ActiveHealth Management

Add Photos

Richard Noffsinger

Employee Friendly

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFamily first. Very flexible. I have a 4 year old and I cannot imagine a more flexible work load. Work wise - Senior Management prioritizes work. Fast pace. Within the first 3 months you will notice - no matter what level you are hired at - YOUR WORK directly affects every layer of the business and how you are touching upon the lives of the clients and above all the MEMBERS. I feel the solutions ActiveHealth provides to affect the well being of it's member population is very critical, especially 1/3rd of our population is suspected to be obese.

ConsSenior Management needs to own up for it's failures for the priorities that they choose. Operates as a mom/pop main street business.

Not the best place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsMost employees have best interest of their clients at heart and are very helpful.

ConsThe company has management that are micro managers, do not walk the talk and have no transparency related to their decisions. A large discrepancy in what they intend to do and what they actually do.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk and employ managers who deliver quality and know how to manage their employees.

Pioneer in healthcare analytics, facing significant challenges tied to poor technology management

ProsCollegial relationships among veteran employees. Sense of doing intrinsically valuable work at leading edge of health care revolution.

ConsCompletely disengaged senior business management, unable to relate to employees. Confusing, scattered, sometimes seemingly irrational direction from parent company. Inadequate, poorly trained resources make quality work increasingly difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that competitiveness requires continuous,well-thought out investments in people and technology, not continuous cutbacks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the worst place to work at, but burnout rate is visibly high

ProsEmployees are very friendly and supportive, all the way up to management ranks. Very work at home friendly, which helps maintain a work/life balance. Salary and benefits are fair. Ok place to spend 2-3 years.

ConsExtremely stressful environment due to lack of resources and proper planning on management's part. People are stretched too thin, with little real recognition like promotions or advancement opportunities. If a "thank you" is all you need to feel rewarded for your hard work and loyalty, you'll be content here. Nearly every department has had major turnover in the last 2 years due to this. Employee morale is low because on top of the stressful work they do, they routinely see good people leaving. The only comfort to this is that you know your fellow coworkers and managers are all in the same boat but then you wonder why it's worth staying when no one seems happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employees happy by promoting them and managing their time better. It won't cost you as much as replacing them, financially or culturally. And PLEASE stop trying to intimidate people about the glassdoor reviews because it's a huge turn off to everyone.

A community of learning

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI'm always surrounded by colleagues who are willing to share and teach, I never had this in my other jobs. People are caring and willing to take the time to show you the ropes, you just have to be strong enough to ask, and open enough to see which colleagues to connect to. If you want to broaden your horizons in an ever changing industry, and help people, this is the place for you.

ConsSometimes decisions are made by corporate that employees don't fully understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out there more, message and message again. Market yourself with employees, clients and within the Aetna framework.

glad to be gone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice location for office
    some good people to work with
    pay OK but can depend on stuff other then performance

Consdefinitely its who you know or who likes you
    hard work is not what counts social skills with management types get you far
    low morale

Advice to Senior Managementhire some people who have a clue instead of who will agree with you all the time

Laid back environment, but not much challenge

Business Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery friendly people all the way to the senior management

ConsTrainings are not well supported

Industry pioneer working through a dynamic and challenging industry landscape.

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsActiveHealth has a long and respected history as a pioneer in the field of clinical analytics. Through mergers and other developments, it has also established itself as a leading player in the care management space. The people here are by and large warm and have a sense of purpose around delivering help and support to those who need it most. Our clients like what we have to offer and many client relationships are long-lasting. Work life balance is good, managers care about their employees, and the healthcare field has a promising future.

ConsThe issues that afflict ActiveHealth stem primarily from decision-making at the parent company, Aetna. A shift in focus from the plan sponsor business to the provider business when judged to be not entirely successful resulted in multiple and significant reorganizations. The core business has suffered, along with employee morale. Aetna needs to figure out their strategy and more effectively communicate it across their subsidiaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe the managers at ActiveHealth are doing what they can to right the ship and sharpen focus. Unfortunately, Aetna continues to see ActiveHealth as an ATM to fund other efforts and (often-misguided) forays into emerging fields. I would tell ActiveHealth management to stand up with more force to Aetna and to not allow them to get away with milking ActiveHealth dry.

An amazing team of talented people

Director (Current Employee) High Point, NC

ProsI love ActiveHealth Management and the work that we do. We have an excellent leadership team, supportive supervisors and staff who are all passionate about getting great results. A winning culture. Professional. We achieve outstanding results to support our members and clients, helping every person achieve their best health while providing impressive savings to our clients. This is the best team I have ever worked with. We are focused on achieving client results, being innovative and helping members to become healthy. Our team lives and breathes our Mission and Vision everyday.

ConsWhile I understand the need to be cautious with spending, you sometimes have to be willing to spend money to make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. Be more visible. Over communicate to employees. Embrace the team approach.

Unfair

ProsHealth benefits, excellent salary for basically doing nothing.

ConsPrejudice company!, inexperienced low level mangers which have no ability to manage whom are mostly Nurses with no business background and NO business acumen. This has resulted in virtual chaos in and out of the office, being there are work at home folks who have lost all respect for their manager, resulting in increasingly lower productivity. Repeatedly, the customer service representatives have come forth to upper management with specifics and articulated their concerns with the lack of managerial ability and inexperience of their (team lead).This has resulted in the loss of valued personnel, poor morale, and job searching as they see no future. The company is now using temps. more and more in lieu of full time employees in the customer service division. This is specific to the High Point office only. This company had potential but has lost it, due specifically to lower level management which upper management is blind to what is truly going on in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of current management. Bring in new management with business experience.

Worked for ActiveHealth Management? Contribute to the Community!