Acuative

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
3.3

Vincent Sciarra

Small fish but big player!!! Growing.. Growing...

Current Employee - Network Operations in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Network Operations in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Acuative full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice facility in Ohio. The NOC and Field Engineering groups seem like they are very well ran. Leadership in Ohio is great. Very professional appearance and well received by clients. Company is growing almost too fast.

Cons

The New Jersey decision makers are a little out of touch but have been in business a very long time. No focus on what we really do as a company. Salaries are low and we do have turnover in our NOC and other groups in Ohio. The recruiter that hired me was rude.

Take a good look at your pay structure and get a new recruiter. I had second thoughts about taking this position after I spoke to him. Bad first impression but glad I'm here now.

Field engineers are disposable. Warm bodies need only apply.

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Acuative full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company car, gas and expense card.

Cons

No room for advancement for Field engineers. Pay is way below average. Expected to work 24/7/365. Have to send in email to let management know that you are unavailable after work or on weekends for "call outs". Even still may get a call in the middle of dinner or at 3am. And are still expected to work a full day following.

Never got compliments on good jobs only complaints on bad ones.

Extremely high turnover rates.

Pay your field engineers what they are worth. They are what makes you money. Leave your staff alone if they aren't on call. Everyone needs a break, especially if they are under paid...

Could stand to pay there field workers more

Current Employee - Field Tech
    Current Employee - Field Tech

I have been working at Acuative full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting paid for 40 hours a week regardless if you work. 16 days off even for first year employee's.

Cons

Company seems to have a glass ceiling in terms of pay for their field engineers. On calls can be brutal and there is demands that you are always available even when you're not on call.

This company does not care if you have a family or if you have children. You are expected to be available for work. I have been doing this as a working father and it has put a ton of strain on my wife. I am now looking for new jobs to move to that will be more family friendly.

Pay your high quality field engineers what they are worth. You seem to constantly forget that people have families by the way you treat your field engineers. Also by not rewarding your field engineers who provide top level work for you it simply makes them want to leave. This is going to continue to cause a brain drain and lower your overall quality of support you provide.

Be Ready...there are lots of great changes happening!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Acuative full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Acuative is growing and changing and there are such good things happening here. It's such an exciting time to be working for this company. Beyond the opportunities, there are great employees and a superb Executive team that will take Acuative to the next level.

Cons

There are almost always going to be challenges anywhere you work. The key is to recognize the challenges and work through them with the appropriate entities.

Keep up the communication initiative and employee engagement events. This helps boost the employee morale and creates a culture where people enjoy working.

good place to work

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Acuative full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have a great chance to work on different products and technologies, you will benefit a lot if you learn from work. Most of the time you can get great work-life balance, you can manage your PTO vacation and in most case the manager will approve your vacation as long as it's not a short notice.

Cons

office is somewhat crowded and noisy

good work!

BEWARE

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Acuative full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits were pretty good. Nice office in Strongsville, OH. Cons far outweigh the pros.

Cons

If you like working many hours a day, without getting paid overtime in many instances, having a disrespectful support staff and management, and low pay, then Acuative is for you. Was laid off in an instant when I did not want to relocate for a 2nd time within a year.. Having worked in the telecommunications industry since 1983, I can say this is the worst company I ever worked for.
    I NEVER worked for a company where a tech cannot look at a history of a trouble or install incident. Jobs/tickets received by field techs were vague and incomplete. Did not know what to expect when arriving on site.
    Techs had absolutely no input in the decision making process. Routes/dispatches set up with no input from the tech actually doing the work.

Treat you're techs with respect. Listen to what they say. They are more than pawns on a chess board.

Ok place to work

Current Employee - NOC in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - NOC in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Acuative full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, friendly, culture, company pays for certs

Cons

advancement seems non existent, sharing desks and phones, pay seems low

Great Job Security.

Former Employee - Field Tech
    Former Employee - Field Tech

I worked at Acuative full-time

Pros

The best part of being a Field Engineer at ACUATIVE is the freedom you have working from home. You are provided with a company vehicle, gas card, company card, salary + OT, benefits, 401k, PTO, tools, and training. The pay is very competitive.

Cons

You are responsible for a huge territory. There is no set schedule. You are on call 24/7 365. Lots of travel at a moments notice. When it's busy you are extremely busy. Don't make evening reservations at your favorite restaurant or special event...chances are you'll be cancelling your plans.

Giving advice to management is futile. They run a tight ship and must be doing something right. As with any company Management makes decisions and non-management performs the tasks.

Good product, Bad company

Former Employee - Sales/Marketing
    Former Employee - Sales/Marketing

I worked at Acuative full-time

Pros

The technical onsite engineers are for the most part, top-rate.

Cons

The management - privately owned so the managers do what they want - not like a true corporate environment with professional structure

People with choices do not choose here

I have been working at Acuative full-time

Pros

new direction from COO seems positive. Field Services and NOC are decently run departments

Cons

Everything else.. I have worked for a lot of companies and then there was this mess.. Never have I seen anything like it

Become the place people want to works. Stop working your employees like slaves and pay them what they are worth not 20 percent below average

Acuative Photos