Active Network

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
2.6

Darko Dejanovic

Pros
  • We also had a nice work-life balance and usually had fun office activities (in 18 reviews)

• You work from home if you're sick or you can take a vacation day (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance was a challenge for me, as the "hours in" were at least 50 per week (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management uses a lot of fear so middle management has poor examples (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Love this place

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very challenging work, a lot of hiring in Irving. You can make good money at this place. A lot of opportunities coming from positions in San Diego.

Cons

Too early to say. Been here for 3 months only.

Wonderful co-workers, new direction has shifted to a cash mill

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful employees on your side, decent management. Decent benefits, and the Activex program. This used to be a great company to work for!

Cons

Almost no training, no support, your list of responsibilities will grow exponentially, and your pay will stay the same. New equity company that purchased active has zero interest in its employees, the product or its clients. Stay away during this time of transition to Dallas.

Easy calls, no hours

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative  in  Eustis, FL
    Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Service Representative in Eustis, FL

I worked at Active Network part-time for less than a year

Pros

easygoing customers, they are calling in mainly to make camping reservations, so most are in good moods, easy computer programs to learn, friendly coworkers and mgrs

Cons

slow systems, only get good hours once a month when a certain park goes on sale. otherwise you are lucky if you get more than 12 hrs a week.

upgrade your systems, the programs are easy to use, when they will load. I have 30mbps internet speed, but the programs still took ages to load a page. Makes it difficult to get through a cust call.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

10 years plus at Active

Current Employee - Project Coordinator  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture, fun place

Cons

Salary is well under competitive rates. Hard to get more pay.

A company that used to be awesome

I have been working at Active Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

ActiveX, the wellness program. Workouts. Comrade.

Cons

The leadership is bad. Salary is low and promotions are non-existent.

Listen to your employees.

Pretty good place to be

I worked at Active Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They did not micro manage and allowed individuals to share concerns and ideas.
    Health benefits were good to great. Pay was on par with others. PTO was outstanding.

Cons

The employee review process was not beneficial.

A most disrespectful way to treat hard-working employees. Senior Management should be ashamed of themselves.

Former Employee - Client Applications Specialist
    Former Employee - Client Applications Specialist

I worked at Active Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Right now, there are no good reasons to work there. I perceive morale to be low at every office I dealt with, except perhaps in the Texas office, where they appear to be hiring by the truckload.

Cons

When I started my job, I was really excited - as a casualty of the recession, I had gone back to school and was ready to start my new career. Let me be clear - the team I worked with was great, the bosses in my local office great,. Pay pretty low, but I expected that it would rise with hard work.

How the mighty have fallen. The change in owners in 2013 made for a change in the way staff in our office was treated (I can't speak for other offices, but I suspect similar experiences). The dismissive attitude from senior management made it hard to do our jobs. It became difficult to reach HR. At all-staff meetings, the CEO made a point to talk about changes on the way, we need to be profitable, the transitions were normal, etc., but suddenly, customer service wasn't as important as numbers on the page. Any time we questioned what was happening, the manager had to voice upper management demands. They would tell us how well we were doing compared to other teams, then make more work for us by wanting ever more statistics and setting unrealistic goals for client contact and issue resolution.

In addition, the way they closed our branch office was **disrespectful** with a capital "DIS." We knew our lease was coming up, and all we wanted was to make plans (few of us live in a vacuum - budget and family impact plans needed to be made). No answers to inquiries for months, but lots of rumors and then, during the busiest client contact month of the year for my team, they laid us off in the middle of the day with no opportunity to notify clients we were in the middle of helping. No respect for us, or the clients that pay ACTIVE money for products and services.

I have worked for all different types of organizations. It's not the first time I have felt management could do better, but this is certainly the biggest lack of consideration I have ever seen in a large company. It's really sad too, because ACTIVE seems to pride itself on promoting healthy lifestyles and community involvement.

You have a lot of good people still working for you. Get organized, get over your disrespectful attitude, and take good care of the people who sell and support the products and services you offer. If you do that, they will take good care of you.

Good people. Good products

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like this company a lot. Been here 4 months and I'm being challenged a lot. Pay is good. Many opportunities to learn more and take more on.

Cons

I don't have any major complaints.

None

Tough place to work if you are lazy

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay. You can learn a lot. Many changes-most of them are really needed.

Cons

Company is going through a lot of changes and many are fighting it.

Be more transparent. We all know about the new location.

great concept, unsure of future with new leadership and ownership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great culture

great employee benefits (medical benefits, yoga, lunchtime workouts, bagel fridays in san diego)

great industry (activity participation management)

Cons

company was a great fit in san diego, but now moving all positions to dallas, but management has still not communicated this to employees

new management likes to rule by fear

no longer recognized on purely performance, but rather hours worked

leadership has publicly voiced that they are no longer interested in having a good company culture

you're losing great talent and institutional knowledge due to excessive turnover. also, let people know you are moving the headquarters to dallas, everyone knows this is coming so it's best to be transparent.

learn to appreciate your staff and reward them and they will work hard for you.

Worked for Active Network? Contribute to the Community!