Actix

Actix Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Alex Hawker

Company with a bad working culture

Solution Architect (Current Employee)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Actix full-time for less than a year

ProsFairly competitive salary package.
Competitive employees benefits.
Good and comfy office environment (Malaysia).

Cons- Zero process implementation. Lack of standard management, source control, project support, and lack of communication among the teams.
- R&D/Engineering in UK were sitting on knight horse while the resources in offshore (who were mostly pre-sale, sales, support and technical consultants/SA) were "lowly living peasants". They were ego, hard to work with, and constantly blaming on offshore resources for their mistakes and errors.
They denied bugs, blamed CS with harsh words for asking unnecessary questions (which were necessary anyway), and never apologize when the fault was found to be theirs. The same experience goes to other units like Technical consultant team and SA team. Their egoism caused high turnover in CS team.
- Too revenue concentric. When a revenue target was not hit, they got rid of people . Multiple layoff had been done during my tenant, and that morally destroyed the employees. (it's not because they were losing money either, they just didn't make enough)

Advice to Senior Management- Get your engineering to support your operations team. Stop cultivating a culture where R&D are golden team and your own blue eye boy. Your business needs the 360 support from these product teams to be successful.
- Stop focusing on revenue and numbers and start looking into how to make your employees feel secure. Stop laying off people just because you don't make enough money.

EMEA Sales Engineer

EMEA Sales Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Actix full-time for more than a year

Pros4 years ago Actix was at the edge of technologies for RAN optimization. Nice relationships within the company, very competitive salaries.

ConsAs soon as top management of Actix was changed a lot of wrong strategic decisions were made. Staff was dramatically cut off, all efforts were spent for new products which failed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom my point of view the main company problem is reluctance of taking sales unit feedback into consideration for the key decision making.

Always changing...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Actix

ProsThe worker bees of the company were great and dedicated. Staff is very diverse and very intelligent.

ConsManagement changes meant personnel changes causing many of the early employees of the company to move on. Disconnect between board direction and employees.

The growing company with potential to fully unlock the full potential to impress and lead the industry

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I have been working at Actix

ProsWork life balance
Growing company whereby I can make some influence
Contribute my expertise in the areas

ConsLack of processes
Transparency
Sales driven

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Several years in Actix

Senior Developer (Current Employee)
Hammersmith, England (UK)

I have been working at Actix full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat majority of employees are fantastic. Professional, intelligent and very helpful.
I've learned a lot about architecture, technology, project management, continuous integration, etc... this list is very, very long.

In general most of the people are trying to do their work in the most efficient way so if there is a need for a script to automate something and speed up the process next time you are most welcome to do it.

The conclusion is: I never felt that people are scared of progress, improvements, learning something new - which was fantastic.

I was in ActixONE team but Analyzer team wasn't bad from what I heard as well.

There is a book group (with pizza) - at least when I was working there...
Cakes on Friday - there is £2 contribution per month and for this money we were buying cakes - lots of them.
Social Do's !!! Great thing! Once a month all participants in this program (£15 per month) are going to pub and then to different restaurants each time. We visited some of the best restaurants in London and drank huge amounts of alcohol :) - the company was covering the difference between your £15 and the real cost!

ConsSometimes people stay really long hours.
If the project is cross-border with German branch there are tensions sometimes. Who is responsible for what, who should align their interfaces... etc.

Not enough effort put into creating framework around JBoss to allow easy development and testing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to say. In overall they were quite good :)

Worked for Actix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Actix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Actix CEO Alex Hawker. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Actix employees.