Actuate

Actuate Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Actuate President, CEO, and Director Pete Cittadini

Pete Cittadini

Thorough on-boarding process, strong mid-level management, very flexible work life balance too.

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe benefits are outstanding, especially for those requiring full family/partner benefits. Many other perks include a free gym on campus, delightful location near the SF Bay.

ConsNone that I have seen to date.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing now, employees and customers alike seem very pleased with the recent evolution of changes which are all positive.

Sales Rep's Dream Job!

Major Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOut of this world salary + commissions! Work from home but with all the back-end corporate and systems support one needs. Salesforce CRM. Sales Development Reps that not only call into your territory to follow up on Marketing leads, but nurture those leads to hand off to you to CLOSE! No micro-management but loads of support from Upper Management and Product Engineers

ConsWhen you're in a field of your own, it's difficult to be properly evaluated & ranked by analysts

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter educate Gartner & Forrester to ensure that our placement is reflective of our true performance,which, as we're a class of our own is a challenge

Great place to work

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsGreat vision and leadership; it's a challenging and rewarding environment.

ConsNone personally, my overall experience working with Actuate is positive.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Creative

ProsActuate is the perfect size company. They are just Big enough to produce a great product and organization to support it globally, but at the same time small enough to be agile in the process of building relationships and influencing product direction.

ConsActuate is right in the grey area of being a big company and a small company so the internal processes are busy catching up to the larger volumes.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees for their feedback on what can be done to make things even more efficient.

Great place to work

ProsFlexibility of job, opportunity to grow in role.
    Great relationships with managers
    Working with a team who support you.

ConsWorking outside of corporate can be sometimes be challenging.

Good people and technology to work with.

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsFriendly professional atmosphere, very sales and customer focused.

ConsTraining was somewhat insufficient initially, though they are striving to improve it now.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to train the sales force, continue to push marketing.

Solid, stable company with a wonderful culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsI've been with Actuate for nearly 10 years and am very happy here. The company invests in its employees and takes care of those who perform. Provides a great work-life balance and the opportunity to learn and grow in areas of professional interest. Promotes collaboration and cohesiveness both within and between departments and this fosters a very positive work environment.

ConsI really don't have anything negative to say--I wish the office was a little closer to home but I am provided a lot of flexibility to accommodate my commute so this isn't an issue.

Family Style

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsMy team is very family oriented. Everyone is out to help everyone else. Sales Management is also very helpful to all of us as well. The fact that the product is Open Source is also a big plus. I was not always a believer in Open Source but when you have a community as big as the BIRT community it makes things easier on Sales People because we talk to so many people that are familiar with the overall solution.

ConsBeing a smaller company you need to be somewhat of a self-starter.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more product training for new sales reps.

Intellectually stimulating job with freedom and support to try new things

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe best part about Actuate is that the company is small enough to make a difference but big enough to get something done. Your manager allows you to try new things while you perform your duties. Also, everyone is willing to help you figure out the best course of action and the environment is very collegial.

ConsThe cons really can be a plus. About half the work force works off site so the office can often seem empty even when a lot of work is being done. I also work from home a fraction of the time so I probably should not list this as a con. The pressures of the marketplace also sometimes forces us to release products that are not fully baked and Actuate ends up doing many dot releases.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not stand still. The market is shifting rapidly and Actuate cannot rest on its laurels. I sometimes think that past success has lulled people into thinking that future success is guaranteed. Actuate has to make sure that we put some more distance between what our competitors offer verses what Actuate offers.

Room to grow!

Marketing (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe recruitment process was very realistic. The team was very responsive to my emails, which helped me feel appreciated and wanted! The team is very collaborative, open to suggestions, and willing to take risks to gain a competitive edge. I chose this company over a massive competitor because I felt I could make a stronger impact and retire here instead of going through the usual churn and burn.

ConsMy only concern is that a larger company acquires this one and filters out redundant positions. Other than that, no complaints.

Worked for Actuate? Contribute to the Community!