Actuate

www.actuate.com
Employer Engaged

"Great" culture

I worked at Actuate

Pros

They pay for gym reimbursements and classes to increase skills for your position.

Cons

Management can not make up their minds and can not communicate changes to their employees effectively. If anything goes wrong, the employee takes the heat. They care more about their profits (which have been declining rapidly) than the well-being of their employees. (Employees are being forced to drive through terrible storm conditions with flood warnings and downed power lines just to go to work. No work from home options?!) Employees there are all very gossipy. Be careful what you say out loud because someone will definitely hear you, judge you, and repeat to someone else. Everyone who has been at this company has been there since they opened so there is no room for growth if that is what you are looking for. Their 401k matching pays out once a year so if you're not there when it gets paid out, then you're out of luck.

Learn to listen to your employees. Have some compassion. A happy employee makes the work place a happier place to be and therefore increases productivity. Have you not learned from your mistakes?

A promise of a bright future, but the reality is a dark miserable micromanagement team in the dark.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Actuate full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have a good mix of products that are in demand right now.

Cons

They moved the sales organization from a perpetual license model to a subscription model. They do not care the effect of that change as it relates to the commission rates verses the annual number. Their lack of commitment to their clients and their employees is a receipt for disaster.

Focus on the customer, in today's world of social media your need to provide a high level of customer focus and commitment to build a strong reputation and repeatable business.

Good

I worked at Actuate

Pros

Lots of freedom to have personal impact on various aspects of the company. Good work/life balance, freedom to pursue personal and professional interests. Good office spaces, and infrastructure.

Cons

Lack growth plan. Salaries could be more competitive. information and plans change. not sure how to manage back to growth organically. single product with limited investment

Actuate is very friendly place to work, and I learned a lot from them

Current Intern - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Current Intern - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Actuate as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and friendly environment. Managers are helpful when learning new things

Cons

I wish they had snacks at the break room. Conference rooms are too cold.

Not for professional growth if you're in sales.

Former Employee - SDR in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - SDR in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Actuate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is pleasant for the most part, and there is no micromanaging.
    They pay for some of your yearly gym membership.
    Good work life balance.

Cons

As an SDR, there was no room for growth. To move up, you must leave the company.

Have more realistic expectations for compensation - what defines an opportunity makes it really hard to get one. Although I was of the top performers on the team, I barely got paid any commission.

Tough Job but good pay

Former Employee - Associate Entitlement Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Entitlement Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Actuate full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exposure to many departments and workings of the company. Great pay for an entry level job with no experience required.

Cons

No official training program so very challenging to learn when no experience was required. The team was extremely backlogged so it was high pressure and high stress. Very specific team and company culture that does't fit everyone. No clear communication between management and team about expectations and tasks.

Thorough on-boarding process, strong mid-level management, very flexible work life balance too.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Actuate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are outstanding, especially for those requiring full family/partner benefits. Many other perks include a free gym on campus, delightful location near the SF Bay.

Cons

None that I have seen to date.

Keep doing what you are doing now, employees and customers alike seem very pleased with the recent evolution of changes which are all positive.

Actuate a great place

I have been working at Actuate full-time

Pros

Supportive management and friendly environment. I just started with the company and the onboarding experience has been very positive. HR was helpful and met with me to go over company benefits and the health plan in depth. Several days after I started, HR checked back with me to make sure everything is going well. Very happy so far with this position

Cons

I have not seen any cons yet.

Sales Rep's Dream Job!

Current Employee - Major Account Manager
    Current Employee - Major Account Manager

I have been working at Actuate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Out of this world salary + commissions! Work from home but with all the back-end corporate and systems support one needs. Salesforce CRM. Sales Development Reps that not only call into your territory to follow up on Marketing leads, but nurture those leads to hand off to you to CLOSE! No micro-management but loads of support from Upper Management and Product Engineers

Cons

When you're in a field of your own, it's difficult to be properly evaluated & ranked by analysts

Better educate Gartner & Forrester to ensure that our placement is reflective of our true performance,which, as we're a class of our own is a challenge

A very good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Actuate full-time

Pros

1. flexible work time
    2. nice person to work with

Cons

1. not technology oriented
    2. the company officer likes sales more than engineer