Active Network Reviews

Reset

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Active Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Have hired good people in the trenches

Cons

Management only focus is selling company. Have not put money ins R&D so products are suffering.

Advice to Management

Hurry up and sell

2. Active Network is a nice place to work.

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

The Salaries and environment is good

Cons

Some of the benefits could be better

Great job- Work hard and you'll succeed

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're driven and work hard, there's no limit to what you can do. The downtown Dallas office is great, and all of my coworkers have a ton of energy and enthusiasm. I've seen my efforts recognized by management, when I finish a project or work long hours. But we also have fun, and I have the flexibility to work from home or adjust my work hours when needed.

The upper management tries to make a point of visiting us, which is pretty awesome. I like being able to talk about work, or life in general, with them, and know that they've got my back when I need it.

The wellness "ActiveX" program encourages people to lead healthy, well-balanced lives, and that's a big part of company culture. There are a lot of events, such as happy hours, intramural teams, workout classes, and holiday potlucks.

Also, if you're into that sort of thing, there are coffee, ice cream, soda, iced tea, iced coffee and slushy machines. And bagel Fridays.

Cons

There are certain positions in the company that seem like they would be less fulfilling, namely the MDR role. But, I've seen people who get their foot in the door with that job, and once they prove their worth, they're moved on to bigger and better things. I know some people don't like the changes in the company, but I see them as opportunities to embrace the change and be successful with it.

The benefits aren't amazing. I know some people have families to support, and I don't know how good the health plan is for them.

Parking gets pricey downtown, and only a portion is covered by the company.

Advice to Management

C-level management- keep visiting us on the lower floors!

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Generous base salary of 45 thousand dollars per year. Additional 15 thousand dollars per year for meeting minimum call metric requirements. Very nice co-workers. Excellent building and facilities.

Cons

What was my ACTIVE? Smoke & Mirrors. Stress. Hide my contempt of moronic direct supervisors. Some days, my team would show up before 7AM, and would be "encouraged" to stay until after 7pm. The direct requirement from senior management was to create at least 11k worth of opportunities each and every day. The territories are arbitrarily assigned, without any regard to sales potential in each. The top performers randomly received inbound opportunities in excess of 100k, and that is the reason for their success. Still, we would be instructed to ask them what they were doing right, so we could have the same success. Micro management would be an understatement. The managers do not even know the products that they bark at salesmen to sell.
    I felt guilty for the sales I made, because the support customers receive is laughable.

I was successful at this company. I resigned because the I felt this was a complete joke and a house of cards. This was also the highest paying job I have ever had. Still, I was completely miserable. I have never left a job so fast. I lined up another position before I gave notice. I know others that quit before they had another position elsewhere. That is how terrible this place is. RUN.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

This is the best company I've ever worked for, and I feel extremely appreciated here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Dallas office is great. There's a ping-pong table, a foosball table, free soda, free frozen yogurt, and a beautiful tavern area to eat in or work in.

I've never had any problems working from home. My boss and his boss are both very laid back and only care that I get my job done, not that I'm in the office past a certain point. If some day I have to run an errand in the morning and I show up late, my boss just tells me not to worry about it, and I'll make it up some day in the future.

We get a paid day off each year to do volunteer work, and another one to do something "active," which can range from marathons to a day at the museums. It's a nice way to encourage you to go do something fun with a day off.

I've never felt more appreciated at a job. People are bizarrely thankful for things, my supervisors always tell me that they think I'm doing a great job, and my recent performance evaluation provided monetary evidence of their respect for me.

Work-Life Balance is extremely important here, or at least in my department. My boss never wants us to kill ourselves overworking. Overtime happens, but it's pretty rare.

Cons

Parking is awful, since the Dallas office is downtown, but the company helps you out with $50 a month for parking or mass transit, so that's something.

Benefits aren't great. We only have one health plan, and it's a high deductible plan.

Other than that, though, I don't really have any big complaints. I do feel like there's some responsibility creep, but that could just be me in particular. Every so often I get assigned a project that leaves me wondering whether I'm really the right person, or even in the right department, for this sort of thing, but I always get lots of support from both peers and supervisors, so it's never terrible, and I figure it's good experience for the future.

Advice to Management

Get better benefits. They're probably the worst place to cheap out on.

7. Operations

I have been working at Active Network full-time

Pros

ACTIVE Network is the type of company that increases your value in the job market. ACTIVE is results driven so it is not a 'watch the clock' type company. You get to work when you do and leave when you do, as long as you do your job successfully and efficiently, no one cares how many hours you're at your desk. ACTIVE does not need to worry about people taking advantage of that flexibility or any other perk that we have (such as ping pong, fooseball, ice cream, soda, coffee, yoga, etc) because that type of person is not hired here. This also means we can count on our team to do what they need to do, slackers are not tolerated. ACTIVE can be tough in terms of the fast-paced, produce, produce, produce type mentality but learning to adapt and succeed in an environment like that will add to personal employment value ten fold. ACTIVE is the company people want to snag employees from, our reputation for a strong work ethic has already taken root in Dallas.

Cons

The ramp up to being a contributing employee and team member is very quick. Because of the move from San Diego to Dallas, not all of the processes in place are still relevant so these is quite a bit of reinventing of procedures, not necessarily a con but definitely a roadblock.

Advice to Management

I feel like management is understanding of everything because they are just as new as the rest of us.

DevOPs Engineer

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Avon, CO
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Avon, CO

I have been working at Active Network

Pros

The ActiveX Employee Wellness program should be a global standard for empowering your employees to live an Active Healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Management tore the core vision of the company to meet wall streets pressures. This resulted in a crushing blow to the Work/Life Balance that drove people to work so hard and believe in the company. Ultimately it was sold it to a Venture capital firm that is tearing it down.

Advice to Management

Rediscover your core mission and get your teams to believe in you. Revitalize with the help of ActiveX.

Dog Eat Dog Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffdale, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bluffdale, UT

I worked at Active Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with big name companies and attending events. It was a fun product and working the events was a lot of fun. You got to experience your work live in the events. There are some great people there but it is far out weighed by the bad,

Cons

A good handful of employees managers included were poisonous. Backstabbing, Sharing personal and private information about employees and stepping on whom ever they could to climb the corporate ladder. They also do a yearly purge. They place one employee from every department on probation and tell them that they can pick it up and get out of the probation which never happens. They recently got bought out and go by the name Lanyon.They also have some managers who think they know how to do the job but in reality has no idea. however there are some amazing people there that are fun to work with. Be a good little solder and do as your told and you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Don't play cloak and dagger games with your staff. Don't tell your employees they are doing well or horrible without giving feedback. Threats and distrust in your employees will only backfire. Lastly, Stand up for your team members instead of throwing them to to the wolves. You should rise together and fall together not finger point and blame.

10. Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is great. Lots of cool people from all kinds of backgrounds. Leadership trusts its employees to get the job done and they do. Not a lot of time spent in useless meetings. Office and company culture is very trendy.

Cons

Pace is incredibly fast. Rarely is there an 'easy' day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. The perks, the Dallas office, and the corporate wellness program are just a few ways management shows they care about their employees. They can be slave drivers sometimes, but the rewards are justified. Work hard, play hard.

We gave it a good run. Enjoy, Dallas.

I worked at Active Network

Pros

Nice looking website, company story and talk about values.

Cons

Super political prior to acquisition and move to Dallas. This company was demolished in San Diego, good folks left, other less qualified folks rose to the top ranks and moved to Dallas :)

RSS Feed </> Embed