Actuate

Actuate President, CEO, and Director Pete Cittadini

Pete Cittadini

Tough Job but good pay

Associate Entitlement Sales Engineer (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsExposure to many departments and workings of the company. Great pay for an entry level job with no experience required.

ConsNo official training program so very challenging to learn when no experience was required. The team was extremely backlogged so it was high pressure and high stress. Very specific team and company culture that does't fit everyone. No clear communication between management and team about expectations and tasks.

Not for professional growth if you're in sales.

SDR (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe atmosphere is pleasant for the most part, and there is no micromanaging.
    They pay for some of your yearly gym membership.
    Good work life balance.

ConsAs an SDR, there was no room for growth. To move up, you must leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more realistic expectations for compensation - what defines an opportunity makes it really hard to get one. Although I was of the top performers on the team, I barely got paid any commission.

Watch out those 5* reviews in recent couple of months, apparently there is a campaign to post false positive reviews

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros1. The work is not challenging. You will not feel too much competition here.
    2. Even if you are not confident with your own CS skill set you still have high possibility to pass interviews, as they actually don't care
    3. Benefit is good, salary is OK, bonus is a joke.

Cons1. If you are some decent software engineer, don't even consider submit the resume. You can definitely pass the interview, and after that you will be treated like dirt. Oh have I mentioned that after years of hardworking you are going to be laid off the very morning a major release is delivered? That happens to more than 50% of softwear engineer last Dec. And now they are desperately hiring new engineers. Do you want to work for this kind of employer? At very least please respect yourself.

2. It is officially a sinking boat. Just spend sometime to study 2013Q4/2014Q1 company performance. Do your homework.

3. You will be working on grandfathered technology. The experience gained here is totally useless elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest problem is CEO himself. Board should seriously consider alternative.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Thorough on-boarding process, strong mid-level management, very flexible work life balance too.

Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe benefits are outstanding, especially for those requiring full family/partner benefits. Many other perks include a free gym on campus, delightful location near the SF Bay.

ConsNone that I have seen to date.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing now, employees and customers alike seem very pleased with the recent evolution of changes which are all positive.

Sales Rep's Dream Job!

Major Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsOut of this world salary + commissions! Work from home but with all the back-end corporate and systems support one needs. Salesforce CRM. Sales Development Reps that not only call into your territory to follow up on Marketing leads, but nurture those leads to hand off to you to CLOSE! No micro-management but loads of support from Upper Management and Product Engineers

ConsWhen you're in a field of your own, it's difficult to be properly evaluated & ranked by analysts

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter educate Gartner & Forrester to ensure that our placement is reflective of our true performance,which, as we're a class of our own is a challenge

Actuate a great place

ProsSupportive management and friendly environment. I just started with the company and the onboarding experience has been very positive. HR was helpful and met with me to go over company benefits and the health plan in depth. Several days after I started, HR checked back with me to make sure everything is going well. Very happy so far with this position

ConsI have not seen any cons yet.

A very good place to work

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros1. flexible work time
    2. nice person to work with

Cons1. not technology oriented
    2. the company officer likes sales more than engineer

Great place to work

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsGreat vision and leadership; it's a challenging and rewarding environment.

ConsNone personally, my overall experience working with Actuate is positive.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Sales

Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsAccess to managers who can make decisions. Everyone on board has the goal of doing something great to be successful in their career.

ConsEverything has to get approved by the CEO regardless of amount or strategic influence.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the people who get feedback from the field feel good about suggesting change, rather than being scared to speak their mind.

Good

ProsFlexible work environment and good people to work with

ConsNeeds to listen more to field

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Worked for Actuate? Contribute to the Community!