ActiveHealth Management Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Richard Noffsinger

Pros
  • possible to work from home, the work itself if not difficult, great co-workers (in 4 reviews)

• Work life balance is good, managers care about their employees, and the healthcare field has a promising future (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Outsourcing of work has got the employees moral very low, I guess no one has listen to our President to keep the jobs in the USA (in 3 reviews)

• Too much energy and time spent in trying to adapt corporate mentality and methodology of the parent company that does not work for AHM (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ActiveHealth Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart, kind, hard working, innovative people committed to making a difference. Solid products that deliver results.

Cons

Same stuff that you have anywhere. Too much to do. Corporate owner that squeezes us. Still couldn't find a better place to work.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the mission. Continue the course.

2. Sales and Marketing Associate

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at ActiveHealth Management (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great and there to help you get started. It is a fun job especially if you love health!

Cons

Tough pay, tough to negotiate

3. IT Program Manager

Former Employee - IT Program Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Program Manager in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

If you push enough you can learn a lot. Good place to consult. Some teams are very focused and success driven.

Cons

Lack of communication, accountability, and upper management focus more on their careers than the success of the organization. A lot of off shore movement which lead to more communication problems. Title handed out like favors. I witnessed a high degree of disrespect for coworkers.

Advice to Management

Invest in leadership and coaching training. Don't cut all the consultants at the same time the work still needs to get done. Having a treadmill in your office, white boards everywhere and free coffee doesn't mean you are an Agile shop. Take a moment and inspire your resources. Overworking highly skilled teams is not going to give you the results you need in order to develop functional products

Chantilly great/ NY - think again

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at ActiveHealth Management (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Chantilly office was great. Organized, processes identified and followed. Product releases were successful and the clients were pleased.

Cons

As leadership transitioned to NY, nothing but chaos, rudeness and unprofessional behavior. Although great career growth years prior to the NY transition, no regrets on leaving after experiencing the lack of leadership in NY. Before the transition to NY I could have worked there for years.

Advice to Management

There needs to be real leadership in NY and not bosses. Give titles and responsibility to folks who really care about the product you are delivering and put in QUALITY time not just time. Leadership should take courses in professionalism.

Micromanagement & Politics.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at ActiveHealth Management (Less than a year)

Pros

None that i can think of.

Cons

1. High levels of micromanagement at Alpharetta office. Directors act as leads and managers act as resources. Director like to poke down in each and everything you are doing, leading to a very very uncomfortable and toxic work atmosphere. And this is not just one director, this is overall culture at the office starting at the very top level. So, working here can be very very stressful. 2. Peoples get hired and fired in no time. Do not join here especially as a contractor, you will become scapegoat of poor higher management decisions. 3. Work from home is considered a sin here.

7. Disease management RN

Pros

Nice office environment, decent benefits,

Cons

Sitting for most of an 8 hour shift

PHIT- DEFINES AND PROVES --> Extremely unhealthy and unprofessional work environment

I worked at ActiveHealth Management full-time

Pros

NOEN I CAN THINK OF. U may think this is Aetna, but its only an affiliate firm...

Cons

where do I begin on this. 1. most NYC team have an extremely rude attitude and zero professionalism 2. treat coworkers with absolutely no respect. [especially the poor offshore dept] 3. no clarity on the workflows and process that happens here [because they constantly change] 4. Oh and as a bonus, they hold you accountable as a violator, when you don't follow the process 5. Senior management is a big joke here..

Advice to Management

pointless to give any!

9. Great place to work

Former Employee - Programmer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Programmer in New York, NY

Pros

Great work culture. Easy to work.

Cons

Not good politics in higher management. Keep on changing organization structure.

Badly managed

Current Employee - Medical Officer in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Medical Officer in High Point, NC

I have been working at ActiveHealth Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good space, interesting products, fast moving field. Little pressure. Core assets are sound. Parent provides investment.

Cons

Management - team aren't happy. Poorly led. Competitors are more effective. Lack of focus. Unsure of strategy. Organization does not pull together.

Great Company with Great People!

I have been working at ActiveHealth Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best jobs I have ever had! I am surrounded by intelligent people that have a passion for what they do. I was hesitant taking the job when I saw all of the negative comments, but so far, I am happy I made the decision to work for this company. The people that work for ActiveHealth are always willing to help and great at what they do. The products we offer are also great, some of the best I have seen in the industry.

Cons

There is some of the typical corporate political stuff and the CEO is not the greatest, but if you have a good boss, it definitely eases the pain of having a sub-par CEO. Their IT systems are also behind the times and they need to work on making updates less frequently so as to not have so many planned outages.

Advice to Management

Good work, but CEO could use some work on people skills.

RSS Feed </> Embed