Acuitus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

John Newkirk

A fantastic vision, just needs a little help with management

Intern (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Acuitus full-time for less than a year

ProsA small-team work environment. You feel like you're working towards a greater goal.
If you achieve, you are given greater responsibility. Compensation is top-notch.

ConsVery strict about timesheets.
Everyone works very hard, and work-life balance is a bit of an issue.
Communication is not always clear. I didn't always know what I should be working on.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more receptive to feedback, there isn't a clear way for employees to provide advice to the management. This can lead to built up frustration.

Great learning tool, but serious management issues

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Acuitus full-time

ProsContent developers are very smart, experienced, and passionate. Some world class developers. The interactive nature of the product is by far better than other learning products. Doing interesting research and analysis into the cognitive science, information retention, and reinforcement.

ConsThere are serious issues with management trust, micro-management, and control. Sometimes senior software engineers were asked to build custom server hardware configs. Lots of last minute new features and design changes. Talk to a few previous employees before considering positions here.

Easy job for recent grads

Tester (Former Employee)

I worked at Acuitus

Pros- Snacks: They provide testers with a snack basket and free Colas
- Learn on the job: Your job as a tester is to "test out" an IT course, so you are basically paid to learn about IT. This can be very useful.

Cons- Mobility: They treat the company like some kind of a top-secret operation, so testers can't walk around in the building.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice: You guys are doing your job well. But perhaps keep some of the testers who perform well on as full-time testers

Worked for Acuitus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acuitus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Acuitus CEO John Newkirk. All reviews posted anonymously by Acuitus employees.