay is not very wonderful

This company treated me right. I have no complaints

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

Anyone with a good work ethic and adaptability should do fine here. There are opportunities for advancement available. I have seen people rise through the ranks quickly if they have the right attitude.

Cons

Climate is very different between contracts at this employer. One contract makes great use of positive reinforcement to motivate their reps while the other contracts focus on the negative. Talk to a few people from each contract before agreeing to working there.

So much potential, but never achieved, now a financial instrument

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great customers. Some passionate people. Potentially powerful competitive advantage. Vista brings focus potentially.

Cons

Too many acquisitions. Underskilled senior executive team. Vista acquisition brings hope to executing tough decisions with office locations and product lines. Executive team has the ability to slash and burn which is step 1, but no ability to deliver on step 2, re-build and grow. Tough times ahead, but I'm sure Vista's smart and they'll take care of that.

No advice. You aren't listening.

I hated my life thanks to working here

Former Employee - Market Development Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Market Development Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were awesome. I'm still close with the majority of them. Really liked management. Bagel Friday was fun.

Cons

Constantly raising quotas that were already unreasonable. No on-boarding process whatsoever. I was expected to pick up the phone and start dialing with no knowledge of the product and I felt and sounded like an idiot. Stress, stress, stress. Too much sitting. Burnt out quickly.

Good luck in Texas.

Was a good company but turned bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual work environment, work outs like yoga and cardio classes in morning, lunch, and evening, most of the people (not upper management) were great.

Cons

What brought me to the company no longer exists. They moved headquarters to Texas and did not treat current employees well in the transition. Over a year ago things started going downhill as people left and they didn't rehire leaving a few to do the work of many.

Too many strong performers left because of your desire to cut budgeting and promises the top performers would be compensated which never happened. Lack of company communication.

Learning Curve

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is the time of changing hands (and corporate foresight), opportunities are available if you know what you speak that is worth value to the new management.

Cons

Product not living up to market demand, need to listen more and understand what customer wants before its too late to remain competitive

Bringing back the hype, happiness and joy of working @ Active Network