Acuity Mutual Reviews

4.1

Ben Salzmann

Most rewarding job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Current Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Mutual full-time

Pros

Great benefits, work-life balance, parties, jeans days (weekly), cafeteria, flextime for salaried workers, growing company, everyone gets an iPad, free chair massage 2x a year, discounts in the community, ACUITY garden, fishing pond, fitness center with fitness classes throughout the day

Cons

It is hard to think of a con when the company really values what its employees think. There are town hall meetings at least twice a year in which employees have an opportunity to voice their concerns with ANYTHING.

Is the ferris wheel really necessary?

Great Company If You Want to be in Insurance

Former Employee - Inside Claims  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Former Employee - Inside Claims in Sheboygan, WI

I worked at Acuity Mutual full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work: Flexible work schedules, free meals regularly, charitable events, community garden, etc

Cons

If you would prefer cash instead of all the gimmicks. Desk job when you would rather be downstairs working out. Unequal distribution of work: some employees appear to always be doing stuff other than work while others are unable to leave desk due to workload

New management in claims department. Applaud your ability to generate good will with an overwhelming amount of free unnecessary things.

Great company!

I worked at Acuity Mutual full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful coworkers, team atmosphere, fun environment. They truly care about the employees.

Cons

It would be great to see more part time opportunities.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company that treats employees very well

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster  in  Sheboygan, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Mutual full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Does not micromanage, let's employees do their job, listens to employees, very good pay and benefits

Cons

Not that many promotion opportunities

None

Well run company poised for continued growth

I have been working at Acuity Mutual

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Great knowlege by all levels of management and they really care about employees. Good computers/IT systems. Vision for the future. Great benefits

Cons

Pay below market. May be awhile until can move up in.

You do many great things but it is time to compensate employees better. We'll see what happens when the market hardens.

ok

I worked at Acuity Mutual

Pros

good place to work. close to home and good atmosphere. Flexible, and no micro managing. Overall not a bad place to get started.

Cons

Not very much movement, due to the size of the company. Compensation is ok, but not the greatest. More input needed from management.

Service area at Acuity

I have been working at Acuity Mutual

Pros

Great benefits, gifts, events & cafeteria.

Cons

Management team in Service Area are a mess. Lots of issues not taken care of. Trainer would rather talk about her online boyfriend than teach the class the important things of how to do our job. When we brought this up, the manager would not listen and instead it was our fault. Nothing was done. Not sure if senior management was aware of issue. VP of Service Area does not care about employees. Very sad for such a "great place to work." Will never go back to that place. Will never recommend to family or friends because of terrible experience.

Please communicate and listen to your employees. When they ask for help they probably need it. Don't shrug them off and pretend you are listening.

As a financial economist I project potential improvements in profits to the Board, as well as our CEO and Vice-President

Current Employee - Financial Economist
    Current Employee - Financial Economist

I have been working at Acuity Mutual

Pros

The headquarters are great! The lifestyle center, gym, massage and relaxation center, as well as the buffet style cafeteria with good chefs make it a a place in which an individual will never be bored! Parking space is great, and the flexibility of hours is something I praise!

Cons

Some of the cons would include the location of Acuity. The fact that it is located near the city's detention center, is a little concerning. Another con would be the commute, which can be long, especially if you live in a subdivision.

Acuity has done a great job in keeping their employees happy. Any improvements would only add to the great vibe located within the Acuity offices. Nothing is disappointing when working with Acuity, and I thank-you for the environment that you have created for us, the employees!

Worked for Acuity Mutual? Contribute to the Community!